What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Belay there me hearties, t'is talk loike a pirate day. Why are pirates called pirates? because they aaaar. Fbg known unknown. How best to manage The D - known unknown. How some folks hereon consume certain victuals, known unknown. There's a theme developing here. Y'all remember the stays, create artwork trees, turn everyday objects into the most amazing art, walk around NT grounds and relax with coffee (and NT sausage rolls fit for heroes) and just be you. I'mma drink tea, thank God for the recovery of Baby OP (lo, he cometh this very day) and slowly, slowly, MIL. Is it wrong to also want Spurs to win or at the very least not be an embarrassment on TV? Avast behind - probably not try that one on Mrs AJ, or Mrs Miggins eh?

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Belay there me hearties, t'is talk loike a pirate day. Why are pirates called pirates? because they aaaar. Fbg known unknown. How best to manage The D - known unknown. How some folks hereon consume certain victuals, known unknown. There's a theme developing here. Y'all remember the stays, create artwork trees, turn everyday objects into the most amazing art, walk around NT grounds and relax with coffee (and NT sausage rolls fit for heroes) and just be you. I'mma drink tea, thank God for the recovery of Baby OP (lo, he cometh this very day) and slowly, slowly, MIL. Is it wrong to also want Spurs to win or at that very least not be an embarrassment on TV? Avast behind - probably not try that one on Mrs AJ, or Mrs Miggins eh?
Your posts always make me smile ...or even lol :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a morning of mystery and imagination here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of second birthday celebrations in the garden and the thinnest slivery soupçon of kakey iced cake came in at 5.9 like a champion limbo dancer doing a reverse fosbury flop.

Bowling went well, beach was sparse after lunch (high tide) but what was there got well used. A go on those trampoline bungee rope things and then ice cream before the crowds arrived and BBQ’s were lit. All will be peaceful later today as they all head off home.

There have been several scams circulating throughout the pandemic using the NHS’s name and/or logo. This time it’s a fake text message demanding that you ‘order a PCR testing kit’. It’s made to look like you’ve been pinged by the NHS Covid-19 app, but is another example of fraudsters seeking to panic you into following a URL leading to a fake website.

More soapy water and inks practice, have a peaceful Sunday. Koffy time already?

upload_2021-9-19_8-9-21.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a morning of mystery and imagination here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of second birthday celebrations in the garden and the thinnest slivery soupçon of kakey iced cake came in at 5.9 like a champion limbo dancer doing a reverse fosbury flop.

Bowling went well, beach was sparse after lunch (high tide) but what was there got well used. A go on those trampoline bungee rope things and then ice cream before the crowds arrived and BBQ’s were lit. All will be peaceful later today as they all head off home.

There have been several scams circulating throughout the pandemic using the NHS’s name and/or logo. This time it’s a fake text message demanding that you ‘order a PCR testing kit’. It’s made to look like you’ve been pinged by the NHS Covid-19 app, but is another example of fraudsters seeking to panic you into following a URL leading to a fake website.

More soapy water and inks practice, have a peaceful Sunday. Koffy time already?

View attachment 51219

I like the composition of this soapy painting very much @dunelm

It is disgusting these scams. Even though I know things are scams, and don't fall for them, they give me a sense of unease in several ways, and I don't feel comfortable for a bit until I shake that feeling off.

I am glad the birthday celebrations turned out well, and your sliver of cake was delicious...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

I got woken up at 00:30 am soaked in sweat. OMG I have a bug/virus.

But on investigation, it was the central heating malfunctioning because the batteries had gone dead on the sensor on the wall that relays to the boiler. And it had turned the central heating on full blast. So, that was me trying to get the unit off the wall so I could change the batteries. Then my arthritic hands had great difficulty getting the battery covers off.

New batteries inserted, and the temperature displayed shows it is set by default to come on at 25C. Who the heck set that in the first place?

