blood sugar 19.2 just woke up on floor

SecurityMike

Ladies and Gents,
It is 2.00 am, just woken up on the floor, possibly been there for a couple of hours, took a BS reading, 19.2, only had small portion of rice and curry, naan bread, samosas, at 8 pm.
I have only drank 2 cans of Pepsi Max and a hot chocolate.
any ideas?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That seems a rather high intake of carbohydrate for a type 2 - do you limit your carbohydrate or are you using a glucose lowering medication?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If you think you passed out and are now coming round then I would phone 111....

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you sure you passed out and didn’t just sleep walk? I’ve done some strange thing in my sleep (honest officer)

Rice, naan bread etc are killer foods for bg so it’s not a huge surprise that your bg was that high, I would be too, that’s why we test, so we know which foods we should avoid, I would say that puts your meal on the avoid list.

I don’t understand the passing out thing, although personally I am unaware when numbers go there or much higher, makes me wonder what else is going on, but this may happen to others, I hope you get some answers, good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
Ladies and Gents,
It is 2.00 am, just woken up on the floor, possibly been there for a couple of hours, took a BS reading, 19.2, only had small portion of rice and curry, naan bread, samosas, at 8 pm.
any ideas?

for me, as someone on insulin, that sounds like a lot of carbs! You say you are not on any medication? Certainly this is a case for medical attention!

TerryB65

Ladies and Gents,
any ideas?

Firstly I hope you are ok.

Secondly, wayyyyyy too many carbs sweetie, rice, bread, pastry, chocolate. Killer combo babe. Time to cut the carbs drastically, its hard to start with, I'm doing it atm but it can be done.

Take care of yourself

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ladies and Gents,
any ideas?

Hi,
sounds like a conundrum as to how you found yourself on the floor at 2am. Could somebody slipped "something" in your coke?
Certainly needs checking out with the doc if this becomes a recurrence.

The high BGs.. Are you still omitting your meds? This may account for it.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and Gents,
any ideas?
Are you still on insulin? you mention it in your previous post.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and Gents,
any ideas?
Ideas? Yes, all of the above.