What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Am relaxing on my reclining chair in the conservatory because Mr K has taken the dogs for a walk. He felt that I have been rushing around too much lately and need to relax more. It is so lovely to relax.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your fan certainly does resemble an old wartime aerolpane - smashing effects with your Snapseed. I thought that Polish pate was called pasztet - but now wonder it that is just the chicken liver type. I think that the online Google translate is a bit rubbish - the app is not bad though? Do you use that with your phone camera to translate.
View attachment 51279
Thanks @dunelm
:)

Yes I do use that with my phone camera to translate.
I have just been trying to translate now on the 49p one.
And it told me 'RAT' was in the ingredients...
I am pretty certain there would not be rat in this. So I had to find the Polish word for rat, and there is no rat labelled in this.
To be fair to Google translate it is tiny writing on a rough surface foil lid, written in a circle all round the edge. This was 49p, has a best before date of 12/23, so it is worth the time to key in each word manually, and then I will try it. And go and buy the other half dozen left in the Polish shop for a food cupboard back up.

It does appear to have chicken and liver in the ingredients, but other meats too.

Ah, just found this same one online. Gives me list of ingredients in English, the easy way. Phew! It is basically chicken liver, but has other meats in it. Apparently it is very good, but is best in the fridge for a few days before eating, in order to develop the flavour more...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Tasty Pee day guys. I'mma using that as often as possible @gennepher. I'm a huge fan of your fan ma'am. Good tip about the 40 winks protocol @dunelm only now I need to buy an armchair. Julie is on the case as I type. Mr K's legendary hero status grows by the day @Krystyna23040. Swipey bestowed a 6.1 on me. Donnez moi un break as Wooster put it. Scarily high for me off the back of 15 gms carb and 1300 cals. Elsie is /was? always a proper cajones ache whose only justification is if it works. Working is highly individual, I know. Sleep score, resting pulse, Spo2 and weight <73 kgs all good BUT I can get those results other ways. Currently this is a huge test of faith in Elsie. Y'all get a hymn as we are looking arter 2 granddaughters this very day and the sentiment is basically where I'm at with this. Christian or not this is where many of y'all often end up being in your relationship with your own Elsie. Free the Tilehurst Terror :angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @dunelm
:)

Yes I do use that with my phone camera to translate.
I have just been trying to translate now on the 49p one.
And it told me 'RAT' was in the ingredients...
I am pretty certain there would not be rat in this. So I had to find the Polish word for rat, and there is no rat labelled in this.
To be fair to Google translate it is tiny writing on a rough surface foil lid, written in a circle all round the edge. This was 49p, has a best before date of 12/23, so it is worth the time to key in each word manually, and then I will try it. And go and buy the other half dozen left in the Polish shop for a food cupboard back up.

It does appear to have chicken and liver in the ingredients, but other meats too.

Ah, just found this same one online. Gives me list of ingredients in English, the easy way. Phew! It is basically chicken liver, but has other meats in it. Apparently it is very good, but is best in the fridge for a few days before eating, in order to develop the flavour more...
Great result

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a breezy and overcast start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado and tuna salad ambushed me with a 3.9 this am, swiftly followed by a flat 4 and steady away at 4.5. You just can’t trust anything made by Loki Inc.
Funny old day yesterday
Whatever did we do with it?
Scratched my head in vain.
Spent some time talking to my sister (the one that lives in France). She is now keeping a close weather eye on our parents. Dived in and out of my latest book, The Luckiest Guy Alive - a book of his latest performance poetry by John Cooper Clarke.
Zoom meeting this afternoon with the PPG. On the agenda will be impending mass flu jabs. First lot of 600 are this Saturday and then for next three Saturdays. I won’t be helping this weekend - wedding. Will be interested to hear from the practice manager on the subject of Covid booster jabs - govt are pretty good at telling the world that they are happening but not so good at letting the medics who will be delivering them, what, when and how. The anticipation and excitement is killing me.
Tips for how to fall asleep in a living room chair: 1. Be old. 2. Sit in a chair.

Some flowers today - just to cheer up a dull day. I hoep that you all have a tremendous Thursday. I will now make koffy.

View attachment 51277
I love this colour combination @dunelm
Uplifting...

Great tips on falling asleep....

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.05am FBG 1.2 really?
7.06am FBG 1.3
can this be right?
I feel fine, well mùch the same as normal.
Which is not optimal.
2 hours after breakfast of nut granola with a few berries and cup of tea
BG is now 4.6

Any ideas what is happening ?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.05am FBG 1.2 really?
7.06am FBG 1.3
can this be right?
Which is not optimal.
BG is now 4.6

Hug for the mystery. Ignore anyone who claims to have an idea what is happening 'cos they don't - that is a gold plated known, known.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.05am FBG 1.2 really?
7.06am FBG 1.3
can this be right?
Which is not optimal.
BG is now 4.6

I used to “know” about this stuff but the more I look at it the longer the list of caveats becomes. If only we could converse with our internal organs without liver laughing it’s head off. Mine started at 3.9 this morning, went swiftly to 4, eventually stopped bouncing up at 6.2 and is now 5.7 - whatever explanation they give - it’s from guessing granny.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all rogue elephants, they always get left and right out of parties, we need to cut them some slack.

5.7 on the meter, me and me's think the threat of a swift smack with my carpentry hammer is keeping that meter in cheque, my how engrish can give you the ability to use different spellings for the same sounding word.

Today my plans are scuppered, screwed and thrown in the recycling bin, me and me's are confined to Tilehurst Towers, but left unsupervised :) .

7.05am FBG 1.2 really?
7.06am FBG 1.3
can this be right?
Which is not optimal.
BG is now 4.6

Do a check on your meter and also if possible use a strip from a different batch. Take care.

Stay safe, stay apart and stay away from all night disco'so.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Side eye (new one on me)Chloe is a new internet sensation. I'mma liking this but fear a Cnut like outcome to any attempts to stop the remorseless progress of the why notters.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-23 10.23.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-23 10.23.24.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
I am thinking of changing my name to Aardvark, it will be the only way at my surgery not to get left behind with vaccinations since they think the alphabet is a good way to judge vulnerabilty!
;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am thinking of changing my name to Aardvark, it will be the only way at my surgery not to get left behind with vaccinations since they think the alphabet is a good way to judge vulnerabilty!
;)
A funny - but it isn’t really - just plain lazyness.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.05am FBG 1.2 really?
7.06am FBG 1.3
can this be right?
Which is not optimal.
BG is now 4.6

@SlimLizzy working out what is going on is not Rocket Science - it is actually far far more complex. Hopefully it will settle down and you will be back to normal numbers very soon.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Staying with the 6's the last few days 6.8 6.2 and today a round 6 ....maybe just maybe a need a nudge ( low carb one ) to get ito the 5's :)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Staying with the 6's the last few days 6.8 6.2 and today a round 6 ....maybe just maybe a need a nudge ( low carb one ) to get ito the 5's :)
You'll be fine. This may be slightly better than @dunelm's Guessing Grannie. I liked the part attached as an image but probably only because I have 0 idea what the bleep is going on with the Pbod. As for her meal ideas, the Starbucks breve latte and salmon are about all I would (willingly) inflict on my taste buds - some would need gunpoint. The alleged scientific basis may appeal to some here. Hopefully some of it will be helpful to you or someone else.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-23 13.36.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-23 13.36.54.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 61