What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Creeping up again though no change in diet. I'm going to see I can split my Lantus dose to breakfast and dinner time as it clearly isn't lasting

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs and @DJC3 the scan was to review any progress from my last course of injections but ended up having an injection of Eyelea rather than previously 12 Lucentis injections which didnt really improve matters though might have prevented getting worse! Quiet sofa day now!

Reactions: DJC3 and JohnEGreen

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs and @DJC3 the scan was to review any progress from my last course of injections but ended up having an injection of Eyelea rather than previously 12 Lucentis injections which didnt really improve matters though might have prevented getting worse! Quiet sofa day now!
Hope the sofa day goes well. My retinal scan results came back normal which is good for me but a bit insensitive I guess.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the eye issue. You are surely one very brave lady as far as I am concerned. I know these things have got to be done but that doesn't make it any easier where eye injections are concerned. Hope all things go well and you see a marked improvement in the coming days.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the eye issue. You are surely one very brave lady as far as I am concerned. I know these things have got to be done but that doesn't make it any easier where eye injections are concerned. Hope all things go well and you see a marked improvement in the coming days.
Ah thanks Ryhia for the hug. I do feel a bit irritated for most of the day after and have to stay out of bright sunlight so listen to radio with eyes shut! I won’t know if theres any improvement for a few weeks and possibly at the end of the course of 3. I know I am very lucky to have this treatment free of charge and am grateful.

Reactions: DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Ah thanks Ryhia for the hug. I do feel a bit irritated for most of the day after and have to stay out of bright sunlight so listen to radio with eyes shut! I won’t know if theres any improvement for a few weeks and possibly at the end of the course of 3. I know I am very lucky to have this treatment free of charge and am grateful.
My eyes don't adjust to bright or even moderate sunlight so I wear dark sunglasses most of the time even indoors I find that helps.

Mind you I do get funny looks when walking around on what most people consider dull grey days with shades on.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 from Libre so that’s probably mid fives - I’ll never know, I’ve run out of test strips. Could have sworn there was another box.
@PenguinMum hugs for the unexpected eye injection yesterday, I agree with @Ryhia you are a very brave lady.
Thanks for the congrats @ianpspurs it was an excellent day and she didn’t trip up going into the stage which was a huge relief.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 for me so on the way to recovery. Great news on no tripping before young Mr Grace said you've all done very well. I'm orf to a country and game fair - will they really let my 2 yo granddaughter shoot clay pigeons? If her uncle is working on that attraction he's mad enough - health and safety officer:arghh:, yeah, right. Y'all take care and come back real soon now.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 from Libre so that’s probably mid fives - I’ll never know, I’ve run out of test strips. Could have sworn there was another box.
@PenguinMum hugs for the unexpected eye injection yesterday, I agree with @Ryhia you are a very brave lady.
Thanks for the congrats @ianpspurs it was an excellent day and she didn’t trip up going into the stage which was a huge relief.
Congratulations on your daughter graduating. Some good memories made there.