So brought the temperature right back down. And had to put cold fans on. Cat wanted to go into the potting shed where is was cooler (at 2 am in the morning by now) . I nearly joined him... I carried him out there, locked him in for safety against the badger. He is still quite happily asleep in there, 8:30 am with all his mod cons. Of course it is unlocked now, as it is daylight, so he can come and go as he pleases.

I don't put central heating on until mid November, I like the cold, I cannot breathe and my eyes are too dry when it is on the normal temperature people have it on, (but I do put an extra jacket/body warmer on).

So I played with photos and the kaleidoscope app until it got cool enough to go back to sleep. But I am not enthused with the result I got. I will say, however, it is the same colours and pattern on a pair of trousers I had in about 1970...

Here it is...

kaleidoscopeLime-20210919-024154-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Belay there me hearties, t'is talk loike a pirate day. Why are pirates called pirates? because they aaaar. Fbg known unknown. How best to manage The D - known unknown. How some folks hereon consume certain victuals, known unknown. There's a theme developing here. Y'all remember the stays, create artwork trees, turn everyday objects into the most amazing art, walk around NT grounds and relax with coffee (and NT sausage rolls fit for heroes) and just be you. I'mma drink tea, thank God for the recovery of Baby OP (lo, he cometh this very day) and slowly, slowly, MIL. Is it wrong to also want Spurs to win or at the very least not be an embarrassment on TV? Avast behind - probably not try that one on Mrs AJ, or Mrs Miggins eh?
Really good news that Baby OP is coming out of hospital today and that MIL is slowly recovering. Not wrong to want Spurs to win. Of course good things come in threes - so you might be in luck.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.30am FBG 4.1
Why is this so low today?
Errant was weighed and has put on a few grammes. Maybe he is meant to be a 4kg cat, although he still has a little pot belly he is noticeably increasing in his physical abilities. Running and jumping with confidence, which is a delight to see.
That is good he is more active and confident @SlimLizzy
As you say he might need to be 4kg for optimum energy and get up and go.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good things come in 3's @ianpspurs
:)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It is disgusting these scams. Even though I know things are scams, and don't fall for them, they give me a sense of unease in several ways, and I don't feel comfortable for a bit until I shake that feeling off.

I am glad the birthday celebrations turned out well, and your sliver of cake was delicious...
I feel exactly the same about scams. Just before I left for work yesterday I had a scam call pretending to be openreach. Of course I didn't fall for it but it did leave me with a feeling of unease as they were fairly convincing in the beginning. Because of the call I forgot to take my lunch with me which made me really annoyed with them. Thank goodness I remembered to take my coffee.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Off to Gooderstone Water Gardens today. The perfect place to slowly amble around and totally relax after a rather hectic week, and of course they do sausage rolls for Mr K.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel exactly the same about scams. Just before I left for work yesterday I had a scam call pretending to be openreach. Of course I didn't fall for it but it did leave me with a feeling of unease as they were fairly convincing in the beginning. Because of the call I forgot to take my lunch with me which made me really annoyed with them. Thank goodness I remembered to take my coffee.
Yes, the scams knock you off balance @Krystyna23040
Hugs for forgetting your lunch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you @gennepher. I get scam alerts from Which magazine (not to be confused with spamalots). Sliver of cake - yes! Sliver.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very interesting paragraph in my Salt Fix book on how the food industry contributed to the mis-information about salt.

'By the mid-1950s, despite many experts lobbying to the contrary, salt had already been demonized as the blood pressure–raising white crystal. To make matters worse, the sugar industry was working hard to help shift the blame off sugar and over to other dietary substances (like saturated fat).53 And this blame-shifting would also leave salt out to dry as the white crystal that causes hypertension—no one was even considering sugar. Why would they? At the time, sugar was considered completely harmless by most scientists, and certainly by most of the lay public.'

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wrongly or not I have a mountain whistle and if I get a verbal scammer ( as opposed to recorded ones ) I have found it is effective and satisfying blowing that down the phone ( landline only ) because mobile comes up with numbers not known and therefore I ignore them .

Reactions: ianpspurs