What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
It is a topsy turvy world @SlimLizzy
My reaction to the first bit was B***** H***
But you turned the tables.
The NHS here has gone to pot...
Hugs for all this stress.
Take care...
Was trying to convey the emotions of the day...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Cat woke me in the night. Thunderstorm. Heavy rain. So, then I couldn't sleep after I had settled him. And did my painting on the iPad which kindly ran out of battery before I could post, And then I fell asleep at dawn, and woke up just now. I did have plans, but they will be for another day now...

This was a pastel painting I started in the app iPastel, but was taking me far too long, so I put it in Snapseed and played with it a little, and this is what I got.

Had coffee and tea, but head says have another sleep, which I shall promptly do...

View attachment 51137
What a trojan you are. Whatever life throws at you you bounce back with creativity and a two fingered salute to "events" Have a rest, hug and my admiration fwiw.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You did that very well @SlimLizzy
I hope you are taking a wee bit of ‘me’ chill out/wind down time today, despite the piling up jobs.
You are joking? We did have a day off yesterday, went to a Vide Grenier.( car boot equivalent) visited a couple of friends and bought a hot tub.
However the piling up of jobs is causing me to go into stress panic mode. Only way out is to rewrite the list and prioritise. Hope to achieve a variety of household, gardening and kitchen tasks. I have managed to almost catch up with the laundry. Should get that finished today as well.
Harvest beans, already got in the peas.
Check potatoes - see if good to eat after blight on leaves
molehill removal, already picked up apples.
Make coleslaw
Make granola
Mowing,
repot peach tree, recent purchase < 1metre tall
Freeze beans.
BUT
MrSlim made me a coffee, and sitting in the shade surrounded by butterflies is so very pleasant...
We shall see how far I get.

Does anyone know, or have idea why Errant has started licking and eating soil? Mostly from the molehills. We have clay soil.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a trojan you are. Whatever life throws at you you bounce back with creativity and a two fingered salute to "events" Have a rest, hug and my admiration fwiw.

Thank you very much @ianpspurs
:)
I am doing a few jobs, but going back to bed in between.
Creativity gets me over stuff, and gives me energy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are joking? We did have a day off yesterday, went to a Vide Grenier.( car boot equivalent) visited a couple of friends and bought a hot tub.
However the piling up of jobs is causing me to go into stress panic mode. Only way out is to rewrite the list and prioritise. Hope to achieve a variety of household, gardening and kitchen tasks. I have managed to almost catch up with the laundry. Should get that finished today as well.
Harvest beans, already got in the peas.
Check potatoes - see if good to eat after blight on leaves
molehill removal, already picked up apples.
Make coleslaw
Make granola
Mowing,
repot peach tree, recent purchase < 1metre tall
Freeze beans.
BUT
MrSlim made me a coffee, and sitting in the shade surrounded by butterflies is so very pleasant...
We shall see how far I get.

Does anyone know, or have idea why Errant has started licking and eating soil? Mostly from the molehills. We have clay soil.
Yes rewrite the lists...
It's the only way to reduce stress/panic mode. I do that.
And I find that I never need to look at the later to do lists, because while the important main list/s is being done, somehow the other 'lesser' lists get done without me thinking or stressing over them...usually!!!

Surrounded by butterflies and coffee made for you...heaven...

Clay soil? Maybe there are nutrients Errant feels he needs. But as moles are virtually blind, they do give off scents and stuff to attract the opposite sex I assume. And it could be Errant is smelling/tasting that? With a view to catching supper?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes rewrite the lists...
It's the only way to reduce stress/panic mode. I do that.
And I find that I never need to look at the later to do lists, because while the important main list/s is being done, somehow the other 'lesser' lists get done without me thinking or stressing over them...usually!!!

Surrounded by butterflies and coffee made for you...heaven...

Clay soil? Maybe there are nutrients Errant feels he needs. But as moles are virtually blind, they do give off scents and stuff to attract the opposite sex I assume. And it could be Errant is smelling/tasting that? With a view to catching supper?
I don't think he hunts... once I lifted a piece of wood right in front of him, there were three mice underneath and he didnt even see them.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

Have you noticed over sleeping happens when time is tight and you have to be somewhere else bright and early?

A 5.2 this morning.

Have a great afternoon all and hopefully more time tomorrow.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Gas fitter came to install our brand new oven this morning once it was installed we found that the top oven and the grill do not function properly they light but will not stay on.
The old oven I replaced because the top oven and grill did not work so now I kave two ovens the old and the new both with the same fault what a day.

The company after a lot of palaver and several phone calls with what now seems the customary long wait to talk to an advisor have said they will get an engineer out to fix it but are not sure of how long that may take what a day.

I may be using the microwave to cook for while unfortunately.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

Have you noticed over sleeping happens when time is tight and you have to be somewhere else bright and early?

A 5.2 this morning.

Have a great afternoon all and hopefully more time tomorrow.
I agree @alf_Josiah
Sleep doesn't release you when you have an important appointment. And neither does my body respond to my vibrating alarm clock...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gas fitter came to install our brand new oven this morning once it was installed we found that the top oven and the grill do not function properly they light but will not stay on.
The old oven I replaced because the top oven and grill did not work so now I kave two ovens the old and the new both with the same fault what a day.

The company after a lot of palaver and several phone calls with what now seems the customary long wait to talk to an advisor have said they will get an engineer out to fix it but are not sure of how long that may take what a day.

Difficult day for you John. God bless and protect you

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Don't accept that offer of a repair @JohnEGreen
I made that mistake.
They have to replace that item, I am sure legally because it is not fit for purpose.
What happened with me was, it was a long time ago, a brand new gas cooker, oven and grill and gas rings. The pilot light went out and unlit gas kept coming out.
They came out, said they could repair it, and so I thought that would be the easiest option. They came out again and again and again, and they couldn't sort it.
I had 3 young children and no cooker, not even a microwave then.
Finally I said I want a new cooker. Basically they said it was too late for that because I had accepted the offer of a repair, so effectively I had signed away my rights to a new cooker, so I went to a solicitor (which I could ill afford), one letter from the solicitor and I got my new cooker. But it went on for months.

Hugs for you this going wrong.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Popeye doesn't see a mouse unless it moves. If it stays perfectly still he doesn't see it @SlimLizzy
These scattered in all directions, I couldn't believe he didn't see any of them right under his nose.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These scattered in all directions, I couldn't believe he didn't see any of them right under his nose.
Some cats simply are not hunters @SlimLizzy
It might have to do how long they are with their mother, it's mother that hones their hunting instincts. Or how well their mother taught them. Not every cat I've had has been a hunter.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Raining still...
Where's my Noah's Ark...

Played in Procreate and Snapseed with another iPastel painting I began months ago but gave up on!

Have a good day.

CC23E244-0763-416E-9CD9-5D7626510156.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Cat woke me in the night. Thunderstorm. Heavy rain. So, then I couldn't sleep after I had settled him. And did my painting on the iPad which kindly ran out of battery before I could post, And then I fell asleep at dawn, and woke up just now. I did have plans, but they will be for another day now...

This was a pastel painting I started in the app iPastel, but was taking me far too long, so I put it in Snapseed and played with it a little, and this is what I got.

Had coffee and tea, but head says have another sleep, which I shall promptly do...

View attachment 51137
Fabulously liquid lights, very creative

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs