What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Swipey bestowed a 6.1 on me. Donnez moi un break as Wooster put it. Scarily high for me off the back of 15 gms carb and 1300 cals. Elsie has always been a proper cajones ache whose only justification is if it works. Working is highly individual, I know. Sleep score, resting pulse, Spo2 and weight <73 kgs all good BUT I can get those results other ways. Currently this is a huge test of faith in Elsie - I ain't ever had much:banghead: @JohnEGreen hug for foot pain.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I had a square of chocolate and a handful of nuts last night before bed because I was absolutely starving. I don't know whenever I have salad I am starving a couple of hours after. to compensate I ended the evening with a small glass of whiskey so the 5.1 I saw this morning is a reflection of that and nothing I have achieved by effort. This morning, now feeling a bit rebellious I added some oat bran to my flaxseed porridge. Shouldn't have bothered didn't taste very nice. Ah well, live and learn.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ood morning all.

Fbg was 5.3 yesterday and 5.9 today. Creeping up a bit compared to last year (and before), but I realize this is due to being a bit lazy on the exercise front.

@Estragon -- Fabulous result on your HbA1c. Really well done and well deserved.
@JohnEGreen -- Hugs for the foot pain. Not a nice way to wake up.
@ianpspurs -- Hugs for your frustrations with Elsie (brilliant name for LC btw). Keeping my fingers crossed for a bit lower blood sugar levels soon. Are you wearing a libre? If yes, did you double-check with a finger prick test to confirm if the libre is accurate? What do they look like throughout the day? Sorry for the many questions.
@DJC3, @PenguinMum and @ianpspurs -- Macadamias are seriously addictive for me (more so than any of the other nuts including hazelnuts, pecans, almonds and brazils). Fortunately they don't impact my blood sugars much, but calories remain a concern though.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 for me much earlier than usual this morning. Which kind of goes against the DP theory. A lack of decent sleep? A reaction to flu jab? Nothing too carby yesterday, for sure. The mystery continues, for me. However, I think I will try @Ryhia ’s idea of strong drink as a nightcap. Of course, to get meaningful data will need at least a month or two of hot toddies. ;)

Oh, and @ziggy_w , I agree nuts, though low carb, only serve to add weight to my frame. LC though they are, it is never as simple as just avoiding high carb grub to control BG and weight. We are complex and varied creatures. No ‘one size fits all’
Heyho, tomorrow is a new day.

Reactions: DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning which is a right touch. Struggled badly last night with cravings for anything sweet and managed to ward them off by having a packed of dry roasted peanuts. Not the same, I know, but expecting to go to the coast tonight so if I am good, I may well just throw caution to the wind and have seaside fish and chips.

Have a glorious Friday all

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs to @Pipp and @Andydragon for fbg but winners for testing and keeping a sense of perspective. Swipey offered up a 4.9 this morning. A tad (> .5?) high but I can work with that. Could be due to some tweaks pushing me down to 11 gms carb but could also be shirt colour. I'm content to thank God and shall do so heartily before, during and after my salmon on SSSF. Hope the eye scan goes well @PenguinMum - had mine last week and await results. Go well brothers, sisters, non cisgendered and self defined.