Libre best placements

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
All you naughty libre users who use alternative sites ,which do you find most accurate please

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

For me without fail on either accuracy, "compression low" avoidance & possible calamity with a door jam or guitarist's headstock. Is the placement on the inner arm..

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use my chest with the full agreement of hospital diabetes team. They've got patients who use thighs and lower backs successfully and are supportive of any alternative site which works for the patient. So I'm not a naughty Libre user!!

Reactions: borderter

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I don’t class myself as “ naughty” lol I prefer experimental and mine goes on my belly or chest or under bicep no more knocking on door jams etc plus seems to correspond to finger prick so all good .

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I don’t class myself as “ naughty” lol I prefer experimental and mine goes on my belly or chest or under bicep no more knocking on door jams etc plus seems to correspond to finger prick so all good .
It seems odd how wherever we place it some folk get accurate readings where others are a bit out always ,just hoping there is at least one place most popular and can try to see if it helps

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
It seems odd how wherever we place it some folk get accurate readings where others are a bit out always ,just hoping there is at least one place most popular and can try to see if it helps

The way I look at a libre is it’s never the same as a finger prick as it’s 10 mins behind but as far as I am concerned being type one it it’s reading 5 and a finger prick is 7 is that really going to affect me long term , I suppose it depends on how small a range you want to control your sugars at .I never try to control mine with a range of 2 it’s too difficult . My Hb1ac is normally in the low 50s so I’m extremely happy as it use to be in the 90s before the Libre , my blood sugar range is between 5 and 9 I don’t achieve it all the time but I don’t worry about it , I respect it but I’m not a slave to it ,
As far as a place to put it as being more accurate probably no positive answer ,, as we are all different ,

Lisa69free

I use upper arm on the outside and I think I'll try inner arm next time. Always catching it on doorways and bra straps lol

Lisa69free

Hi,

For me without fail on either accuracy, "compression low" avoidance & possible calamity with a door jam or guitarist's headstock. Is the placement on the inner arm..
Does it still read when your arms are close to your body though? Signal able to get through?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol I like Ironman
You should be fine. You may need to be mindful if giving a hug. Or if like me on the left arm, hooking over the seat when reversing a vehicle.? But that is reasonably soft contact.

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I agree, inner arm is the one!

EMM30

Interesting never only worn mine on arm top of arm front facing . Using Libre 1
with MiaMio need to upgrade to v2 if can get it .?”all the programming again puts me off but MiaMio always runs out of charge before sensor ends any advise welcome

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting never only worn mine on arm top of arm front facing . Using Libre 1
with MiaMio need to upgrade to v2 if can get it .?”all the programming again puts me off but MiaMio always runs out of charge before sensor ends any advise welcome

Hi,

The Miaomiao 2 i had was pretty much losing charge after 3 days? I had updated the firmware on it & reset which helped.
Then it started going back to a charge every 3 days..
You shouldn't need another Bluetooth bridge once you use the L2.
Having said that. If you wish to continue with the libre 1? The Bubblan bubble mini is a great replacment for the miaomiao.
& to my mind a smaller footprint & more comfortable to use with a guardian armband..

Hope this helps.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are other sites which have been stated on youtube, but not recommended by FDA. I still find back side of arm is the best and readings are reliable. I tried once on my chest but readings were abrupt and there is lot of discomfort.

Hi, staying reasonably hydrated helps with with reliability.
I've seen the site TTs vids on YouTube myself. My choise of site is more practicality with what I generally do, than anything else. :)

Reactions: alanboo