Keto supper suggestions

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I follow our diet religiously but I’m not a great lover of the food we have to eat. The thought of more meat for a meal makes me heave. At work in my 15 mins break I have a Hartley sugar free jelly and some raspberries; mayb try this - but to b honest I’m getting sick of raspberries now. It’s very difficult - I’d love a crumpet and a cup of sweet tea before bed but I kno it won’t do me any favours. X.

SMS1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Struggling with hunger all the time! Pre-diabetic and missing all the carbs I used to eat, from quinoa, oats, gluten-free breads and pasta and loads of fruit! I can't eat too many eggs or red meat, just fish and chicken, just 1 slice of daily low-carb bread. Been eating mushrooms, veggies, nuts and greek yogurt with coconut oil, and some berries. I am hangry and miserable with T1 just lurking around the corner I'm sure (mom is T1 from early on with heart attack from age 50) so got the gene...I am terrified. Don't even know what to eat anymore, basically scared to. Got hypothyroidsm as well, so can't go crazy on the healthy greens like kale, collards, broccoli, spinach, etc... I feel defeated, like there is nothing I can eat without affecting another organ. What a mess.
So quinoa is a carb?I read that it's not on one site, yes on the other

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I follow our diet religiously but I’m not a great lover of the food we have to eat. The thought of more meat for a meal makes me heave. At work in my 15 mins break I have a Hartley sugar free jelly and some raspberries; mayb try this - but to b honest I’m getting sick of raspberries now. It’s very difficult - I’d love a crumpet and a cup of sweet tea before bed but I kno it won’t do me any favours. X.
Try the ‘scone’ recipe I posted or the ‘muffins’ are really quick and easy. Closest thing I eat to scone or cake.

Reactions: SuNuman

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AileE I’m like you I like a little supper time snack. I sometimes have some olives with feta cheese. Recently I have been eating walnuts. The ‘no added sugar’ ready made jelly pots ( Hartley I think) are handy too.

Reactions: Hertfordshiremum

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Apart from full fat Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries, or a keto/low carb cake (there are even mug cake recipes, nice warm with double cream) you can make a 90 second almond bread which is lovely split and toasted with butter - don't buy expensive almond flour as ground almonds are fine in most recipes. I prefer my almond bread with a little cream cheese to cut the eggy taste or with a small amount of milled flaxseed to make it more like a wholemeal bread.

Reactions: mo53

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from full fat Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries, or a keto/low carb cake (there are even mug cake recipes, nice warm with double cream) you can make a 90 second almond bread which is lovely split and toasted with butter - don't buy expensive almond flour as ground almonds are fine in most recipes. I prefer my almond bread with a little cream cheese to cut the eggy taste or with a small amount of milled flaxseed to make it more like a wholemeal bread.

Have a look at bread-like chaffle recipes - I’ve had a play around with ingredients and now have a go to that I use for toasties. So good!

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
During the warmer months of the year, a salad made with low carb vegetables and a small amount of protein, and during the colder months of the year, a soup made with similar ingredients.

Reactions: mo53