What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 - And I’m back in the Room…. Back in the Room…..This afternoon.
I hate to do this to you, honestly, but after my strong, very strong, morning coffee I was back to 5.3.
Well, actually, perhaps that is the answer to my DP hiatus. Flask of coffee by bed, quaff at first waking.. which is generally around 5am. Before another 2 hours or so of kip.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.7 today. Very happy with that as I’ve barely dropped below 7 for a couple of days.
@ianpspurs I’m only just catching up on missed posts, so sorry to hear of your grandson and MIL health worries, hugs to you all.
@Pipp agree about the morning coffee. I’ve gone one step further and bought a Nespresso machine to keep beside the bed - only have to reach an arm out and press a button. I love that first coffee!
Good to see you back posting @Saskia
@PenguinMum I hope the weather stays sunny down here for your visit.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a delayed summer's day. At one stage my fbg on Swipey was 5.8 which is way too high for 20 gms carb. This sensor - ends tonight- has been strange but all my readings have been since August 20th. Thanks for the hug and good wishes @DJC3. @Pipp and @DJC3 things may be awkward here but I'll never descend to black coffee or even coffee first thing in the morning. Nothing is worth that. If it ever descends into bacon for any of you please, please promise me you'll seek urgent professional help. :angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All from Exmoor. 6.2 today after a lovely afternoon/evening in the sunshine. All smashing especially for my glasses which I managed to sit on at start of dinner.
Off to Cornwall today to find an optician!

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hate to do this to you, honestly, but after my strong, very strong, morning coffee I was back to 5.3.
Well, actually, perhaps that is the answer to my DP hiatus. Flask of coffee by bed, quaff at first waking.. which is generally around 5am. Before another 2 hours or so of kip.
If it works for you ...go to it :) we all seem to have varying things that increase FBG and decrease it ..if I don't eat within say 2 hrs of getting up my bg increases . Maybe in my case its stored glucose who knows for sure o_O.So I eat and if have time go for a long walk and that appears to work well for me ( fingers crossed ).

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6. Second day in a row. Very happy with that. Seeing the nurse today who wants me on insulin. After the Tesco event yesterday (getting the shakes plus dizziness, which subsided after a glucose tablet), I am saying no for another 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.7 today. Very happy with that as I’ve barely dropped below 7 for a couple of days.
@ianpspurs I’m only just catching up on missed posts, so sorry to hear of your grandson and MIL health worries, hugs to you all.
@Pipp agree about the morning coffee. I’ve gone one step further and bought a Nespresso machine to keep beside the bed - only have to reach an arm out and press a button. I love that first coffee!
Good to see you back posting @Saskia
@PenguinMum I hope the weather stays sunny down here for your visit.
Love the idea of sticking my arm out for coffee. I'm like a zombie

Reactions: DJC3 and SaskiaKC