22.8 mmol

Weehotty

urgh not got much to say other than sitting at 22 … bit scunnered … had some breaded chicked and a packet of crisps … i just wish i was normal , and could enjoy the wee tasty things in life without it killing me

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
urgh not got much to say other than sitting at 22 … bit scunnered … had some breaded chicked and a packet of crisps … i just wish i was normal , and could enjoy the wee tasty things in life without it killing me
Well, I've found that whenever I try to cheat and have carbs (e.g. kid myself I can have a carb blowout once a week), it doesn't work - it sends BG sky high. The good news is that a week of no carbs will see that BG reading come right down.

Reactions: EllieM

Trevor vP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Look at it this way there are lots of tasty things that are low carb, just not a packet of crisps and breaded chicken wings.
Hazelnuts / Walnuts / Dark Choc / Blackberries / blueberries / raspberries/ full fat Greek yoghurt .. Low carb you can eat tasty.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I used to love fish and chips but realised the batter on the fish would send my bg sky high , On the rare occasion I do have it I always remove the batter , The temptation to eat it is immense but we have to make sacrifices don't we .

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are prepared to prepare your own chicken, coat in crushed pork rinds or pork panko. Delish.

Plenty of crisp like snacks you can make yourself, just Google keto crisps.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you are prepared to prepare your own chicken, coat in crushed pork rinds or pork panko. Delish.

Plenty of crisp like snacks you can make yourself, just Google keto crisps.
That's a good tip: I hadn't heard of pork panko. It looks good!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
There are great substitutes for these - try coating chicken in ground almonds, sprinkle oil over and cook in hot oven. You can also make halloumi chips with a ground almond coating, good with pepper and chili added to the almonds, or make butternut squash wedges. Home made butternut squash crisps- if you have a square grater there is a side to finely slice veg for crisps, try butternut squash or sweet potato. I also make kale crisps, just pull off the leaves, sprinkle with oil and bake at 190C for a few minutes then add salt.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just toss the pack of chicken thighs into the Tefal Actifry and set the timer - no added anything at all. They come out crispy skinned and succulent.
I really don't understand why things are coated, seasoned etc when they should be fine just as they are.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Sorry about your errant BGs. Do you have the means to test for ketones?