Never feeling hungry

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This going to sound silly but I never ever feel actually hungry even If I have a empty stomach still carnt understand why this happened about 6 years ago suddenly. Regardless morning or lunchtime or whatever time of day. Its really wierd maybe it's some sort of condition. But has anyone experienced anything like this?.

M

Member496333

Do you eat a largely ketogenic diet and have plenty of body fat? Are you losing weight? Could potentially be a ghrelin/leptin disorder but I would think that is pretty rare. You’d probably need to consult and endocrinologist for any meaningful answers, but if your body effortlessly maintains weight then I wouldn’t be too concerned.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My weight is pretty much stable ain't had any weight loss my diet is not ketogenic. Its really annoying because never can feel hungry whatsoever

Madisons

This going to sound silly but I never ever feel actually hungry even If I have a empty stomach still carnt understand why this happened about 6 years ago suddenly. Regardless morning or lunchtime or whatever time of day. Its really wierd maybe it's some sort of condition. But has anyone experienced anything like this?.
Hi, I wish I was more like you. Instead, I am ALWAYS hungry even after consuming a huge meal. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in June. Was told to limit carbs and eat only 2 fruits a day instead of a whole bunch that I used to love. So, no more beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, gluten-free bread and pancakes, etc...Today I ate fried mushrooms, with red bell peppers, sauteed dandelion and spinach. With it was a tin of tuna, and avocado and low carb toast with seed butter, and a cup of green tea! I can still raid my fridge and cupboards because I am starving. I'm convinced T1 diabetes is causing this hunger like a tapeworm eating all the nutrients I am trying to feed my body. My mother is diabetic, endo called it LADA, so afraid this is me now, as I am not obese. How does everyone here stay satisfied with their meal, and not crave anything afterwards? I have no self-control, the stress is overwhelming. I guess stress causes one to eat. I need help or some drug to suppress my appetite.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't get sensations of hunger, not since stopping the carb heavy diet I was on when diagnosed.
It has never bothered me, but I grew up in a family which ate low carb, so I found being hungry rather unpleasant.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I ate fried mushrooms, with red bell peppers, sauteed dandelion and spinach. With it was a tin of tuna, and avocado and low carb toast with seed butter, and a cup of green tea!
If that is all you had today, I'm not surprised you are hungry. That is low in protein, low in healthy fats and low in quantity. Have you tried using an app such as carb manager to calculate the macronutrients (macros) you need then eating to meet those. That's what I did when I was first learning and found it very useful

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
My weight is pretty much stable ain't had any weight loss my diet is not ketogenic. Its really annoying because never can feel hungry whatsoever

Not even when your blood sugar is low? Nothing like a hypo to make me feel starving....

Madisons

If that is all you had today, I'm not surprised you are hungry. That is low in protein, low in healthy fats and low in quantity. Have you tried using an app such as carb manager to calculate the macronutrients (macros) you need then eating to meet those. That's what I did when I was first learning and found it very useful
Hi, thank you for your response. That was my first meal of the day. I limit carbs, but my veggie portions look huge on my plate, and that whole can of tuna can't be good to have in just one seating. I also had fatty seed butter on that low carb toast with a handful of pumpkin seeds too with a whole avocado, so shouldn't I be full? I tried having fat by adding coconut oil but still starving and wanting more than a tablespoon. I'm thinking this fat will just accumulate in my belly area, which I do have. Slim everywhere else, but all in the stomach area. I am doomed for diabetes hitting me eventually.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's wierd to me it don't sound fully diabetes related aswell I have other wierd things such as not needing basal insulin and my body doesn't digest or make my levels rise certain types of carb such sugar or actual drinks?. I really think this is not just a diabetic problem maybe more than that. Because these things I haven't heard any diabetic experience especially not needing basal insulin and the problem with digestive certain carbs as in not raising blood sugar. Not referring to gastroparesis lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sally1234