What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 9/11 which is bound to be poignant for many especially the service families hereabouts. Both sets of our neighbours must have been very young then. What with 2008, Trump, Orban, Bolsanaro, Johnson et al, COVID response it is very hard not to see those who planned 9/11 rightly feeling very smug about how things have panned out. That's without Taliban 1 - The West 0. Swipey remains neatly packaged for now and Abbott are sending me a new Libre 2 sensor kit (who knows?) as haste as post can be these days. (What's with that voice text early doors?) Today in 2015 I was 5.00 on Stabbo, cut lawns and raked for 2 hrs. Those were the days. Enjoy a rest today @gennepher. Hope Mr Pickle goes well in the GNR @dunelm. Can't say the weather is great, or food is good ("Catering by Elsie", nuff said) and I'm not nasty enough to wish you were here but I'm deeply caring. Here's a song from the past I wistfully imagine some of the bereaved may have felt in better times.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. We were too long walking the dogs this morning so no time to relax with a coffee before dashing off to work.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from an overcast morning here in Derbyshire
The wonder wheel of Thai green curry on them there zero noodles came in at 4.8 this am

Pleasant drive down her to Buxton yesterday taking A, quite a few B roads and some that were only just hanging on the being classified as roads. Tent up before the rain began - bonus ball. We have a marquee in the field so congregated there last night with bring your own food and drink. No rain last night so not much chance of it turning into Glastonbury mud but will keep my welly boots on standby.
Quick sketch of a tree - hope you all have a good day, Mr Pickle is doing the great north run but I shall drink koffy.

View attachment 51106
Your tree is wonderful @dunelm
Hopefully you will have just blue skies...
Enjoy your holiday...

lindisfel

Expert
Well @lindisfel I could hire myself as a rain dance maker, with my mask and genuine Australian didgeridoo...
I can make a little white cloud appear in a clear blue sky, but I cannot guarantee the absolute success that rain will fall from it. Maybe more practice...? But I need to figure out how to regulate the quantity of falling rain...that is very hit and miss...

Trouble is gennepher, once it starts it never knows when to stop!
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My art for today. I have been making loads of kaleidoscopes in Kaleidomatic.
I took a photo of my sink drain strainer, and Kaleidomatic worked its magic...

So I made a collage of 4 of them...

01640013-67C5-4B86-AEA7-135ED508CDC5.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Saturday 18:30 and finally found time to nip onto here and report in with my blood sugars this morening 7.5.

More importantly to me I have yet to get my plinky plonky practice done today and now I must depart to other areas of the ether and evening meal.

Me and me's hope you all stayed safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a mist clearing morning here in Derbyshire
The wonder wheel of hog roast and not much else came in at 4.8 this am

My aunt’s birthday bash went without a hitch - then ninky nonks were for some reason were having chicken - such a big one as well, and with four legs. Home today. Hope everyone has a splendid Sunday. I am already on second koffy.

upload_2021-9-12_7-58-56.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the fifteenth Sunday after Trinity. Have you ordered your Turkey, Goose, Vegan alternative yet? The early bird catches the HGV driver. Congratulations to Emma Raducanu. How long before the social meedja haters attack or The Needy One (Bless him, deserves pity more than oppobrium) claims it was Brexit/His plan/coaching wot dun it? My fbg is a known unknown - other Penguin Classic wisdom is available On't web. Thanks be to God my virus seems to be clearing. Managed a huge leap in steps yesterday with commensurate rise in sleep score and resting pulse nicely sub 60. Baby OP looks far better,:woot::woot: Nanny London is eating but not drinking too much. Waiting for a care package/hen's teeth and the isolating plumber to turn her bathroom into a suitable environment. Orf Pike fishing on the Norfolk Broads with my 3 sons - my birthday treat as I mentioned how I used to love Pike fishing in the October and Feb half terms as a lad. A good 50 years since I did that. Y'all have a good day. NFL is back:woot:

Reactions: mojo37

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, lateral flow test done, morning tea now being consumed, then it's plinky plonky time.

A 5.1 this morning on that scheming, evil and totally confusing meter.

At approximately 11:00 am 2 of the 3 grandchildren will be arriving and the 3rd later after his foot the ball and school homework. Mrs J will be in her element 3 children and one adult size child to supervise. Me and me's will have to confer as to what trouble we can get into, but scrumping apples must be high on the agenda.
Any have a great day all, tea has been consumed, now for the all important koffy.
Have a great day and stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Overslept, which is really unusual for us. So will catch up with posts when we get back from our walk around Felbrigg hall. Haven't been there for ages - so.am.looking forward to it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Overslept, which is really unusual for us. So will catch up with posts when we get back from our walk around Felbrigg hall. Haven't been there for ages - so.am.looking forward to it.
Great fbg. Enjoy Felbrigg Hall - it looks gorgeous and the weather looks perfect for a pre-sausage roll stroll:angelic:. Now, I wonder if a trip there could be combined with Walsingham (30 mins) and the Deli with royal connections - Cley - (20 mins). If she is strong enough and all are wheelchair friendly, Nanny London would enjoy that - I hope. Even the venerable old RR wouldn't accommodate 3 'umings, 2 labs and a wheelchair/disability scooter. Would also be a long day for a frail 91 and 10/12 yo - planning needed. I am comfortable in N Norfolk. The Breks are just plain odd.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-12 09.00.44.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 09.00.44.png
    180.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited: