Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, long shot…

Long story short
Taking Apixaban for blood clot in lung.
I was loading van, another van crashed into van, legs crushed, stitches but no breaks somehow.
Week later still can’t walk but can waddle to loo in extreme pain, legs swollen still and looking very yellow.
Could this be an issue with the Apixaban?
Nurse was talking about compartment syndrome, anyone had that?
Do I need to seek medical attention, really don’t want to! I was expecting improvement in pain at least by now.

Bit random but anyone else hurt themselves while taking apixaban?

What a great run of luck I’m having lol

Thanks
BA37C995-4F18-4464-BCDC-CBAEA89AF964.jpeg
5EFC6DE4-3571-4F48-8845-7BE9572D3E18.jpeg

Last edited:

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd look through the leaflet that comes with the Apixaban, if it does not mention yellowing in the side effects anywhere I'd definitely be calling 111 (I think you're in the UK) to get their advice about it

Reactions: Fenn

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi, long shot…

Long story short
Taking Apixaban for blood clot in lung.
I was loading van, another van crashed into van, legs crushed, stitches but no breaks somehow.
Week later still can’t walk but can waddle to loo in extreme pain, legs swollen still and looking very yellow.
Could this be an issue with the Apixaban?
Nurse was talking about compartment syndrome, anyone had that?
Do I need to seek medical attention, really don’t want to! I was expecting improvement in pain at least by now.

Bit random but anyone else hurt themselves while taking apixaban?

What a great run of luck I’m having lol

Thanks
View attachment 51242
Could the yellowing be caused by inner bruising as I got this after an injury once?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd look through the leaflet that comes with the Apixaban, if it does not mention yellowing in the side effects anywhere I'd definitely be calling 111 (I think you're in the UK) to get their advice about it
Paperwork just says go straight to hospital because of internal bleeding, I did that, they said elevate for 72 hours, I did that too, but a week has passed now :(

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Could the yellowing be caused by inner bruising as I got this after an injury once?
Yes I am expecting bruising as I got squished, just wondering if Apixaban can be causing internal bleeding and if I should be telling someone, or I am being a wuss and just have to wait longer.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Wouldn’t continuing internal bleeding be purple? Yellow seems like a bruise that’s going, but it seems to be spreading.

Sorry, I know this isn5 diabetes related.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Yes I am expecting bruising as I got squished, just wondering if Apixaban can be causing internal bleeding and if I should be telling someone, or I am being a wuss and just have to wait longer.
Wouldn’t continuing internal bleeding be purple? Yellow seems like a bruise that’s going, but it seems to be spreading.

Sorry, I know this isn5 diabetes related.
If it's only a week since your accident then I would think this is normal (the yellowing) but hey what do I know! Would you have a high temperature with internal bleeding?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's only a week since your accident then I would think this is normal (the yellowing) but hey what do I know! Would you have a high temperature with internal bleeding?
That’s a good question…

igns and symptoms of internal bleeding
  • weakness, usually on one side of your body.
  • numbness, usually on one side of your body.
  • tingling, especially in hands and feet.
  • severe, sudden headache.
  • difficulty swallowing or chewing.
  • change in vision or hearing.
  • loss of balance, coordination, and eye focus.

• Don’t have high temp or any of these symptoms so I think I’m good, thanks

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
These are all good questions. I think you should be asking a medical professional. How are your bgs coping?

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
These are all good questions. I think you should be asking a medical professional. How are your bgs coping?
It’s hard to describe in words how much I don’t want to go hospital.

Bloods awful, no surprise I guess

Thank you

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go to hospital. It takes a long time to get to speak to a doctor via 111. My grandson was told he had to wait up to 12 hours for a call. 27 hours later he finally received one. There's no point waiting that long only to be told to go to A&E anyway. This is an injury that needs to be seen by a doctor, not described over the phone.