What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

7.50am FBG 3.7

What is happening here?

Actually had late night snack. Small chunk of bread with (as recommended by @ianpspurs) epoisses cheese. Incredibly smelly stuff, but soft and unctious inside. chicken me refused to eat the rind, MrSlim ate all.

Today the Guard Cat saw off a large dog. Absolutely sterling performance from Errant, not once but twice refused to let the dog in through the gate. Longish encounter lot of barking from dog and growling (cat) eventually cat stalked towards the dog , who fled when he got within two metres. Mucho praise and cuddles for the Guardian of the Gate

View attachment 51267
Absolutely brilliant sterling Guard Cat performance @SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a still and dark start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado and crab salad came in at 5.4 this am

What a to-do. Wedding at the weekend - a niece this time - para medic on the ambulances so I expect that this will be a bit of a respite for her. A bit of shopping then yesterday - on my own of course - none of this browsing nonsense and staring into shop windows. I needed (not really, wanted) a waistcoat. Job done and then into M&S for a pair of jeans - no luck so sourced from their website when I got home. What they need is a jeans machine - you tap in your colour choice, leg and waist sizes, optional extras and hey presto, a gang of imps in the back of the machine quickly make them for you while you relax over a koffy. Pretty sure that Terry Pratchett (RIP) had already invented such a thing.
Nice phone call from GP surgery as a follow up from my visit the day before - can I come in next week for an MOT with my GP? Oh, you are awful, but I like you.
Another soapy water painting, I did treat quite a bit of the paper. Anyhow, got to get the bins out - do them good to get an early fright - and then a koffy. Enjoy your day.

View attachment 51269
Love this painting lots @dunelm

Jeans machine...great idea...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative photo...a quickie this morning. From my bed dawn is breaking... fartnarkled in Snapseed.
Have to love you and leave you...stuff to do...

1B11C800-7AFF-4BFD-84E5-57A4E4EA1307.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Looks like a lovely sunny day. Washing out on the line. Coffee drunk. Next job - take the dogs for a walk then classes and 1:1s. Am exceptionally busy at the moment with new enquiries and am hoping it will settle down soon. I am being good and making sure I take breaks but it is still too busy.

The other groups are starting back in the Norwich church that I hire and it has been rather lovely to teach while the choirs and orchestras are there. Its a bit like being at the Proms.

lindisfel

Expert

7.50am FBG 3.7

What is happening here?

Actually had late night snack. Small chunk of bread with (as recommended by @ianpspurs) epoisses cheese. Incredibly smelly stuff, but soft and unctious inside. chicken me refused to eat the rind, MrSlim ate all.

Today the Guard Cat saw off a large dog. Absolutely sterling performance from Errant, not once but twice refused to let the dog in through the gate. Longish encounter lot of barking from dog and growling (cat) eventually cat stalked towards the dog , who fled when he got within two metres. Mucho praise and cuddles for the Guardian of the Gate

View attachment 51267
Looks as if he seeing off a young wolf!

Reactions: SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.50am FBG 5.4? Reading taken immediately after breakfast of scrambled eggs.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. More autumnal here today so no steam rising from the fence twixt Fenman and a Midwest Gal (Ashton, rather cool nomenclature, IMHO) . Very odd goings on inside the Pbod. Awoke (must not confuse The Tilehusrt Terror) to 6.8 on Swipey rising to 7.2 with morning chores and a huge mug of Vegan Assam (I checked, almond milk is vegan) <1100 cals and <16 gms carb so imma thinking this is a proper fartnarkle - word of the Millenuim @gennepher. Bgs have been delinquent for about 2 months now - last A1c on June 29th was 5.4. When do I panic? Unsurprisingly, weight today is 72 kgs (11 st 5 for the unwoke). @SlimLizzy glad you enjoyed the epoisses - shame about chickening out of the "rind" @dunelm well done on sourcing waistcoat and jeans. Nice idea about the jean machine (Barclay James Harvest, Reading 1974:woot:). I sourced some cheap as chips pairs of Levis - I do like me labels- from Debenhams and M and M direct last winter/lockdown. @Krystyna23040 take it easy superstar. Today is an Ember day which helps connect me to generations past - far more abstinence and fasting within the C of E in days of yore. Upgraded a car yesterday, more toys and an automatic so I may drive that one but I still prefer the ancient RR tank - now nearly a classic, surely?. 360 vision is a neat toy, Alexa, voice recognition, phone projection etc but it won't allow sky sports/CBBC etc on the dashboard when driving - yet. No deal with Biden but the "guy down below" seems only too biddable. Laters dudes.
Lyrics: Gene machine

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good National bin day Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Bloods yesterday 5.1 and this morning 5.5 hmmmm not sure what that meter is playing at, but.........

