What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Really good news that Baby OP is coming out of hospital today and that MIL is slowly recovering. Not wrong to want Spurs to win. Of course good things come in threes - so you might be in luck.
Enjoy Goderstone, SR and all. OP has been out of hospital for some time but we have wanted to keep him away from the virus which probably hospitalised him and MIL. Hug for the scam discombobulating you but at least you remembered your coffee. Scam detectors? Yeah, right. Exhibit A - DT as POTUS and The Blob in SW1A (when not AWOL on hols). It really is what we do these days.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Belay there me hearties, t'is talk loike a pirate day. Why are pirates called pirates? because they aaaar. Fbg known unknown. How best to manage The D - known unknown. How some folks hereon consume certain victuals, known unknown. There's a theme developing here. Y'all remember the stays, create artwork trees, turn everyday objects into the most amazing art, walk around NT grounds and relax with coffee (and NT sausage rolls fit for heroes) and just be you. I'mma drink tea, thank God for the recovery of Baby OP (lo, he cometh this very day) and slowly, slowly, MIL. Is it wrong to also want Spurs to win or at the very least not be an embarrassment on TV? Avast behind - probably not try that one on Mrs AJ, or Mrs Miggins eh?
Great news about Baby OP and the slow but steady progress from MIL - Mrs Miggins was up and about a5 8am this morning - should I call 111?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

I got woken up at 00:30 am soaked in sweat. OMG I have a bug/virus.

But on investigation, it was the central heating malfunctioning because the batteries had gone dead on the sensor on the wall that relays to the boiler. And it had turned the central heating on full blast. So, that was me trying to get the unit off the wall so I could change the batteries. Then my arthritic hands had great difficulty getting the battery covers off.

New batteries inserted, and the temperature displayed shows it is set by default to come on at 25C. Who the heck set that in the first place?

So brought the temperature right back down. And had to put cold fans on. Cat wanted to go into the potting shed where is was cooler (at 2 am in the morning by now) . I nearly joined him... I carried him out there, locked him in for safety against the badger. He is still quite happily asleep in there, 8:30 am with all his mod cons. Of course it is unlocked now, as it is daylight, so he can come and go as he pleases.

I don't put central heating on until mid November, I like the cold, I cannot breathe and my eyes are too dry when it is on the normal temperature people have it on, (but I do put an extra jacket/body warmer on).

So I played with photos and the kaleidoscope app until it got cool enough to go back to sleep. But I am not enthused with the result I got. I will say, however, it is the same colours and pattern on a pair of trousers I had in about 1970...

Here it is...

View attachment 51221
25 degrees - tropical storms in the night! I also prefer the cold - you can regulate with layers of clothing - heat - nah, and I can’t think of anything worse than sitting on a beach or by a pool after a 3 hour flight to a half built Algerian ruin called the Hotel Del Sol. Give me a mountain or forest any day. Green kaleidoscope - and we were listening to Green Onions by Booker T and the MG’s - no lyrics unfortunately - just a choon.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wrongly or not I have a mountain whistle and if I get a verbal scammer ( as opposed to recorded ones ) I have found it is effective and satisfying blowing that down the phone ( landline only ) because mobile comes up with numbers not known and therefore I ignore them .
What a good idea. They definitely wouldn't risk phoning your number again.

Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, slightly damp here in the covid capital of the universe that is Reading.

A perplexing 5.1 this morning, that meter is heading for a showdown with my carpentry hammer, still 5.1 is better than a lower number.

Here in Tilehurst Towers today will be a day of domesticity, under the ever watchful eye of Mrs J, whom is not to be messed with. Take note @ianpspurs , also happy to read the young and old in your family Mr Spurs are making good progress.
Also the kitties we read about are doing well.

Now it's time for me and me's to depart from this thread, the vacuum cleaner is calling, Mrs J is getting tetchy about domestic chores being neglected.

Remember, stay safe, stay apart and stay well.
Have a great media free day.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
25 degrees - tropical storms in the night! I also prefer the cold - you can regulate with layers of clothing - heat - nah, and I can’t think of anything worse than sitting on a beach or by a pool after a 3 hour flight to a half built Algerian ruin called the Hotel Del Sol. Give me a mountain or forest any day. Green kaleidoscope - and we were listening to Green Onions by Booker T and the MG’s - no lyrics unfortunately - just a choon.
Hmm. I don't remember myself or any of our boys coming into the world wearing 27 kgs of base layers, trousers, hats, gloves, coats and socks - what are socks all about? Elsie makes the whole nightmare even worse with her faux swaps of food (jacket celeriac??) that at least made a half hour some winter days bearable - oh, Cassoulet how my heart yearns for thee. One reason I wake at ridiculous O'clock is Julie insists on sleeping with a window (or 2) open. If one needs pyjamas something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. I ain't a turkey, so don't truss me up. Inhumane doesn't begin to cover it. I want to be a grumpy old man when I grow up.:angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hmm. I don't remember myself or any of our boys coming into the world wearing 27 kgs of base layers, trousers, hats, gloves, coats and socks - what are socks all about? Elsie makes the whole nightmare even worse with her faux swaps of food (jacket celeriac??) that at least made a half hour some winter days bearable - oh, Cassoulet how my heart yearns for thee. One reason I wake at ridiculous O'clock is Julie insists on sleeping with a window (or 2) open. If one needs pyjamas something has gone horribly wrong somewhere. I ain't a turkey, so don't truss me up. Inhumane doesn't begin to cover it. I want to be a grumpy old man when I grow up.:angelic:

Reminds me of that Inuit youngster video from years ago they used to show climbing around in an a igloo with its parents fully clothed but the child apparently warm but only wearing its skin!

