What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

RosB

Hi, so he registers 11.1? Is he on any medication?

Is that immediately on waking? And yes that’s good, but out of context with no info on Meds and history I find it tough to say. Need a bit more info if possible.
only once has he been that high (11.1) he's usually under 8.5. no meds as he's only just found out, despite the dr knowing for 2 yrs! we've slowly been adopting a keto diet
edit,. I made a thread about it https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/hubby-new-to-diabetes-type-2.183995/

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 today seem to have lost those early morning lows I'm happy with that.espesially as I was at 9.2 at midnight. after an evening meal of chicken with shitake mushrooms.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@JohnEGreen :woot:. @PenguinMum baby OP says thanks, speech ok but reading and writing need work - seems to have wasted these 6 weeks a bit. Skinny teeth eh, @DJC3 no doubt Dan from DGF will be flogging them soon enough. What are blondies anyhow? @Estragon - butchers? Boutique farm shops hereabouts all part of mahoosive estates. Swipey still in the box. 5 on 9/11 in 2015, 5.8 in 2016. 2017 went awol and no entries for 2018 until 4/10. June 2018 A1c had been 5.5. It'll never work I tell ya.

Last edited:

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
5.7 which was fab.
A light snack I have found that doesn’t raise my blood is raw peppers with coleslaw. A healthy replacement for my crisps (love love them) with coleslaw. X