Ambulatory Glucose Profile

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From my meeting with my Endo the one thing he was most impressed by was the AGP report that comes with your Libre.
Wiki throws up 2 such profiles to show the difference between a non-diabetic
& controlled T2 diabetic.

ambulatory-glucose-profile-b516b1de-cc82-40ec-9596-c3e0ecbc764-resize-750.jpg

Btw I'm sure It's blue cause someone window selected it before screncapping.
I saw where @Mr_Pot shared theirs on a previous thread

screenshot-2021-09-11-102342-png.51108

I would call it a work of art in stability, all beautifully in range, perfect control.
Here is a person in total control of their BG, would give most the non-diabetic public a run for their money.

Finally, I present my own, the only thing I'll say is I run low, my baseline at non-meal times is 4.0, As you can see on the 95% line there are spikes but all fight to come down.
I normally go IF until the weekend where you see my breakfast spike ghosted in on the 95% line.

Capture 1.PNG

I think it would be a great resource if others with the same data could share theirs in this thread with help & encouragement from others.
This is a great piece of data that modern Endos really engage with.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
From my meeting with my Endo the one thing he was most impressed by was the AGP report that comes with your Libre.

WONDERFUL!!

I would call it a work of art in stability, all beautifully in range, perfect control.
Here is a person in total control of their BG, would give most the non-diabetic public a run for their money.

Finally, I present my own, the only thing I'll say is I run low, my baseline at non-meal times is 4.0, As you can see on the 95% line there are spikes but all fight to come down.
I normally go IF until the weekend where you see my breakfast spike ghosted in on the 95% line.

View attachment 51131

I think it would be a great resource if others with the same data could share theirs in this thread with help & encouragement from others.

sgm14

Type 2 but on insulin, so there is no way I would dare try to run a baseline as low as 4.0.

And yes, it is quite obvious I need to work on my breakfast spike.

upload_2021-9-13_7-17-11.png

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That nighttime profile is fantastic for someone on insulin.
What do you base that on?
As "someone on insulin", I find the night time the easiest to keep stable as I have no external influence such as exercise or food or stress and it is typically what basal tests are based on for someone on MDI.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you base that on?

When I study glucose profiles shared online I am often struck the the huge variability of some insulin dependent diabetics.
I read stories of users being woken by alarms during the night, I thought the profile shared by @sgm14 above was exemplary.
I apologise if the "someone on insulin" was insulting or belittling in any way, that was never my intention.

Reactions: In Response

Lakeslover

I find it really interesting to see other profiles. I’m a work in progress, the higher readings on mine were when I was away in an hotel last week. My predicted GMI from libreview is 6%.

Attachments

• 5BCE22AA-222B-4463-B29E-83799E8A3FCD.jpeg
    5BCE22AA-222B-4463-B29E-83799E8A3FCD.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 222

sgm14

Just as a comparison. This is my AGP for the first three months that I was on the FreeStyle libre (Sep-Dec 2019)

upload_2021-9-13_8-31-44.png

One thing this graph shows (which surprised me at the time) was that there was a very small spike around 7pm which was around one hour after my evening meal, and then drops again, but then at 9pm my levels started rising again. So prior to the libre I was testing 2 hours after my meal and thinking my figures were better than they really were.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure some people might find other people's libre grafts interesting but I just wonder what the point is?, many will look at someone elses so called perfect graph and think they are doing something wrong when theirs is not so smooth. People seem to get patted on the back for being able to keep it at 4.4 all day long and I can't help thinking of it as some sort of league table. Just an opinion of course.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I study glucose profiles shared online I am often struck the the huge variability of some insulin dependent diabetics.

Hi there, I'm betting not many type 1s or insulin users are. There really is massive variability because trying to do the job of a working pancreas every second of every day is impossible. When you think that a working pancreas drips out insulin by the second exactly when it is required and cuts it off exactly when it is required. It responds to a body when it's exercising, walking, coming down the stairs, sleeping, working, shopping, sitting on the sofa, eating, not eating and on and on and on. Injected insulin is not great at doing all of that, what you inject is what your body is stuck with, too much and you're in trouble, too little and you're in trouble, and that's just the bolus. Add in the basal which can randomly drop some out and...you're in trouble. Even when you inject it travels a different path through the body each time so sometimes works very fast and sometimes it decides to take the scenic route and takes forever to kick in, so kicks in too late and well, you're in trouble! I think the issue can be that when people look at 'diabetes' they sometimes think it's just a question of working out a ratio, inject A and you'll get B. Oh I wish.

Reactions: JMK1954

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 51131

I posted my graph, not to illustrate control but in response to @DevGuy asking a question about dawn phenomenon. As you can see my trace begins to rise about 7am when I start to wake and I don't have my breakfast until 9am.
I see you usually have no rise until about 12am, so do you have no dawn phenomenon and no breakfast?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree with @KK123
I share my results with my DSN who understands me, my lifestyle, my condition.
Comparing results without any of this background (which I will also not be sharing) is of limited value and potentially damaging to people who are struggling by adding extra anxiety.

