type 2 and blood pressure

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am diet controlled, no meds, for 10 years since diagnosis. My blood pressure has been fine until the time I got covid - not sure if it is related.

I am not due my annual check up for a couple of months. My blood pressure after covid went up to around 155/80 and has stayed there. The GP last year said it was ok, after I reacted badly to two bp meds she prescribed, and we can safely address the bp levels after the pandemic.

But now its been higher for so long, I am not sure if i should contact the surgery again, and if it may be to do with me having had diabetes for so long? Any ideas please?

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
18 months ago I had a covid like infection, undiagnosed, and my BP increased to around 120/75 for quite a while. Recently it has gone back to where it used to be, about 105/67, so perhaps depending on your increase, it is a temporary change.
Incidentally Mrs Typin has highish BP of around 130/80 and her doctor isn’t worried about it.

Reactions: lucylocket61

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
When are you measuring? I’m supposed to measure foot on the floor in the morning. Mine was over 200/xxx , i was put on beta blockers and ace inhibitors. They had to fiddle around with this as the first round of meds didn’t work.

My BP is directly related to my body weight. After I lost 30kg, my BP dropped to 100/xxx. Meds reduced to a minimum. Hopefully I’ll get off them this year.

I think upping my potassium and magnesium levels a little helped, probably only a little. Nitric oxide from beet root is supposed to help, but it’s a little too carby