What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, unlikely as it may seem if you woke up this morning it is a good morning whatever trials and tribulations await your day

Disaster darlings, disaster another low for me and me's 4.4 on that expletive meter, steam driven sliderule, tea bag reading mug, wet finger held up into the wind all to calculate my insulin dosage, an important factor is how active am I going to be today, but in the end a good old guess has to suffice.

Now being a black koffy drinker, vegan bacon sarnie eater who has taken and given psychological advice me and me's must smile at poor old @ianpspurs comment, allowances have been made for all the stress and in the hope that a little gift will help 34000 litres of bacon sarnies and a tea chest of black koffy are on the way :)

Stay safe and remember that giving annoying neighbours a swift smack round the head with a crow bar is frowned upon by the boys and girls in blue @gennepher.

Now it is time for me go, medication to take, stay safe all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, unlikely as it may seem if you woke up this morning it is a good morning whatever trials and tribulations await your day

Disaster darlings, disaster another low for me and me's 4.4 on that expletive meter, steam driven sliderule, tea bag reading mug, wet finger held up into the wind all to calculate my insulin dosage, an important factor is how active am I going to be today, but in the end a good old guess has to suffice.

Now being a black koffy drinker, vegan bacon sarnie eater who has taken and given psychological advice me and me's must smile at poor old @ianpspurs comment, allowances have been made for all the stress and in the hope that a little gift will help 34000 litres of bacon sarnies and a tea chest of black koffy are on the way :)

Stay safe and remember that giving annoying neighbours a swift smack round the head with a crow bar is frowned upon by the boys and girls in blue @gennepher.

Thanks young Alfred, young sparrow me owl. Fear not, DHL will either lose the chest or leave it with a "neighbour" ........ in Botswana. It's the thought that counts. Hug for the low - now I would really appreciate that being sent on.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you who still find cooking and baking worth the effort and since it will soon be autumn :bigtears: these ideas may be suitable for adaptation. I don't offer them with any sense of personal hope or endorsement as virtually no swap/adaptation has ever worked for me but thousands of others find deep joy in adapted recipes. If one of you find something here that works and brings pleasure that would be amazing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a window into the azure here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of leftovers found sulking in the fridge came in at 5.3 this am

The girl in the bubble will be arriving shortly - swimming has been mentioned and little red armbands are sitting in a bag by the front door - sounds like a morning of relative peace for me for I shall not be taking part. Rather, enjoying the sunshine. Sorry that you had such an annoying day yesterday @gennepher and hope that today is a better fit.
Children are back at school and somewhere in Mordor, the drapes will be drawn back to reveal the unspeculated image of the future for NI contributions - or maybe not - look away now Mr Schrödinger.

Another tree - hope today is a good one for all - koffy time

View attachment 51052
Thanks @dunelm
Your tree, rock, and reclining figure are great.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all on a delayed summer's day. Watering Julie's hanging baskets, grandson No 1's sunflower and the tomatoes has suddenly become urgent. At one stage my fbg on Swipey was 5.8 which is still way too high for 20 gms carb. This sensor - ends tonight- has been strange but all my readings have been strange since August 20th. Those hospitalised continue to progress but an awful lot of travelling and childcare involved what with another plot line making things very messy indeed. 'Stenders lite. Hug for yesterday @gennepher but wonderful art again. Right about now a creative talent, well any talent really, would probably be a godsend for me. Winner for swerving the swimming @dunelm - Mr Schrödinger and his cat are popping up all over the meedja. Have a great day and a big hug for anyone whose life has become so dismal they drink coffee - especially black. Nothing is ever that awful. If it descends into bacon please seek professional help immediately. Cheerybye.
Thanks @ianpspurs
And for the art compliment TY

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.9 today

Just dodging in and out at the moment, mr gee slipped on the gravel outside the house and his left wrist is damaged, they don't 'think' it's a fracture but it looks like he's chipped the bone in a couple of places so he is splinted up and it's rather colourful (as is his language :D). Of course he is left handed :banghead: so I'm quite busy at the moment ;)

Hope things are ok with you :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Just dodging in and out at the moment, mr gee slipped on the gravel outside the house and his left wrist is damaged, they don't 'think' it's a fracture but it looks like he's chipped the bone in a couple of places so he is splinted up and it's rather colourful (as is his language :D). Of course he is left handed :banghead: so I'm quite busy at the moment ;)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mr Gee. Chipped bones can take a while to heal.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it wrong to chuckle at that Norwich to (almost) Yarmouth story?.
No, it's not wrong to chuckle. Actually, I also find it funny. Mr K was supposed to drive, but on the train he got chatting to a Canadian actor who was traveling to Norwich to film Tales of the Unexpected (it was a long time ago - maybe in the 1980s). Rather a lot of Alcohol was consumed on the journey - which is why he didn't notice that I was driving in the wrong direction).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No, it's not wrong to chuckle. Actually, I also find it funny. Mr K was supposed to drive, but on the train he got chatting to a Canadian actor who was traveling to Norwich to film Tales of the Unexpected (it was a long time ago - maybe in the 1980s). Rather a lot of Alcohol was consumed on the journey - which is why he didn't notice that I was driving in the wrong direction).
Excellent work Mr K. I remember Tales of the Unexpected and before that the Knight on the horse logo. Used to wait impatiently for the music to stop and kids TV to start.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-07 16.15.01.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-07 16.15.01.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good job you reminded me @alf_Josiah or else I might be in a spot of bother ...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hugs @geefull
Oh dear.
Hope it is sorted quickly...
t25114.gif

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Thank you on behalf of baby OP and Nanny London. Hug for the detour but winner for being chauffeured. Is it wrong to chuckle at that Norwich to (almost) Yarmouth story?. Childhood memories of huge delays on the Acle? road and "holding it in." One amazing holiday in Caister kite flying and playing beach cricket with my dad and uncle. The past is a very different country and we both know what memories bring

Very relieved the situation is improving Ian.

I remember cycling in Norfolk when my friend and I were young teenagers and we stayed in Acle with a pensioner for 5 shillngs bed and breakfast each.

Perhaps you were a gleam then in your Dads eye, Ian?
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those of you who still find cooking and baking worth the effort and since it will soon be autumn :bigtears: these ideas may be suitable for adaptation. I don't offer them with any sense of personal hope or endorsement as virtually no swap/adaptation has ever worked for me but thousands of others find deep joy in adapted recipes. If one of you find something here that works and brings pleasure that would be amazing.
All hail the kale

Reactions: SlimLizzy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ouch! All the best to Mr Gee

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on what promises to be another day of sun and canned heat here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a group of mainly red things and a dollop of harissa came in at 5.2 this am

A fine time on the beach yesterday. The tide was way out when we got there at about 1130 - a bright sunny day and hardly anyone about - smashing. Bit of art going on in Norwich at present, might be worth a visit if you are down that way; https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/new...y-spotted-in-norwich-sainsbury-centre-8303200. Things are beginning to move - garden stuff at present - in readiness to us moving at some point. We have been given the use of a shipping container where our daughter works, with unfettered access to it during working hours. Mrs Miggins is well excited. Local bully boy, Mr Robbin, has made an appearance and is hopping about inspecting his territory. There may be trouble ahead.

Art bit - another tree of course. Hope that everyone has a wonderful experience of International Bin Day - two parades today, one for the recycling bin and one for the garden bin - the excitement may cause some folk to swoon in this heatwave. Anyhow, time for a koffy.

upload_2021-9-8_7-4-41.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ouch - that sounds really painful. Hope Mr Gee is in less pain now he is splinted up. It does look as though you will be really busy until he recovers.