LibreView uploads

Barbt 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Having been asked by my Consultant to upload my Freestyle Libre data, I am having problems. I’ve downloaded the drivers and connected with the hospital, but LV keeps telling me that no devices are found. I’m assuming that I have done this correctly by using my Apple lightning phone charger as my data cable? I’ve tried two different USB ports on my laptop, but no joy. Please can someone advise? Many thanks.

sgm14

Apple lightning phone charger

That doesn't sound correct. The connection on my freestyle libre reader is Micro-Usb and when I got the reader it came with a yellow cable (Micro-USB to standard USB)

Also, as far as I know the lightning is only used by Apple products.

When I connect the reader to my computer, it briefly displays a message on the reader saying "connected to a computer" and the message also appears if I press the button on the reader.

Barbt 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I see what you’re saying, but as I’m using my iPhone and not a reader, I assumed that I would use my lightning cable - one end on phone and usb end on laptop? This is where I think I’ve got a problem, but I’m not sure!

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I was told if your using a phone it’s “on the cloud “ I assumed my consultant cab get it , I use a reader with my iPad I bought an adaptor, I did have a messag3 telling me “ can’t download blah blah blah but my consultant told me they had received it so jobs a good un .

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I see what you’re saying, but as I’m using my iPhone and not a reader, I assumed that I would use my lightning cable - one end on phone and usb end on laptop? This is where I think I’ve got a problem, but I’m not sure!
Are you saying that you scan with your phone and use the LibreLink app?
If that is the case, the app automatically uploads to LibreView and you don't need to synch.

sgm14

I’m using my iPhone

In that case you don't need the cables and or drivers. If your account details on your app and website are the same and your phone is connected to the internet, then your readings should be automatically synced from your phone to the website.

Barbt 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok! Many thanks for all this. I guess I need to check that the hospital are getting the data.

Lakeslover

From my iPhone data automatically transfers up to libreview. If you log on the libreview in the top left you will see a picture of the reader and next to it a little rectangle which looks like a small graph. Click on that and you will see the uploaded data.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was told if your using a phone it’s “on the cloud “ I assumed my consultant cab get it , I use a reader with my iPad I bought an adaptor, I did have a messag3 telling me “ can’t download blah blah blah but my consultant told me they had received it so jobs a good un .
I have a cable that physically connects my reader, ( freestyle Libre 2) to my iPad, but have not been able to get the information to load to libreview. I get stuck at download a device driver. How did you get that to work?

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I think I downloaded the driver , but I did get message saying that data wouldn’t download but my consultant told me that it had downloaded , it was so much easier when I use to go to the hospital and they use to download my data , to be honest I haven’t downloaded my stat for ages , I’ve been diabetic that long now I tend to look after myself , I usually only download data before an appointment , but as long as my Hb1ac is ok the consultant seems happy

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting, thank you so much for a reply. I’m very new to this, having been diagnosed T1 only a few weeks ago. So does the reader just discard the data after 30 days and then continue to work with the latest scan results? If I can’t get my iPad to connect to it I’m wondering if I can just write down the scan results for periods the consults would like and just continue to use it without being connected to libreview?
Thanks again.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting, thank you so much for a reply. I’m very new to this, having been diagnosed T1 only a few weeks ago. So does the reader just discard the data after 30 days and then continue to work with the latest scan results? If I can’t get my iPad to connect to it I’m wondering if I can just write down the scan results for periods the consults would like and just continue to use it without being connected to libreview?
Thanks again.
Don't you have a phone you could scan with?

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't you have a phone you could scan with?
Nope, no phone, weird I know these days. Seems like I might need to consider it though although I’d rather not if I can come up with a system that works for both me and the diabetes care team.