I've been really ill

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread has been cleaned up as the thread had moved to off topic discussions.

Thanks for your understanding

Reactions: WackyJacky64

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you managed to get your eyes checked. It was the most sensible thing you could have done in the circumstances.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Glad you managed to get your eyes checked. It was the most sensible thing you could have done in the circumstances.
I totally agree, I was very worried . I can enjoy the weekend , taking my grandson out tomorrow just a little drive a change of scenery for him . Thanks for caring means a lot .

Reactions: SuNuman

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to the opticians they saw me straight away, what a blessing , the optician was from the hospital he does diabetic screening , I had the eye drops and full examination , he said my nerves are perfect and eyes healthy, he said the blob in the corner is the gel behind my eye formed and it will release and i will probably get another eye floater which is harmless, he said my left eye where the blob is , is a lazy eye ,i felt very blessed and this has put my mind at rest .
I can stop stressing now :)
I'm so pleased for you :)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I have been in hospital had a chest infection , the same time my son was in too with pneumonia , and the day I went into hospital my best friend died suddenly .

I tested positive for the virus and spent a few days in hospital on a drip and antibiotics .
I feel terrible lost a stone in weight as couldn't eat much , been to the doctors this morning for A1c , its going to be high I know as I was steroids six in the morning for 7 days and antibiotics , plus once I started eating all I could eat was toast and pasta .

My son is recovering well he spent his 35th birthday in hospital , we both fell in on my birthday , today is the first day that I have been feeling better , but I am depressed I feel so down . I had a row with my brother , I haven't had the jab as I have phobia so he sent me a message when I fell ill and said 'your lungs will fill with fluid and you will die ' so when i found it difficult to breath I thought I was going to die.
The ambulance took 10hours to reach my son and he almost died , then the same day i went into hospital , my husband took me to A&E and I collapsed in the queue , they took me straight through and i was put on a drip and oxygen , my blood sugar has been at its highest for 20 days or so 15. This morning it was 11.5 , hoping for lower tomorrow, but the nurse told me to not worry right now and that I need to start eating again because I have a long recovery as it was a very nasty infection.

The doctor at the hospital said even if I'd had the jab I would have got the virus this bad as it is just sometimes how it works, my husband had mild symptoms and so did my daughter in law and 9 year old grandson was negative .

I'm exhausted not sleeping good at all, and I am worried as i have like a camera flash in my left eye when I look at white wallpaper , I don't think it is anything , but it has stressed me out all day .
I wish you well. Xxxxxx.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
  • Hi guys , HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL . I just started feeling strong again after covid . I lost more weight since being sick . Total 21lbs. I had my A1c in September it was 77, doctor said because I was ill and on steroids could be the cause , I was also only able to eat plain food and sadly it was toast , its all i could stomach ,but I've worked hard to exercise as much as i can and also now eating low carb . My readings in the morning are now 8 instead of 10.5 sometimes it was higher. My readings after meals now are 8.5 . I checked on the chart and this is in normal range , so I do feel i am improving . It really takes time to get over this illness . Ive also been struggling with my mental health , lost three friends and a cousin since last July , \i'm now registered with MIND again and waiting for some counselling . I'm feeling good again .
I hope everyone on here are well xx

Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear you are coming out of such a difficult time, and have put in place positive things to support you going forward.
A happy 2022 beckons:)

Reactions: WackyJacky64