Digestion issues

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all for some time now I have been having problems with digestion and I have noticed a strange thing going on with my blood sugars. i tested before food and it was 6.5 and 2 hours after with metforming 6.4 how is this possible. I'm getting stinging pains round the head arms and back I'm type 2 have seen a doctor but they are just not interested. I'm worrying myself to death over this. I've been doing low carb for over 8 months now. My last hba1c was 68 in november. before xmas last year I jumped on low carb soon after the next hba1c was 45 that was in may this year not sure what it is now. I'm on slow release metforming 1 a day I also on ramiprill 5mg.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi all for some time now I have been having problems with digestion and I have noticed a strange thing going on with my blood sugars. i tested before food and it was 6.5 and 2 hours after with metforming 6.4 how is this possible. I'm getting stinging pains round the head arms and back I'm type 2 have seen a doctor but they are just not interested. I'm worrying myself to death over this. I've been doing low carb for over 8 months now. My last hba1c was 68 in november. before xmas last year I jumped on low carb soon after the next hba1c was 45 that was in may this year not sure what it is now. I'm on slow release metforming 1 a day I also on ramiprill 5mg.
What is it with doctors!
Surely if their patient is worried then they should look into the cause!

Reactions: Arsenal79

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
i tested before food and it was 6.5 and 2 hours after with metforming 6.4 how is this possible.
I've been doing low carb for over
Why are you surprised by those numbers? If you've had a low carb meal I wouldn't expect your blood glucose to go up.
I'm getting stinging pains round the head arms and back
I'm puzzled. Do you feel the pain in your head, arms and back are connected to your problems with digestion?

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi sorry I've never had this before with the numbers staying near enough by each other. they've either gone up or down never like this. And has for the pain in head neck and arms yes I do feel its something to do with digestion.

Reactions: Antje77

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi sorry I've never had this before with the numbers staying near enough by each other. they've either gone up or down never like this. And has for the pain in head neck and arms yes I do feel its something to do with digestion.

I would have thought that your numbers staying the same was a good sign that your bg is under control (a difference of .1 is meningless given the accuracy of a meter). As for the pain, I'd definitely consult a doctor about that, but am not sure why it would have anything to do with diabetes or digestion? It only happens after meals?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

Hi @Arsenal79 Firstly congratulations on your reduction in HbA1C. That shows that you are on the right track since a reading of 45 is back down in the 'pre-diabetic' region.
Having a drop in BG after a zero carb (or near zero carb) meal is quite normal particularly if that meal is Breakfast. Even though I was on no diabetes medication at all, I used to have a drop of up to 0.5 after a breakfast of 2 or 3 boiled eggs because that stopped my liver from dumping glucose into my blood stream. It does this) particularly in the mornings) in order to help give your the energy to hunt or gather your first meal of the day just like a cave dweller. So when it sees energy coming in from a meal it knows to turn that process off.