What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 today - the red meat effect! Maybe I should stick to champagne and cake which seems to give better fbg.
@BrianDoc it’s probably just the dawn phenomenon - search on the forum to explain more. ( I’m no good at adding links here)
@ziggy_w nobody can have willpower when faced with a pack of macadamia nuts ( at least I couldn’t either)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.0 so rather pleasing..well you can’t get closer to a 5 can you!
@ziggy_w know the feeling I have polished off the last of the hazelnuts and won’t buy them again in a hurry as I find them irresistible even when they’re not encased in chocolate or ground into pralines.

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning.
Very happy with this. Exactly 2 weeks ago, I was rushed to hospital with DKA, so getting back to a regime with good numbers and new meds, is important to me

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.9 - Went to bed on a 9.1 BUT! My September HBA1C is in (Drum roll please…….. ) 46.00! OMG….OMG…. OMG…. Look, I’ve never, ever, ever been this low. Also, I’ve dropped three whole points since March this year. Three whole points! My sustained over night, this last week, has been going down and the overall compression of numbers is revealed with a scattering of points lower than before. And now, instead of saying “ABNORMAL”, it now says “NORMAL” against the Report, I’m real happy. Thanks for all your support over the last 2.5 years - really, thank you.

Reactions: DJC3 and bellapodus

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
:woot::woot: @Estragon amazing stuff - see what I mean about A1c vs fbg?? Moving on. My fbg was a proper fartnarkle 6.9 rising to 7.5 with vegan Assam and a walk/morning chores. <1100 cals and <16 carbs yesterday. Ember day today so should be an OMAD v low cal (+Fri and Sat) - 72 kgs is a tad too lightweight but Elsie ain't very at all alluring:banghead:. That deal with Elsie seems to be at the back of the queue as I always suspected. Sound familiar Wooster? Last A1c, end of June was 5.4 but since late July very delinquent readings. When do I press the panic button? @DJC3 and @ziggy_w Macadamias? - which colour bin?:angelic:

Last edited:

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
We have an old lab who needs the toilet regularly, my wife is often out with her at 5am, I wake up, but fall back over, then wake again when my wife returns to bed 20 minutes later, try and sometimes get back to sleep but I’m generally awake 30 minutes later....

I wondered if this might be impacting my fasting blood numbers, so when my wife got up this morning I tested immediately, 5.9 happy days for me, I tried to get back to sleep, couldn’t eventually got up an hour later and tested at 6.5. So is the disturbed sleep inflating my number ?
Can you not put down training pads for your dog? My dog has them. One by the back door just in case, but it's only probably used a couple of nights per week. She's almost 13 years old. Sorry if this is going off track!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I don't need hugs but thanks. I just need Elsie to take herself in hand. She has let herself go just like my mum said she would. But a solemn vow is a vow, eh fellas:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 - Went to bed on a 9.1 BUT! My September HBA1C is in (Drum roll please…….. ) 46.00! OMG….OMG…. OMG…. Look, I’ve never, ever, ever been this low. Also, I’ve dropped three whole points since March this year. Three whole points! My sustained over night, this last week, has been going down and the overall compression of numbers is revealed with a scattering of points lower than before. And now, instead of saying “ABNORMAL”, it now says “NORMAL” against the Report, I’m real happy. Thanks for all your support over the last 2.5 years - really, thank you.

That’s such an uplifting post to read. Very well done indeed.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wondered if this might be impacting my fasting blood numbers, so when my wife got up this morning I tested immediately, 5.9 happy days for me, I tried to get back to sleep, couldn’t eventually got up an hour later and tested at 6.5. So is the disturbed sleep inflating my number ?
A prime example of Dawn Phenomenom, @BrianDoc Your earlier reading was before DP could do the work of providing you with the energy boost for the day. The later reading, DP had primed you for getting ready for the day. I find it does make for lower readings if I can catch a test before DP, gets me. Usually fail miserably, because it takes a while for my fingers to get working early in the morning. Either that, or I am just a bit lazy, as I am retired so no longer a need to heed the clock.
This morning Dawn had already done the deed when I tested at 8:50 am. Left me with a 6.1.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.0 at 5:0 am bad pains in my feet so had to get up went down stairs had a coffee pains easded off now so all OK hope everyone has a great day.

went to bed last night on 4.7 that was after an inexplicable post dinner reading of 3.8 don't quite get that.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3