What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was outside doing paperwork. Then I noticed the sky getting blacker and blacker. So took a quick photo of my one and only sunflower on the iPad. Throw everything through the door on to my bed and leapt in. The heavens opened.

My garden was filling with water. The cat was asleep in the potting shed (which is on paving slabs on raised ground). Next thing I see is a wakened up distressed cat discovering my garden is under more water than its legs are long...I rush out, water over my ankles, grab cat, rush back in. My clothes are now in the spin drier, and I have had my shower and hair wash for today.

Cat Popeye is not very happy, he didn't know what happened there.

I have played with my lonesome sunflower in Snapseed, so this is my creativity for today. It is the brightest thing in the garden...

And I need a hot drink...

ED391270-19D7-42B9-BE4D-470077443591.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Where would science be without fruit flies?
Not in Australia where they have extremely tight controls on the movement of fruit a d veg. Some entire states are fruit fly free.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I approve of the fruit fly sticky pads @SlimLizzy
You need at least an area free of the the little blighters....
Never a free area, but does vastly reduce the population i have one above my compost bin, so when the lid is lifted many get caught.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was outside doing paperwork. Then I noticed the sky getting blacker and blacker. So took a quick photo of my one and only sunflower on the iPad. Throw everything through the door on to my bed and leapt in. The heavens opened.

My garden was filling with water. The cat was asleep in the potting shed (which is on paving slabs on raised ground). Next thing I see is a wakened up distressed cat discovering my garden is under more water than its legs are long...I rush out, water over my ankles, grab cat, rush back in. My clothes are now in the spin drier, and I have had my shower and hair wash for today.

I have played with my lonesome sunflower in Snapseed, so this is my creativity for today. It is the brightest thing in the garden...

View attachment 51086
Poor Popeye.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Not in Australia where they have extremely tight controls on the movement of fruit a d veg. Some entire states are fruit fly free.
They are not noted for environmental credentials in Australia but there is a need to keep out non native species to preserve ecosystems.
But that would be shutting the stable door when an whole ecosystem has bolted in Australia's case.
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 yesterday and 4.4 today

A very soggy day ;)

thank you for your well wishes for mr gee, his wrist and hand are a colourful sight but at least he is more comfortable now with a proper wrist support.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 51086
Beautiful sunflower. Poor Popeye - should have warned him that your rain dance may be bearing fruit at any time.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a very early rise here in the very dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan sans the béchamel sauce rocked home at 5.4 this am.

Hot yesterday and the girl in the bubble wanted to splash in the sea but with her welly boots on - strange kid. Camping trip this weekend - somewhere in Derbyshire - should be fun - car to load up and then off we go. House move is crawling along at the pace of the solicitors -what they do is a mystery, apart, of coarse from the lists of crazy questions they ask, “Please confirm the drive is in its original construction.” - the house was built in the 1930’s so how would I know that?

Another tree for you today - hope your Friday is a good one. I shall make another koffy.

upload_2021-9-10_6-2-13.jpeg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a very early rise here in the very dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan sans the béchamel sauce rocked home at 5.4 this am.

Hot yesterday and the girl in the bubble wanted to splash in the sea but with her welly boots on - strange kid. Camping trip this weekend - somewhere in Derbyshire - should be fun - car to load up and then off we go. House move is crawling along at the pace of the solicitors -what they do is a mystery, apart, of coarse from the lists of crazy questions they ask, “Please confirm the drive is in its original construction.” - the house was built in the 1930’s so how would I know that?

Another tree for you today - hope your Friday is a good one. I shall make another koffy.

View attachment 51094

View attachment 51094
The funny is for the solicitors questions I had one which asked if I was leaving the front door's furniture ?? I had to inquire what that was and it turns out it meant door knocker and bell ! lol o_O

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Hopefully yesterday was the last day of the A47 closure. An interesting journey home last night along single track roads. I was so pleased that Mr K was the driver.

Just finishing coffee - then off for the first dog walk of the day

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, Still dark here @ 5.50 and dark by 8.00 pm :bigtears::bigtears: Me no Swipey for the moment but today in 2015 I was 5.1, had a cold so didn't have my nightly wine the night before - 75 mls at bedtime (and 25 gms cheese) back then. Same day 2016 I was 5.9 so spreadsheet went red for danger, did 30 mins on exercise bike before the cooked brekkie I was still eating back then. Usually involved eggs from our chickens. Tea/IF until at least 11.am these days, aim for last meal no later than 6.00 pm, also don't feel I need anywhere near as many cals in this house and grounds. Have a wonderful time in Derbyshire @dunelm. Glad to hear Mr Gee has support from orthtics? and your superb self @geefull. Glad Mr K was on hand to navigate the country? roads @Krystyna23040 and I hope the A47 works are soon completed for your travels. Thanks for the weekly meme @karen8967. Congratulations Emma Raducanu and 44 yr old Tom Brady. Root V Kholi's team part 5 today. Laters, dudes and dudettes.
* fbg average, on Stabbingtons, up to 14/12/2018 was 5.464324324 - very approximately:angelic:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
5.7 on the meter of misinformation and scheming and deception.
There that's horrible bit delt with.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will sleeping in strange surroundings under canvas or not. May the deity of your choice bless you with kind weather.
Here in Tilehurst Towers nothing is planned......yet so me and me's will drink koffy and perform noises on the plinky plonky machine ( keyboard ), slurp, ahh.
Have a great day all and stay safe

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, Still dark here @ 5.50 and dark by 8.00 pm :bigtears::bigtears: Me no Swipey for the moment but today in 2015 I was 5.1, had a cold so didn't have my nightly wine the night before - 75 mls at bedtime (and 25 gms cheese) back then. Same day 2016 I was 5.9 so spreadsheet went red for danger, did 30 mins on exercise bike before the cooked brekkie I was still eating back then. Usually involved eggs from our chickens. Tea/IF until at least 11.am these days, aim for last meal no later than 6.00 pm, also don't feel I need anywhere near as many cals in this house and grounds. Have a wonderful time in Derbyshire @dunelm. Glad to hear Mr Gee has support from orthtics? and your superb self @geefull. Glad Mr K was on hand to navigate the country? roads @Krystyna23040 and I hope the A47 works are soon completed for your travels. Thanks for the weekly meme @karen8967. Congratulations Emma Raducanu and 44 yr old Tom Brady. Root V Kholi's team part 5 today**. Laters, dudes and dudettes.
* fbg average, on Stabbingtons, up to 14/12/2018 was 5.464324324 - very approximately:angelic:
**Oops - cancelled.

Reactions: gennepher