Covid Prevention Measures for diabetics

walkingman

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The responses have been great. I am still reading them. Thanks to everyone. I've read different views which is what I hoped for so I can draw on that. Also I hope it has been useful for others to share and read.

Reactions: sleepster

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I caught covid then had both vaccinations after it. Suffered with long covid all year not being able to work since April. I have made the most of no restrictions. Carry on as normal now. Don't think I have much too loose now.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I think at the height of covid last year when shops/supermarkets were wiping down trolleys and baskets they were cross contaminating! All the stupid people who collect a trolley then go in and then sanitize the trolley are stupid, as you’ve already touched it! I hate covid so much, the annoying masks, although are optional I still have to have stuffed on my face 11 hours a day for work. People that still wear them now when they don’t have to. Just makes me angry!

Reactions: NicoleC1971

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think at the height of covid last year when shops/supermarkets were wiping down trolleys and baskets they were cross contaminating! All the stupid people who collect a trolley then go in and then sanitize the trolley are stupid, as you’ve already touched it! I hate covid so much, the annoying masks, although are optional I still have to have stuffed on my face 11 hours a day for work. People that still wear them now when they don’t have to. Just makes me angry!

Hi,

An 11 hour shift? What do you do for a job..?

I have to admit, I don't see the mask wearing as protecting myself, it's more safeguarding some potentially vulnerable worker or has someone vulnerable they may care for at home without the fortune to either change job or Jack it in..?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi,

An 11 hour shift? What do you do for a job..?

I have to admit, I don't see the mask wearing as protecting myself, it's more safeguarding some potentially vulnerable worker or has someone vulnerable they may care for at home without the fortune to either change job or Jack it in..?
Sorry didn’t realise I’d put 11hrs my shift is 12 1/2 I’m a nursing assistant at my local hospital.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've got friends who do 12 hour shifts in different jobs. It's not as uncommon as you might think?