What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I may be remembering wrong @dunelm but about a year ago you used the Ax Cut stroke for rocks/mountains? I imagine it would work well for bark and leaves.
Thats right, I did. I did a little practice doodle using a brush pen on a sheet of A4 writing paper whilst chatting to our grandchildren on Zoom last night.

upload_2021-9-1_4-55-23.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a “why am I up so early” start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken stew followed by the weeniest slice of tea brack with cheese came in at 5.8 this am.

Why in the world did I decide to get up at 4am this morning? I use the words ‘I’ and ‘decide’ but it wasn’t under my control, they were just in there as easy fillers to a short sentence. What I should have said is that a dodgy suprachiasmatic nucleus triggered the release of cortisol and other hormones with scant regard to a certain circadian biological clock mechanism and my own very personal sleep/wake homeostasis plan. Anyhow, I can take advantage of the time to drag the bins out and surprise the neighbours.

Art bit - a tree - I know, and with surround sound if you have the not yet invented app. Hope your Mittwoch is served with a delicious gravy. I shall have an early koffy.

upload_2021-9-1_5-29-20.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know what you mean re the sleep or lack of have been awake since 3am myself still awake at 4am so got up ..shame because its my day off but there you go . Anyway having a run of 6's over the last few days with a 6.7 this morning all due to over carbing is there such a word spell check doesn't appear to think so lol .No long walks since Friday mainly due to work and busy with family and house stuff . I will have to get back into a routine .

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Another day on the computer yesterday but the difference was that I was going through new exercises from my Zoom training over the summer. So it was 15 minutes on the computer then 10 minutes practicing the exercise. This went on for most of the day. It made a huge difference to my fbs.

Poppy our black Labrador thought it was such fun to join me on my exercise mat every time I got on the floor. It was so funny.

the huge benefit of doing all my training on Zoom is that the teachers record the training sessions and send us links so we can re-watch them.

lindisfel

Expert
Superb texture to the trunk @dunelm!

Good morning everyone from a “why am I up so early” start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken stew followed by the weeniest slice of tea brack with cheese came in at 5.8 this am.

Why in the world did I decide to get up at 4am this morning? I use the words ‘I’ and ‘decide’ but it wasn’t under my control, they were just in there as easy fillers to a short sentence. What I should have said is that a dodgy suprachiasmatic nucleus triggered the release of cortisol and other hormones with scant regard to a certain circadian biological clock mechanism and my own very personal sleep/wake homeostasis plan. Anyhow, I can take advantage of the time to drag the bins out and surprise the neighbours.

Art bit - a tree - I know, and with surround sound if you have the not yet invented app. Hope your Mittwoch is served with a delicious gravy. I shall have an early koffy.

View attachment 51013

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 51013

Oh dear, so the neighbours got their early morning wake up call @dunelm
The tree has worked out very well...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I had a cat get me up at 3.30 am because he couldn't sleep (and neither could I because he kept moving), so I fed cat and I went and made myself a cuppa, and come back to an asleep cat sprawled all over the bed. So it was blanket and the couch for me...

My attempt in Snapseed not so successful methinks. I took a photo of a light shining through my kitchen door window in the dark. Placed it on top of each other a few times. Absolute rubbish. Took a photo of my apples, put that in yet another double exposure on the first photo. Played in curves. Gave up. This is a bad job. My brain needs sleep.

I did however learn how to get further into Snapseed’s tool settings...

Now for a very long nap, if only that cat stays asleep...

3D94CAF3-0228-438C-9207-6CF631C082E8.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome one and all to St Giles day and meteorological autumn. The latter makes my heart sink anyhow but much moreso following a poor summer and not being in such a fecund environment. To business. 5.6 on Swipey - simply too high. If carbs are the key yesterday's 11 is too high, If it is weight, <73 kgs for a bmi of around 22/22.2 is too hefty. C'mon, really? Blame it on the boogie I reckon. Hug for early waking @dunelm and @mojo37. @lindisfel I pray the gnasher wizard performs wonders or as @dunelm says, soup, cardigans and cats for thee old chum. @gennepher all I see is a highly creative piece of art, several degrees of talent above an unmade bed. Great tree dunelm and @geefull another magnificent seascape. A couple of regulars here could probably manage a gull wing or two. That would buy half a 2nd hand tractor. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and system for working through new exercises. For all it matters, my money is on the exercise and mood as a key component in bg management once a sensible carb intake has been achieved. Necessary but not sufficient and just because lc may help it doesn't follow that ultra lc is even better. I even had a bacon sandwich for breakfast - skinny bread and reduced salt and sugar tommy k. Was lc and some extra cals but I'm more comfortable missing breakfast and bacon. Oh, I googled Tea Brack - oh my, how tastes vary but I'd be delighted to find 4 or 5 things lc I view as treats just now,

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37 and geefull

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy national bin day Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

Sorry to start my post on a negative note or notes. Absolute disaster darlings, disaster, overslept again then a 4.8 on that grrrrrr meter, a very busy Morening climbing step ladders, chain saw, hedge trimmers and loping shears. My steam driven sliderule came out, teabag reading mug, finger held up into the wind all to calculate my insulin dose. In the end nothing could agree so I just guessed a dose.

This afternoon I shall be continuing with the afore mentioned task but with the addition of a shredder, why Mrs J can't just vapourise the debris with her kill at a glance chip me and me's will never know.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers good luck with all your endeavours, but garden tasks await, I wonder if my neighbour will mind me butchering the hedge between us, I'm only decreasing it's height by 2 to 3 feet.
Now I must go and .......

