cheapest keto meals(include price card)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect that if eating a low carb diet doesn't work, then there is something more going on which ought to be investigated.
Dr Atkins worked out a few of the possible problems which needed to be addressed to help his patients start to lose weight - but I have read of a fair few people who were type two and medicated as such, right up to the diagnosis of something else.

Hotpepper20000

Whilst I agree Keto is easier than many make out and not that complicated, it doesn’t always result in reversal/ remission from T2 diabetes, some of us will always struggle with that no matter how little carbs we eat. I think sometimes we set people up with keto is the cure and they expect big results and then can be disheartened and disappointed when it doesn’t happen quite like that
I agree but remission isn’t always the goal. For some of us it’s about managing the health conditions we have.
PCOS is a very difficult condition to manage and Low carb or for others Keto is one of a few ways to manage it.

Reactions: lucylocket61

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree but remission isn’t always the goal. For some of us it’s about managing the health conditions we have.
PCOS is a very difficult condition to manage and Low carb or for others Keto is one of a few ways to manage it.
I agree, tell me about it, I have had PCOS since I was 14, now almost 60, stopped me being able to have children of my own, having to be waxed and have laser treatment on facial hair, who man looks at a girl who can grow a better beard than them, unexplained and hard to shift weight gain and of course T2 Keto helps me mange my conditions, which is my exact goal just like you :) but I am nowhere near cured or in remission, and often we find newbies to the site think that it will result in the later two and end up disappointed when it’s not the cure all just the control

Reactions: lucylocket61

Drfarxan

While Phinney and Volek always bang on about keto and make it seem much more complicated to reverse T2D than it actually is in practice( Virta has a service to sell after all). Dr David Unwin GP in his practice in Southport (UK) has a 50% remission rate through 'just' Low Carb. But how low to go depends upon individual patients.
My BG meter told me that I had to go almost to the edge of Keto (20gms to 40gms of carbs per day), but many others (in this forum) only need to get to somewhere between 50gms and 100gms per day.

It really annoys me when people make it seem seem harder than it actually is, because that can deter some people from even trying!
I would say NO!! Dr phinney and Volek are doing the science. Obviously some people find a keto diet extreme and would like to include food they like. Its ok but bringing down their work into just the “money angle” wrong. AGAIN not only do you adapt to using ketone as energy source, KETONS INCREASE YOUR INSULIN SENSITIVITY!!! Also a keto diet has been shown to treat other diseases, not going to start the topic, according to virta and others.
I am not saying they are 100% right and that we should believe them religiously but saying their pushing their work on people for money is too much. Keto has more benefits for diabetes and other chronic disease more than just low carbs.
I am not saying people should go full keto but i can say maybe theyll have better benefits/results if they did.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously some people find a keto diet extreme and would like to include food they like.
I just want to point out that for many of us on here, multiple health issues mean that keto or very low carb isnt an option. Its not just a matter of wanting to include a wider variety of foods and additional carbs, its a matter of taking care of our overall health. I think sometimes this consideration isnt taken seriously or even acknowledged.

Drfarxan

I just want to point out that for many of us on here, multiple health issues mean that keto or very low carb isnt an option. Its not just a matter of wanting to include a wider variety of foods and additional carbs, its a matter of taking care of our overall health. I think sometimes this consideration isnt taken seriously or even acknowledged.
Thats obvious to most people i assumed?! I am not suggesting everyone should do it!! its not for everyone. If there is a reason people cant do keto/very low carb then they shouldn’t. Its not a panacea after all!!
But for most people they find it hard to do and would rather have variety in their diet,including me. Will keto or zero carb help me more,yes!! Do i have to go keto /zero carb only to see benefits,NO!! when it comes to soley diabetes and other metabolic diseases keto or zero carb like carnivore is very effective.

Drfarxan

I suggested to the woman i mention to go for organ meat. Its cheaper here,i gave her some tips like adding more butter in her stew(butter is expensive so she pointed out she cldnt)Have two slices of bread per day,lots of greens and she enjoys nuts so i suggested she should include them too but warned her about the amount. Hopefully she will follow through.
I have seen people use low carb diet to lose weight and reverse their pre diabetes. Hopefully more and more people get the message