Libre 2 problems

juliekem

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I was delighted to be prescribed a libre 2 device but keep knocking out the sensors. I almost never keep a sensor in place for the 2 weeks it is supposed to last. Just had someone bu.p into my arm in a supermarket, damaged the sensor and it has only been in for 2 days. They send a replacement free but I a.m wondering if it is just me being clumsy or do any of you find the same problem?

Does anyone else

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using Libre for years and not had any sensors knocked off although I have caught a couple with my thumb nail when they were incorrectly placed.
I try to ensure the sensor is slightly under my arm and not on a “corner:eek:r a muscle”. I try to place the sensor on a flat part of my arm as it does not bend. I know … obvious.
I also ensure my arm is dry and free of any moisturiser before attaching a sensor.
Some people have less sticky skin and find an elasticated band (Libre arm bands can be purchased from eBay) or tagaderm patch can help keep their sensor in place.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I always use a Hypafix or tegaderm patch over it.

juliekem

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for this I've never heard of these patches but I will Google them. Problem for me is underside of my arms is floppy skin. I too ensure area is clean, no moisturisor and I use an alcohol wipe . I have stuck the sides down with plasters now. They told me absolute not to fix the sensor down which is probably why I keep catching them

Lakeslover

I use a regaderm patch over mine, mostly because I swim for an hour at a time and it keeps it waterproof, but it has the added benefit of keeping the sensor firmly in place. I get my tegaderm on Amazon.

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm taking part in Hypo-Metrics research study, which involve wearing Libre 2 for 10 weeks so far 1st fell off day 11, 2nd and 3rd in 2 days, 4th I knocked off and so far number 5 is still on all this in 3 weeks. I found with numbers 1 and 5 if I hold my arm out and have the Libre at between 4 and 5 o'clock . Abbott have replaced 3 and i was given 1 extra in the at the start

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm taking part in Hypo-Metrics research study, which involve wearing Libre 2 for 10 weeks so far 1st fell off day 11, 2nd and 3rd in 2 days, 4th I knocked off and so far number 5 is still on all this in 3 weeks. I found with numbers 1 and 5 if I hold my arm out and have the Libre at between 4 and 5 o'clock . Abbott have replaced 3 and i was given 1 extra in the at the start

If it’s part of the study, that will be the reason you are not able to fix down. They will be monitoring falling off events I would think.