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry to start my post on a negative note or notes. Absolute disaster darlings, disaster, overslept again then a 4.8 on that grrrrrr meter, a very busy Morening climbing step ladders, chain saw, hedge trimmers and loping shears. My steam driven sliderule came out, teabag reading mug, finger held up into the wind all to calculate my insulin dose. In the end nothing could agree so I just guessed a dose.

This afternoon I shall be continuing with the afore mentioned task but with the addition of a shredder, why Mrs J can't just vapourise the debris with her kill at a glance chip me and me's will never know.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers good luck with all your endeavours, but garden tasks await, I wonder if my neighbour will mind me butchering the hedge between us, I'm only decreasing it's height by 2 to 3 feet.
Oh dear. Hug for the low fbg. Good fences make good neighbours, Mr Frost told me. Good ole Bobby F. Just don't buy his sat navs. Mind you don't damage yer hollyhocks fella.:angelic: Bank Holiday Alfred so bin day is Friday this week. You crazy Brits.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I had a cat get me up at 3.30 am because he couldn't sleep (and neither could I because he kept moving), so I fed cat and I went and made myself a cuppa, and come back to an asleep cat sprawled all over the bed. So it was blanket and the couch for me...

My attempt in Snapseed not so successful methinks. I took a photo of a light shining through my kitchen door window in the dark. Placed it on top of each other a few times. Absolute rubbish. Took a photo of my apples, put that in yet another double exposure on the first photo. Played in curves. Gave up. This is a bad job. My brain needs sleep.

I did however learn how to get further into Snapseed’s tool settings...

Now for a very long nap, if only that cat stays asleep...

View attachment 51014
Wow, looks like you have been blowing glass

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome one and all to St Giles day and meteorological autumn. The latter makes my heart sink anyhow but much moreso following a poor summer and not being in such a fecund environment. To business. 5.6 on Swipey - simply too high. If carbs are the key yesterday's 11 is too high, If it is weight, <73 kgs for a bmi of around 22/22.2 is too hefty. C'mon, really? Blame it on the boogie I reckon. Hug for early waking @dunelm and @mojo37. @lindisfel I pray the gnasher wizard performs wonders or as @dunelm says, soup, cardigans and cats for thee old chum. @gennepher all I see is a highly creative piece of art, several degrees of talent above an unmade bed. Great tree dunelm and @geefull another magnificent seascape. A couple of regulars here could probably manage a gull wing or two. That would buy half a 2nd hand tractor. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and system for working through new exercises. For all it matters, my money is on the exercise and mood as a key component in bg management once a sensible carb intake has been achieved. Necessary but not sufficient and just because lc may help it doesn't follow that ultra lc is even better. I even had a bacon sandwich for breakfast - skinny bread and reduced salt and sugar tommy k. Was lc and some extra cals but I'm more comfortable missing breakfast and bacon. Oh, I googled Tea Brack - oh my, how tastes vary but I'd be delighted to find 4 or 5 things lc I view as treats just now,
Can’t beat a bit of Yorkshire Brack topped with cheese https://www.botham.co.uk/yorkshire-brack

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Can you come and trim our fig tree?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Can you come and trim our fig tree?

Ahh an invite to the dark and dangerous norf, I love sneaking up norf to the moors and dales, but not sure when me and me's will be allowed a pass out, also my destinations are kept strictly private.
But can I respectfully suggest @ianpspurs as he must have acres of experience pruning his old small holding and now at his new abode more free time.

Good luck with your quest and we'll done on your art work.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh an invite to the dark and dangerous norf, I love sneaking up norf to the moors and dales, but not sure when me and me's will be allowed a pass out, also my destinations are kept strictly private.
But can I respectfully suggest @ianpspurs as he must have acres of experience pruning his old small holding and now at his new abode more free time.

Good luck with your quest and we'll done on your art work.
Pruning time is December https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=858 otherwise you get trapped into shopping. Cut and stack the legwood for seasoning - 18 months at least- in cords before using on the fire. Rake up the smaller branches, put on the burn pile and have a huge bonfire about mid May. After Christmas make sure to winter wash (too busy for sales, that and ditching) - not that stupid sprayer, proper napsack. Figs? Put a chain around the trunk, hook up the RR and off you go.:angelic:

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 today

shopping day today so off out early then dropped off mum's share of the goodies and did a bit of mowing since it was dry and sunny :)

Back home it was 'smelly' bin day today and although it was a bank holiday on Monday today was still the day :)

But lo a mystery has occured today, When we got back from mum's the 'scavvy wagon' was just heading our way down the main street of the village so we came inside brewed tea put shopping away...
about half an hour later there was a knock on the door and it was one of our neighbours from up the small road behind us searching for her bin which has gone missing. Ours was standing where they always leave it, the other neighbours bins were standing where they always leave them but hers is gone completely :arghh:

Perhaps the bin men damaged it accidentally and took it away, can't imagine where it can have gone otherwise, there are only 4 houses up there :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - hope you manage to get things fixed :(

@dunelm - interesting texture in your zoom sketch, it's turned out well and the texture in that tree bark is lovely, I think the pink you've added has really made it 'pop' too :)

@gennepher - today's snapseed is an interesting experiment, the colour is pleasing and the texture of the glass is very fluid like reflected light on water :)

art bit - limited palette painted on Bockingford paper.

upload_2021-9-1_21-39-48.jpeg