pneumonia vaccine

Keano100

Not so much in regard to diabetes but just generally any adverse reactions to this. Having it early in the morning and not sure if I should make any plans for the day or just stay home in case feel bit dodgy ?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not so much in regard to diabetes but just generally any adverse reactions to this. Having it early in the morning and not sure if I should make any plans for the day or just stay home in case feel bit dodgy ?
Nothing at all for me. The nurse did say that they had more reports of a sore arm when they used to do the pneumonia and flu jabs on the same day.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had the pmeumo jab a few years ago.
I had no major reactions but my mil was not great after it.
Unfortunately, she had the flu jab at the same time and refused to have the annual flu jab for years afterwards.

As with everything else, we are all different. You may get no reaction, you may feel a little sleepy with a sore arm, you maybe fluey for 24 hours.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A sore arm (worse than the flu jab, but about the same as the Pfizer Covid jab) and a general feeling of being slightly under the weather for a couple of days.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a dreadful reaction to it - I actually thought I had Covid again and did a Lateral Flow Test. High temperature, lack of sleep, sweating/shivering... felt dreadful. Lasted about 48 hours and I was back to normal. I understand that I am the exception to the majority of people

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a very sore arm for a couple of days but did have on same day as the flu vaccine and after a couple of days rest up felt fine.hope it goes well for you.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No reaction but it was more than 5yrs ago in fact I think it was over 14yrs ago. Maybe due another one?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my pneumovax done several years ago, no after effects at all, I went back to work after having it done.

Reactions: ickihun

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is going to happen to anyone it usually happens to me if it is anything to do with illness or treatment - but I had no reaction to the pneumonia jab and I had it along with the flu jab some years ago now.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine years ago at the same time as a flu jab but in different arm. Absolutely no reaction whatsoever. I do seem to remember they asked me if I am allergic to eggs, which they have never done with the flu jab so I assume it was because of the pneumonia one. Maybe the vaccine contains eggs in some way.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine years ago at the same time as a flu jab but in different arm. Absolutely no reaction whatsoever. I do seem to remember they asked me if I am allergic to eggs, which they have never done with the flu jab so I assume it was because of the pneumonia one. Maybe the vaccine contains eggs in some way.
Some vaccine cultures are grown in egg and contain traces of egg protein. I believe there are versions without the protein for those with the most severe allergy. The Covid vaccines approved in the UK do not contain egg protein.