Here and there or their in Tilehurst Towers life has been full of excitement, well yesterday was, I was allowed to drive the car on one of my motorcycle routes to a cafe that supplied vegan bacon sarnies to my taste, now this route has a few sharp corners, on the bike they are ok and not a problem and also not a problem when you are holding the roundy thing and doing the pedally bit, but for Mrs J sitting in the passenger seat with only her seat belt for support......anyway after she had peeled herself off the passenger door, she turned the air blue and demonstrated just how loud she can shout......wish I had used my motorcycle earplugs.

Today is a worrying day, Mrs J is muttering profanities along the line of hair cut and beard trim for me, now I am particularly hairy and I don't think Mrs J is talking about Brazilian type hair cuts, more my head hair . My shed beckons till it is time to disappear for my plinky plonky keyboard lesson.

Stay safe, stay well and stay away from the depressing media.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
, now this route has a few sharp corners, on the bike they are ok and not a problem and also not a problem when you are holding the roundy thing and doing the pedally bit, but for Mrs J sitting in the passenger seat with only her seat belt for support.......
Yo, yo, yo Alfred ma man. These modern cars can be scary. This stuff can make cornering "fun" if not turned orf. Ya can't hide in that shed for ever. Will you be having a ??jazzle with that Brazilian or mayhap Prince Albert is more your style? Stay safe fella.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Absolutely brilliant sterling Guard Cat performance @SlimLizzy
the dog (Snook) belongs to our neighbours, he is young and playful. Snook made multiple short dashes towards Errant, to my eyes obviously inviting the cat to play " chase me!" I have seen Snook behave this way with cows too. Actually a less dangerous game, unless a farmer sees it .
Errant however, stood his ground, and gradually closed the distance. Eventually after several minutes Snook realised the cat was actually threatening, and shot off home again.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. More autumnal here today so no steam rising from the fence twixt Fenman and a Midwest Gal (Ashton, rather cool nomenclature, IMHO) . Very odd goings on inside the Pbod. Awoke (must not confuse The Tilehusrt Terror) to 6.8 on Swipey rising to 7.2 with morning chores and a huge mug of Vegan Assam (I checked, almond milk is vegan) <1100 cals and <16 gms carb so imma thinking this is a proper fartnarkle - word of the Millenuim @gennepher. Bgs have been delinquent for about 2 months now - last A1c on June 29th was 5.4. When do I panic? Unsurprisingly, weight today is 72 kgs (11 st 5 for the unwoke). @SlimLizzy glad you enjoyed the epoisses - shame about chickening out of the "rind" @dunelm well done on sourcing waistcoat and jeans. Nice idea about the jean machine (Barclay James Harvest, Reading 1974:woot:). I sourced some cheap as chips pairs of Levis - I do like me labels- from Debenhams and M and M direct last winter/lockdown. @Krystyna23040 take it easy superstar. Today is an Ember day which helps connect me to generations past - far more abstinence and fasting within the C of E in days of yore. Upgraded a car yesterday, more toys and an automatic so I may drive that one but I still prefer the ancient RR tank - now nearly a classic, surely?. 360 vision is a neat toy, Alexa, voice recognition, phone projection etc but it won't allow sky sports/CBBC etc on the dashboard when driving - yet. No deal with Biden but the "guy down below" seems only too biddable. Laters dudes.
Lyrics: Gene machine
Very strange BG readings on Swipey @ianpspurs . They definitely don't look right.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

I tired myself out yesterday because I was in the Polish shop near me with the translator on my phone. The phone was having a problem working out all these Polish/Russian/European languages. I had some specific items I was looking for. Pâté was one. I guessed which one it was from the container, but I needed to know what kind of Pâté, what was in it and the carbs. But the aisles are narrow (no one can pass in these aisles, so I go early so I am not annoying anyone), and the lighting is dingy.

I had already looked up some Polish words for pâté at home before I went, but it never gave me this version.