Reactions: JMK1954

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, I'm betting not many type 1s or insulin users are. There really is massive variability because trying to do the job of a working pancreas every second of every day is impossible. When you think that a working pancreas drips out insulin by the second exactly when it is required and cuts it off exactly when it is required. It responds to a body when it's exercising, walking, coming down the stairs, sleeping, working, shopping, sitting on the sofa, eating, not eating and on and on and on. Injected insulin is not great at doing all of that, what you inject is what your body is stuck with, too much and you're in trouble, too little and you're in trouble, and that's just the bolus. Add in the basal which can randomly drop some out and...you're in trouble. Even when you inject it travels a different path through the body each time so sometimes works very fast and sometimes it decides to take the scenic route and takes forever to kick in, so kicks in too late and well, you're in trouble! I think the issue can be that when people look at 'diabetes' they sometimes think it's just a question of working out a ratio, inject A and you'll get B. Oh I wish.
I am a diet controlled type 2. Having read your post I feel rather embarrassed that just having to reduce carbohydrates could ever be considered a problem. You clearly illustrate the folly of comparing the results of individuals with completely different circumstances.

Reactions: DJC3

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a diet controlled type 2. Having read your post I feel rather embarrassed that just having to reduce carbohydrates could ever be considered a problem. You clearly illustrate the folly of comparing the results of individuals with completely different circumstances.

Hi Mr Pot, please don't be embarrassed! I only added my post just to help balance things up between so many different scenarios. Reducing carbs as far as I am concerned is also a massive challenge, in fact if I was a type 2 I would be trying to do that myself as often the only way of managing diabetes and to be honest, I'm sort of glad I'm not, I definitely recognise how hard and tricky that is given that I am on a low carb diet but don't have to go even lower. We all have challenges in our management and in no way would I raise the challenges of one by diminishing another, they're just different between types and between individuals sharing those types. x

Reactions: EllieM

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see you usually have no rise until about 12am, so do you have no dawn phenomenon and no breakfast?

Pretty much a flat line until I eat.
There's a daily graph with food included, I didn't eat until 12pm.
Daily.PNG

sgm14

I'm sure some people might find other people's libre grafts interesting but I just wonder what the point is?, many will look at someone elses so called perfect graph and think they are doing something wrong when theirs is not so smooth. People seem to get patted on the back for being able to keep it at 4.4 all day long and I can't help thinking of it as some sort of league table. Just an opinion of course.

I can understand your point of view, but as something who did share, I would say I would prefer if more people would do so and feel free to do so without thinking of it as a competition. Compared to @Ronancastled my figures are pretty dire, but that does not bother me as I am not competing with him, but against my diabetes.

Speaking personally, one of the things I found most frustrating when I was first diagnosed was trying to understand how I was doing. When I went for my first three review, I seriously had no idea if the response I would get was going to be 'Ok, you are responding well to treatment' or 'Hmm, that treatment obviously isn't working, we will need to try something else' or even, 'You really should have come back to us earlier and told us things were this bad!'.

Even a few years in, I knew that I was supposed to try to stay below 10 and I knew that I wasn't, but I had really no idea of whether this was tolerable or basically killing me slowly. Any attempt to get an answer to this question was basically ignored in case it would appear to be judgemental. The doctors and diabetic nurses were all very nice, so much so that I was always wondering if they were simply sugar-coating things to avoid discouraging me, especially because they all carefully but deliberately avoided what I would consider hard facts. My view was that there must be a point where the time spent high begins to worry them, but was that point 5%, 10%, 20%, 50% or just 100%, but nobody to give me an answer, or even a clue.

It was four years in when I got my Freestyle libre, when I got my first rough answer. The LibreView AGP report has a target levels of less than 25% time spent above 10 mmol/l and less than 5% time above 13.9. Then my first reaction was, "OK, so I guess my 10% time above 10 mmol/l isn't going to kill me just yet" and my second reaction was " I wish I had known that a few years ago".

I am aware that my diabetes is not the same as everyone else and comparisons are almost useless, but at least for me, almost useless is not the same as totally useless.

Just my opinion.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
AGP September 2021.png

Just checking - are these graphs a result of a Print Screen followed by cropping?
Looking at LibreView now but can't see an option to save/print an individual graph.

Edit: screen print and crop above.

Edit #2:

The graph looks typical for me.
A steady rise from about midnight until noon.
Drop in the early afternoon and then a bump again for my main meal of the day .
I have bullet resistant coffee in the morning and a meal usually mid afternoon, and possible a snack in the evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronancastled

Sax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No longer being prescribed metformin.
upload_2021-9-13_13-15-44.jpeg

Most recent 2 weeks data. I eat 3 meals a day but my lunch is always a lowish carb meal and so is hard to see compared to the obvious breakfast and dinner spikes.

And I agree its helpful to be able to see other graphs and understand how real world tracks for others can look like, such as how others blood sugar behaves overnight. I'm also curious as to how much other peoples blood sugar varies in range before they seen a response - mine seems to float happily up to somewhere above 6.5 mmol with no response but drops suddenly if it goes higher. Hence not much time above that threshold in the graph.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronancastled

Sax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No longer being prescribed metformin.
Just checking - are these graphs a result of a Print Screen followed by cropping?
Looking at LibreView now but can't see an option to save/print an individual graph.

I did indeed do a screenshot and then cropped in good old MS Paint.