Type 2 Blood Pressure…

simply_h

Hey all,

Hope we are all keeping well.

So has anyone noticed that over the years blood pressure just increases no matter how hard you Low Carb or how hard you fast.

As mine is now 139/90 first thing in a morning…

May need to visit doctors & think about some pills for it…

Just wondered if anyone else had the same.

45 male
6.1 hab1c

Views

Cheers
Simply.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the age of 73 and low carbing (with moderate levels of fat) for five years, my blood pressure is still around 105/65. So no, BP does not have to go up as you get older. Maybe there is something else in your life that is causing the increase?

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hey all,

So has anyone noticed that over the years blood pressure just increases no matter how hard you Low Carb or how hard you fast.

45 male
6.1 hab1c

Views

Cheers
Simply.
My mother lived til her 95th year and always had perfect blood pressure but mine has been high for as long as I can recall so not certain if age makes any difference?

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hey all,

45 male
6.1 hab1c

Views

Cheers
Simply.
Hi @simply_h It might be an idea to take a graph of readings over say 2 weeks. This would give a good starting point for the doctor and an indicator as to what, if any, medicine is needed. My blood pressure is the finest it has been since 1973! I've almost got a bus pass...

simply_h

Thank you all.

Will have to take come reading of BP and see what is what.

As it should be normal with everything I do etc. But I must be missing something.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
My blood pressure is always in the normal range and I check it most days but my GP insists that I take medication to keep it below normal just for his records to say he is doing his best to help me !

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My BP is in normal range mind you have been taking losartan potassium for some while infact since prior to diabetes diagnosis the reading you cited if a regular thing and not a one off would be stage two hypertention and if so I would definately talk to my doctor about it if I were you.and as we here cannot dignose you your doctor is the one to talk to

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood pressure is always in the normal range and I check it most days but my GP insists that I take medication to keep it below normal just for his records to say he is doing his best to help me !

He wants you to artificially lower your BP to below normal just for his records? How on earth is that 'helping' you. I really don't get why some of these GPs do this unless you have contributing factors going on of course. Are you well on this regime?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you all.

Will have to take come reading of BP and see what is what.

As it should be normal with everything I do etc. But I must be missing something.
Other than carbs, some people are salt sensitive (25%) or prone to stress but rising bp, though common, isn't inevitable as part of ageing especially if you are active and managing your weight?
If you can get in mixed sees plus plenty of veg and some oily fish that should take care of your antioxidant, fish oil and potassium/magnesium needs too. It is best to eat food to get these vitamins and minerals.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
He wants you to artificially lower your BP to below normal just for his records? How on earth is that 'helping' you. I really don't get why some of these GPs do this unless you have contributing factors going on of course. Are you well on this regime?
One of the Drs at my surgery let it slip that she was giving me extra medication because her governing body whoever that is would ask the question " why are you not doing more to help this patient " I took the extra medication for a couple of months and then stopped , When she next saw me she asked why so I told her I don't like taking meds I don't need and was told it was my choice but for her records I had been offered the meds . And yes I have not had a problem for 46 yrs of type 1 with this regime .

Reactions: KK123