D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sad day in one way but as Ossie's tweet suggests some of us have hope beyond this life. Great player and quite fitting that Spurs play Chelsea today. RIP Jimmy Greaves.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-19 13.21.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-19 13.21.12.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 56

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Caught up on sleep last night. So a bit late getting started today...
Took this photo at the time on the clock. Made a cuppa.
Got back in bed to work on this in Snapseed.
Oops only 10 mins left. I had set myself the goal of editing in Snapseed and posting this by 7 am...

6DEFBB7C-CAC0-4F28-AB25-FCD7E03BA5F4.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Quite surprised as I had some of Mr K 's allegedly Dark chocolate which has nearly 50g of carbs per 100g - my Montezuma's only has 8g. Maybe pancreas is getting better at coping with carbs.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from below the clear azure here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of yet more chicken salad came home at 5.8 this am

I know not what today will bring but I am caller number seven in the queue for the GP surgery, how quickly we are moving backwards to the 1940’s. Wow! Number five already. Mrs Miggins and her sister went over to the little house on the prairie yesterday for a bit of down time and then surprised me by coming back home - luckily there was enough food for two or would have been on starvation rations for a few hours (not a bad thing). I am now number one in the queue - woops! That was quick - appointment at 1450 and it’s not yet 0830. Those receptionists on the phones at 0800 get so very busy and the appointments link on the website is still disengaged. Are they being extra cautious or will there really be a surge form autumn until spring? Huge pile of nosey questions to complete and hand in today to our solicitors - will it actually be carefully read or just shoved into a file - if only I could organise my own telegraphic transfer, that’s about all I need them to do really. Big hold up is the survey on our house as surveyors, the ones that come round, nod, and hand in a bill are snowed under - allegedly.

I have been looking at the soapy water thing and dripping colours, just to see what happens. Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday. Time for a late koffy.

upload_2021-9-20_8-26-29.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a wet, wet, wet Forest Heath. Newly fenced and reseeded lawn approves, grumpy old git not so much. Many here have just given up and laid artificial grass. My plan isn't to hang about here long enough to justify that expense. @dunelm I hope the Drs Appt goes well/produces as painless a result as possible. Surveyors? Structural surveyors we needed for alterations may as well have been called R Turpin & Co. @Krystyna23040 great result from Mr K's chocolate. I was so hungry yesterday I ate some of the 90% W1 lurking in the fridge - most bitter I can tolerate. @gennepher smashing clock. Fbg is a KU since I CBA to stick on a Swipey. Call it 44.7 for cash. Pronatalism is needed - my boys are being useful but the .4 is an issue. Laters, dudes.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Ladies and Gentlemen, apparently it is not a good Morening here in Tilehurst Towers, me and me's woke up happy, Mrs J has decided today she is Grumpy, no in these circumstances me just breathing irritates her. Any sane person would go for a walk, I have a long stick and will keep prodding the dragon that is Mrs J.

5.4 today.

Must now depart and annoy her again, might be back tomorrow or might not.....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from below the clear azure here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of yet more chicken salad came home at 5.8 this am

I know not what today will bring but I am caller number seven in the queue for the GP surgery, how quickly we are moving backwards to the 1940’s. Wow! Number five already. Mrs Miggins and her sister went over to the little house on the prairie yesterday for a bit of down time and then surprised me by coming back home - luckily there was enough food for two or would have been on starvation rations for a few hours (not a bad thing). I am now number one in the queue - woops! That was quick - appointment at 1450 and it’s not yet 0830. Those receptionists on the phones at 0800 get so very busy and the appointments link on the website is still disengaged. Are they being extra cautious or will there really be a surge form autumn until spring? Huge pile of nosey questions to complete and hand in today to our solicitors - will it actually be carefully read or just shoved into a file - if only I could organise my own telegraphic transfer, that’s about all I need them to do really. Big hold up is the survey on our house as surveyors, the ones that come round, nod, and hand in a bill are snowed under - allegedly.

I have been looking at the soapy water thing and dripping colours, just to see what happens. Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday. Time for a late koffy.

View attachment 51250
This painting is absolutely stunning @dunelm
It is right up my street.
I love it. It’s cheerful and vibrant too with great autumn colours.
I hope those surveyors get those skate on for you...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning from a wet, wet, wet Forest Heath. Newly fenced and reseeded lawn approves, grumpy old git not so much. Many here have just given up and laid artificial grass. My plan isn't to hang about here long enough to justify that expense. @dunelm I hope the Drs Appt goes well/produces as painless a result as possible. Surveyors? Structural surveyors we needed for alterations may as well have been called R Turpin & Co. @Krystyna23040 great result from Mr K's chocolate. I was so hungry yesterday I ate some of the 90% W1 lurking in the fridge - most bitter I can tolerate. @gennepher smashing clock. Fbg is a KU since I CBA to stick on a Swipey. Call it 44.7 for cash. Pronatalism is needed - my boys are being useful but the .4 is an issue. Laters, dudes.
Thanks @ianpspurs
;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Will the poor be able to keep warm this winter as well as fed?
D.
Probably not but they couldn't in the last Golden Age (remarkably similar for all our "progress"). The difference now is that the PR/disinformation machine is far more effective and pervasive. Social and mass media reaches more that the bloke in the next hovel. So, even though they can vote, they either don't or vote for the cause of their pain. No fear of a peasants revolt. Your concern does you credit but this will get worse so buckle up, pray and support food banks. 7/8 more years? I'mma drink more tea. I'm too woke to unnerstaand.

Last edited: