Type 2 Do diabetic neuropathy symptoms come and go? (fluctuating symptoms)

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds awful Arsenal79. Did it come on gradually over time or all at once? Maybe you are allergic to something in your present diet?
It came on gradually over time I'm at my wits end with this it is awful I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
It came on gradually over time I'm at my wits end with this it is awful I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Your GP has a duty of care to you and doesn't seem to be honouring it.

Reactions: Arsenal79

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your GP has a duty of care to you and doesn't seem to be honouring it.
I've been to a&e but just gets redirected back to the gp. I have a bloods test coming up on the 21st sept im just hoping they can shine some light on it from them. Fingers crossed.

Luise151

Hi that's what I'm going through right now I have neuropathy all over the body. I've been doing low carb since Christmas last year and all of sudden bam I've been hit with a burning and stinging pain in my arms back stomach. it also feels like I a lump feeling in the throat. I've been to the doctors and they said it to was anxiety but I feel it's more to it than that. I've got blood tests a week away I'm so bloody frustrated by this has I'm low carbin to better myself now this. Annoying trying to get the docs to listen but it's like they don't want the hassle. Hope you find answers soon like myself. Take care.
Hello Arsenal79, I understand you perfectly, that there is no diagnosis that explains what you feel and that the doctors minimize your pain only creates frustration. You said it was a gradual thing, how did your symptoms start and how long ago did you notice they started?
PS: Best wishes to you, you still have a pending test that can shed light on the problem.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Arsenal79, I understand you perfectly, that there is no diagnosis that explains what you feel and that the doctors minimize your pain only creates frustration. You said it was a gradual thing, how did your symptoms start and how long ago did you notice they started?
PS: Best wishes to you, you still have a pending test that can shed light on the problem.
Hi it started back in the end of august it started with indigestion then the stinging and burning started. I'm now getting nightly sweats where I'm waking up the bed sheets are soaked feeling thirsty all the time I feel time is running out to sort this out I got bloods next week then I got to wait another week for results I just want this sorted.

Luise151

Hi it started back in the end of august it started with indigestion then the stinging and burning started. I'm now getting nightly sweats where I'm waking up the bed sheets are soaked feeling thirsty all the time I feel time is running out to sort this out I got bloods next week then I got to wait another week for results I just want this sorted.
Hi Arsenal79, it was pretty quick, have you ever noticed mild symptoms before?
Have your symptoms since August been constant or fluctuating? (some days yes and others no)

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Arsenal79, it was pretty quick, have you ever noticed mild symptoms before?
Have your symptoms since August been constant or fluctuating? (some days yes and others no)
Hi thanks for your reply it's been fluctuating since august I've had it on my feet but since low carb it did gradually fade away. Until now my body can't tolerate that much carbs so my diet is mainly high fats.

Luise151

Hi thanks for your reply it's been fluctuating since august I've had it on my feet but since low carb it did gradually fade away. Until now my body can't tolerate that much carbs so my diet is mainly high fats.
Thank you for presenting your case Arsenal, I hope your test goes very well and you can have a light for the doubt that overwhelms you, my best wishes in this long battle that we have to do for life my friend.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A little update on my situation I had my fbc return all has come back has normal and the only thing that was slightly out was my potassium it was 5.4 when it should be 5.3 I'm still getting the symptoms mentioned above apart from the the night sweats have stopped.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A little update on my situation I had my fbc return all has come back has normal and the only thing that was slightly out was my potassium it was 5.4 when it should be 5.3 I'm still getting the symptoms mentioned above apart from the the night sweats have stopped.
I have similar experiences. I have been in normal BG range for 18 months now, but still have some neuropathy although much reduced (trigs are normal btw). I went over BG 48 for about four months in total. Burning feet used to prevent me sleeping, now just a warmish tingle. I get severe night sweats off and on and have had the odd experience of sticky mouth (xerostomia) which started only after I was back at normal levels... fortunately it went in a couple of weeks. Diabetic symptoms with non-diabetic BG levels.

My feeling is that all these things are linked, but the link isn't a simple one and it's a lot more than "high blood sugar gives you problems". It certainly does but lowering blood sugar (in my case anyway) doesn't necessarily mean that all the problems will go away.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have similar experiences. I have been in normal BG range for 18 months now, but still have some neuropathy although much reduced (trigs are normal btw). I went over BG 48 for about four months in total. Burning feet used to prevent me sleeping, now just a warmish tingle. I get severe night sweats off and on and have had the odd experience of sticky mouth (xerostomia) which started only after I was back at normal levels... fortunately it went in a couple of weeks. Diabetic symptoms with non-diabetic BG levels.

My feeling is that all these things are linked, but the link isn't a simple one and it's a lot more than "high blood sugar gives you problems". It certainly does but lowering blood sugar (in my case anyway) doesn't necessarily mean that all the problems will go away.
I know its horrible and scary at the same time. Hope this goes away for you has it will for me. just got to keep on with the good control of glucose levels. I eat low carb and i exercise bike and walk.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I know its horrible and scary at the same time. Hope this goes away for you has it will for me. just got to keep on with the good control of glucose levels. I eat low carb and i exercise bike and walk.
It's not so bad these days compared with how it was. None of this is so difficult - you just have to want to do it.

Luise151

Hello guys, I am glad to know that you are winning this long battle against diabetes and its friends, I understand that the symptoms will not go away just with lowering the blood sugar, it must take some time for the body to heal the damage caused by it, so if the levels stay low everything will get better with the passage of time.
All the best for you.

boggle

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Was wondering if anyone had ever tried inducing autophagy to repair neuropathy. Apparently autophagy can be induced with long fasts (3 day+ fasts). I have found after a 36 hour fast my blood glucose has gone very low, although probably not quite as low as my libre 2 thinks.
IMG_20211011_212450.jpg