On the go recipe

So my dad is joining the low carb as he has been told he is diabetic and wants to do it with diet alone. My dad works as a HGV driver and works away a lot. He has a small fridge, a microwave and a kettle in his lorry. Can people please post low carb ideas that he could have on the go. Really looking forward to seeing some suggestions. Thankyou in advance. :)

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Any meat, fish, eggs are fine.
Omelettes/scrambled egg with ham, cooked chicken, cheese and/or bacon and maybe add mushrooms and spring onion. Eaten hot or cold.
Tuna in a sugar free mayo with green salad.
Ready cooked bacon can be reheated in a microwave for a few seconds, have with mushrooms and avocado.
Easy snacks such as cheese, cooked meat, pork scratchings, roasted chicken legs.
Greek yogurt with a few berries - blueberries travel well and keep for days in the fridge. Add some sweetener such as truvia or erythritol if wanted.

Reactions: KidDougi

Sandy-55

Cold sausages
I bought a microwave omelette maker that’s not to bad You can get poach eggs cups too for the microwave.
Keto pancakes can be made before the journey there’s also cloud bread but haven’t tried that yet

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Tuna melts made in advance, can be reheated or eaten cold. Can also vary the recipe by adding ham, bacon or chorizo in place of the tuna. Expect tinned or smoked salmon would work well too but have not tried these.