Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm newly diagnosed with type 2 does anyone else have blurred vision
Hi @Samimara , and welcome to the forum!

Blurred vision is very normal with both high blood sugars and with dropping blood sugars because of treatment.
Our eyes get used to glucose levels, so when our blood glucose gets higher or lower than has been usual your eyes need some time to adjust.

Reactions: Samimara

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Yes it’s one of the more common symptoms

Hopefully once you start to get things under control it should go away

sillymoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I’ve noticed blurred vision a lot in recent months with high sugars and now they have rapidly dropped in two weeks blurred vision has got even more obvious.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi I'm newly diagnosed with type 2 does anyone else have blurred vision
It's strange, but my eyesight suddenly became perfectly clear for no reason, and my Optician decided to send me for a blood test for Diabetes, and it was confirmed! So opposite way around. However, since reducing carbs recently my vision seems a little blurred, especially in my left eye!

Neil40381

Me too - hated the feeling and I have had it now for a while even though BG is under control - all eyes tests ok but still not convinced

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes, wait until your levels start dropping with the good advice on here.
You are in for a rollercoaster . . . I wouldn't go buying glasses until things stabilise.

Reactions: LucySW

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh yes, wait until your levels start dropping with the good advice on here.
You are in for a rollercoaster . . . I wouldn't go buying glasses until things stabilise.
With me it is only my left eye affected and has been now for almost five weeks! My bgl dropped right down in seven weeks though but would it only affect one eye?

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With me it is only my left eye affected and has been now for almost five weeks! My bgl dropped right down in seven weeks though but would it only affect one eye?

Normalising BG from a diabetic state can take 6-8 weeks to resolve glucose levels in the eyeball.
Now that's a stat I often see quoted, it took me longer.

Cause you only have a one eye issue I'm wondering if you've had a retina scan just to rule out any issues.
To put your mind at rest I had diabetic retinopathy detected in one eye post diagnosis.
The following years scan came back clear once I regularised my BGs.

Reactions: coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Normalising BG from a diabetic state can take 6-8 weeks to resolve glucose levels in the eyeball.
Now that's a stat I often see quoted, it took me longer.

Cause you only have a one eye issue I'm wondering if you've had a retina scan just to rule out any issues.
To put your mind at rest I had diabetic retinopathy detected in one eye post diagnosis.
The following years scan came back clear once I regularised my BGs.
I guess I'll have to wait another few weeks then to see if it clears. Thank you for the info :)

Dark Horse

Normally, you would expect both eyes to be affected equally. It would be worth re-visiting the optician for a check.

Reactions: coby