The phone translates it to 'Tasty Pee'....'Tasty Pee with mushroom'...

I bought half a dozen different varieties of 'Tasty Pee'. They weren't expensive, one was 49p the rest 69p. And I can check better at home what the ingredients are in them. The cats can have them if I am entirely put off... The tiny writing of ingredients needs a powerful magnifying glass and a bright light...

I am afraid my stomach is still turning at that name, but once I have figured out the actual ingredients, if Google Translate gets its bum in gear, then my stomach might settle...or not...

Surrounding 'Tasty Pee', was dozens and dozens and dozens of jars of every description of minced pig brains...

When I was 17 years old, a Polish guy I knew used to make bowls of these pig brains. He gave me a bowl to take home. My stomach churned then, and I still recall that feeling. The bowl of pig brains never got as far my kitchen...

Creative photo for today. I have a fan which makes me think of an old wartime aeroplane. So I played with it in Snapseed, and half an hour later...I like it!

A68C3A65-F23F-4A82-A299-E1416A0C1536.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a breezy and overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado and tuna salad ambushed me with a 3.9 this am, swiftly followed by a flat 4 and steady away at 4.5. You just can’t trust anything made by Loki Inc.
Funny old day yesterday
Whatever did we do with it?
Scratched my head in vain.
Spent some time talking to my sister (the one that lives in France). She is now keeping a close weather eye on our parents. Dived in and out of my latest book, The Luckiest Guy Alive - a book of his latest performance poetry by John Cooper Clarke.
Zoom meeting this afternoon with the PPG. On the agenda will be impending mass flu jabs. First lot of 600 are this Saturday and then for next three Saturdays. I won’t be helping this weekend - wedding. Will be interested to hear from the practice manager on the subject of Covid booster jabs - govt are pretty good at telling the world that they are happening but not so good at letting the medics who will be delivering them, what, when and how. The anticipation and excitement is killing me.
Tips for how to fall asleep in a living room chair: 1. Be old. 2. Sit in a chair.

Some flowers today - just to cheer up a dull day. I hoep that you all have a tremendous Thursday. I will now make koffy.

upload_2021-9-23_7-8-20.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
A very dull morning with a strong breeze off the Firth. The wind turbines have started waving their arms around again after a long rest so the owners will rubbing their hands together. They even get paid if the wind gets too strong.

The price of fuel now may even make a heat pump viable providing electricity doesn't go up too much.

For once Boris may even be making a good case for action on climate change at the UN.

D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

I tired myself out yesterday because I was in the Polish shop near me with the translator on my phone. The phone was having a problem working out all these Polish/Russian/European languages. I had some specific items I was looking for. Pâté was one. I guessed which one it was from the container, but I needed to know what kind of Pâté, what was in it and the carbs. But the aisles are narrow (no one can pass in these aisles, so I go early so I am not annoying anyone), and the lighting is dingy.

I had already looked up some Polish words for pâté at home before I went, but it never gave me this version.

The phone translates it to 'Tasty Pee'....'Tasty Pee with mushroom'...

I bought half a dozen different varieties of 'Tasty Pee'. They weren't expensive, one was 49p the rest 69p. And I can check better at home what the ingredients are in them. The cats can have them if I am entirely put off... The tiny writing of ingredients needs a powerful magnifying glass and a bright light...

I am afraid my stomach is still turning at that name, but once I have figured out the actual ingredients, if Google Translate gets its bum in gear, then my stomach might settle...or not...

Surrounding 'Tasty Pee', was dozens and dozens and dozens of jars of every description of minced pig brains...

When I was 17 years old, a Polish guy I knew used to make bowls of these pig brains. He gave me a bowl to take home. My stomach churned then, and I still recall that feeling. The bowl of pig brains never got as far my kitchen...

Creative photo for today. I have a fan which makes me think of an old wartime aeroplane. So I played with it in Snapseed, and half an hour later...I like it!

View attachment 51276
Your fan certainly does resemble an old wartime aerolpane - smashing effects with your Snapseed. I thought that Polish pate was called pasztet - but now wonder it that is just the chicken liver type. I think that the online Google translate is a bit rubbish - the app is not bad though? Do you use that with your phone camera to translate.
upload_2021-9-23_7-46-6.jpeg

Reactions: ianpspurs