What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast: nut granola, splash of milk, tea with the same semi skimmed milk.

Lunch: 2 crispbreads ( not trying to lose weight, but easy to count the carbs and plenty of rooom for toppings)
Pâté, 2 cherry toms, from the garden.
Cucumber and radish. Another cup of tea.
Finished off the pâté.
More tea
Dinner: ready made salmon dish, (parmentier de salmon)one tiny roast potato, savoy cabbage, carrots, a clementine ( trying to increase vitC intake) glass of wine
Later coffee with cream
Then bedtime snack of cheese. Lemon tea.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban petrol in the UK is sold by the litre so £1.32 was the price per litre. That was then where I live iit is now £1.45 per litre. (Wed)
To keep on track with the thread I have just had my breakfast of a mug of decaf with a little cream.

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and egg - despite what dietician said yesterday. It was streaky bacon as well - she'd be throwing up her hands in horror. Quite hungry today so, I guess it will be a 3 meal day, or 2 meals and a snack.

Next meal will be some suspicious looking white fish that Neil found in the supermarket yesterday. Not sure what it is, but it will need to be used - prepacked fish never has a long sell-by date. There are also some broad beans to be used - they were bought last Thursday. He'll be going back to the shops on Thursday after going for a hospital appointment of his own, so here's hoping there is more stock in the shops then.

Edit: petrol and diesel here are both 139.9 per litre. No shortages, as far as I know. There may be advantages in receiving our fuel by sea rather than by tanker lorry. Unlike other supplies - they come by lorry on the ferry.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Not such a good day
B. Black tea, black coffee, trout pate and cucumber on lc toast.
10,000 steps, more black coffee.
L. 3 Higgedy mini cheese and spinach muffins, baby tomatoes then a complete bender on small crackers, butter and cheese. Not pleased with myself.
Snack. Mixed nuts
D. Quorn Spanish casserole.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast 150ish g confit chicken livers with one rösti potato cake. Cant remember what i used to have with the confit livers, definitely needs something to sop up the fat. Cup of tea with semi skimmed milk. Only drank half of it.
Grazed on grated emmental all morning,
Lunch: one crispbread, butter, slice of ham. Clementine and cup of coffee with cream as missed Mid morning coffee.
Dinner: salmon parmentier, Savoy cabbage and carrots. Glass of rosé, then MrSlim opened a bottle of cremant, it's on special offer in the supermarket so we have to try it. Both of us have been cooking tonight, converting my bargain buys from yesterday into frozen dinners: pork and Apple casserole, 4 portions, boeuf bourguignon 8 portions. too much cheese grazed in the evening.
Errant (my cat) is uninterested in dinner, which is really worrying... He didn't finish his breakfast either..he has had a strangely squeaky voice for a few days but this is the first sign that he is proper poorly.
Am going to contact the vet in the morning, also pressurising MrSlim to accompany us to the rendez-vous.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke feeling grotty with a sore throat. Mood wasn't improved by traffic gridlock due to fuel situation so my planned day was cancelled as I couldn't get to where I wanted to be.
Sat down with a coffee with cream and woke up 3 hours later!

Did mean it was easy to fast until about 1!

1 slice of the courgette bread toasted with a little cheese. Some ff greek with 2 teaspoons stewed plums

About 3pm popped into garden for todays haul of courgettes but also managed to eat about 20 small raspberries. Then found the grapes are ready too, so about 10 of them too. That produced fructose guilt so ate a nut bar to try to even the carbs out

6 pm. Dinner of a small steak with fried egg and courgettes cooked in the lastofthe duck fat. More plum with ff greek and 3 squares Montezuma cherry pie choc that dear hubby had bought to cheer me up. Nice gesture but too many carbs overall today.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: ribs with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of carrot batons followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs with one slice of hm lc buttered bread
Lunch a few raspberries from garden with 0%fage yoghurt
Mid pm one square of 90% lindt
Dinner chicken with Chinese’s spices and salads with glass dry white wine mixed with soda followed by DGF brownie.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The fish was 2 very small pieces of cod - not my favourite fish but I made a fish pie with broad beans and a little red onion, double cream and some mashed potato I found in the freezer. BG has stayed low all day - around 5 to 7.5, maybe the new insulin but I've been feeling pretty awful all day as well with my "restless-legs-all-over" thingy. Usually, when I take Co-codamol for my arthritis, it gets rid of it, but not today. I did have a snack around mid-day of a few berries and yoghurt but that didn't put BG up either.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, slice of middle bacon, tomatoes, couple of pieces of low carb toast and vegimite.
Chicken and salad wrap which was part of the food I took with me to the oncology unit. Not there long enough as only one bag of blood given, ate the rest of the food when I got home for lunch.
Dinner was mixture of steak and a lamb chops and sausages , onion and mushroom fryup.

Camoo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, Sausage & scrambled egg.
Lunch, tuna sunflower oil and left over cauliflower cheese mash.
Dinner beef kofta curry made with tomatoes, carrots, beef mince , fried aubergine, and 30grms rice.
Blood sugar before eating dinner 5.6 2hrs later, 10.5:eek:....white rice is not my friend x

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast, Sausage & scrambled egg.
Lunch, tuna sunflower oil and left over cauliflower cheese mash.
Dinner beef kofta curry made with tomatoes, carrots, beef mince , fried aubergine, and 30grms rice.
Blood sugar before eating dinner 5.6 2hrs later, 10.5:eek:....white rice is not my friend x
The effect of white rice can be reduced by cooking and keeping in the fridge overnight. This does something to the starch and makes it less easy to digest. If this and a smaller portion size doesn't help - try cauliflower rice.

