What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At least I tried. Can't save some folk from themselves.:angelic: On a serious note I find steak raises my post prandial bg, salmon drops it. Same for next day's fbg - fish < red meat. Salmon has a better P:E ratio - wild salmon also has more protein than ribeye on cronometer, Decent salmon widely available. Decent steak? hen's teeth category.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Due to several unexpected events didn’t check until 1:30 pm. 7.1. That after fasting since 6:30 the previous evening, and having no more than 20g carbs.. Drank lots of water, too. It is a mystery as to what is going on. Hoping good sleep tonight now it is cooler will level things out.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Swerve the steak - some wine is vegan:angelic: @Ryhia is an air walker a cross trainer? Talking of which, hope all is well @ziggy_w.
My gravity air walker is certainly no cross trainer - not so glamorous or streamlined, no fancy movements either, its just a walking device which does not impact on the joints much. Good for a plodder like me. My air walker is something like the image below but mine has a top bar. Got relegated as it was in the guest bedroom and we were expecting guests. May need to reinstate it for the winter.

upload_2021-9-9_21-21-21.jpeg

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. At least it’s a five, but I skipped dinner last night so it darn well should be.
Decent steak is easy to come by here @ianpspurs - local butcher has his own cattle, meat is superb, best I’ve ever had. ( that’s why I could get the bone-in brisket with no problem) It’s one of the reasons we chose this village when moving. He’s thinking of retiring now so wants to sell up. I’m a bit ashamed to say I’m devastated by this news.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, Still dark here @ 5.50 and dark by 8.00 pm :bigtears::bigtears: Hug for the prospect of a suboptimal butcher @DJC3. Me no Swipey for the moment but today in 2015 I was 5.1, had a cold so didn't have my nightly wine the night before - 75 mls at bedtime (and 25 gms cheese) back then. . . Same day 2016 I was 5.9 so spreadsheet went red for danger, did 30 mins on exercise bike before the cooked brekkie - mainly eggs as we had chickens Rarely eat them now. Laters, dudes and dudettes.
* fbg average on Stabbingtons, up to 14/12/2018, was 5.464324324 very approximately:angelic:

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning.
Bloods been higher for the last few days, nothing less that 5.6, during the day. Its ever since I started a new batch of test strips - hmm.... not that I am casting aspersions or anything. Probably just a waiting game and bloods will come down in their own time - or then again perhaps not - eeks!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 after a day of fish and green veg and scrambled eggs to start. Clueless but I’m on hols and not letting it bother me.
@ianpspurs hope your MIL and GS are out of hospital and improving?
Enjoy your hols. Fish and green veg are good - staycations aren't for me but chacun à son goût. Baby OP is out of hospital, thanks be to God and the wonderful staff. Very definitely NOT The Mendacious AH. MIL won't be released until she is a good gel and eats and drinks enough for them to wash their hands of her with a clearish conscience.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
3.5 this morning libre not too happy about it so woke me up with an annoying beeping sound. Well have to admit Judith woke me up asking what's that annoying beeping sound.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
After eating 3.5 went up to 4,7 thoght that's better now back down to 3.7 not sure how this day is goimg to pan out.but can only improve I hope. At least it's not raining at the moment.