Reactions: DJC3 and Camoo

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: leftover fish pie from last night. Cold because I couldn't be bothered to heat it up. It's OK cold. Probably not the best idea, though, when the temperature is as low as it is today.

2nd meal: will be the last of the spiced cauliflower. Might add some hard boiled egg to it.

Neil usually goes shopping for me on Thursday or Friday and intended to go today after his hospital appointment but he's asking if any of my (rather long) list is urgent - not feeling too great. He can't do it tomorrow either - he's promised to help his brother with resiting some wiring in his kitchen and laundry because DIL is remodelling the laundry to keep it better separated from the house. That is - his brother will be assisting Neil - he is the one with the skills. So the shopping will have to be left until Monday. We'll survive but I'll have to see what is already made and in the freezer.

My big Brabantia waste bin in the kitchen has just broken - it's a pedal bin and the lid has detached itself from the mechanism that pushes it up with the pedal. It's not repairable so I'm looking for a new one - this one cost me about £50 but to replace it is something like £125! Looking around (online) for something a lot cheaper. Might just go for plastic, which is a lot cheaper and more easily washed.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2mad today:
Tuna salad with avocado tomato and h/b egg.
Spiced pumpkin latte cake from DGF. I really like these, they aren’t as sweet as some of the varieties.
Chicken traybake with aubergine, courgettes, peppers and 1/2 tub olives and feta cheese cooked with it.
Peppermint tea now to try to distract me from the rest of the DGF cakes I haven’t yet frozen.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Back on IF.
morning. Black tea, black coffees.
12pm. Megabrek. Fried egg, avocado, baby chestnut mushrooms and plum tomatoes, garlicky buttery spinach, lc toast and butter.
14000 steps. Still slow and limpy but getting there.
Snack. Mixed nuts, 3 small crackers with butter and cheese.
D. 7.00pm. Thai green prawn curry, Sicilian lemon dessert pot.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started the day with a very cold yoga class brrr! It's a new one so lots of beginner stuff and not enough movement to keep me warm. Memo to self: next week wear and take more clothes

Brunch of 2 scrambled eggs on 1 slice courgettes bread. Coffee with cream
Mid afternoon about 10 grapes that fell off the vine into my mouth. Working on the traditional keto theory this should be OK, as by next week either the wasps or the frost will have got them all. Definite feast or famine crop as making either grape jelly or wine is off the cards now.

Tea was bolognaise mince on boiled cabbage. Ff greek with 2 chopped brazils and 2 sqs chopped cherry 70% Montezuma.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and SF raspberry jelly.
Dinner: cheesy scrambled egg on Marmite on LC toast followed by DGF coconut raspberry bar with cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2mad today:
Tuna salad with avocado tomato and h/b egg.
Spiced pumpkin latte cake from DGF. I really like these, they aren’t as sweet as some of the varieties.
Chicken traybake with aubergine, courgettes, peppers and 1/2 tub olives and feta cheese cooked with it.
Peppermint tea now to try to distract me from the rest of the DGF cakes I haven’t yet frozen.
I have tried the spiced pumpkin latte cake too today and I really liked but it does almost taste savoury this one and it is the only DGF that OH hasn’t been sure about - think may sprinkle a bit of Cuban rum on them next time -goes well with coffee type flavours!
Breakfast two boiled eggs with one slice of lc hm bread.
Lunch one slice of LC toast and slice of vintage cheddar followed by fage yoghurt and a few garden picked raspberries
Mid pm succumbed to two squares of 90% lindt planned one !still only 2 squares left now and haven’t ordered more!
Dinner venison wrapped in Parma ham with cauliflower cheese and glass of red wine followed by DGF cake.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, hello there!
I somehow lost this thread for 3 days (nothing exciting from a food point of view in those days) and hadn't noticed.
Errant (my cat) is uninterested in dinner, which is really worrying... He didn't finish his breakfast either..he has had a strangely squeaky voice for a few days but this is the first sign that he is proper poorly.
Am going to contact the vet in the morning
How's Errant doing today?
It doesn't seem to be the best week for cats. I went to the vet with my Poes two days ago because he is coughing and seems to be short of breath. Looks like he has a heart murmur turned into heart failure. They gave him an injection to get rid of fluids, and one of prednisone, and tablets for the fluid for 10 days.
Doesn't seem to help much yet, if anything, the coughing sounds 'wetter'.

Today's meal is worth a picture. :)
I used two leaves of savoy cabbage instead of a bun for burgers (made one large burger into two small ones) with some fried onion, a slice of cheese, some jalapeno, slice of tomato, mayonnaise and hot sauce.

Very tasty, but equally messy. :) :hungry:
I suddenly remembered I didn't do burgers on buns even before diabetes for exactly this reason! :hilarious:
Still, it looked very pretty until I started to eat. :D

243405891_10224352229827693_853654047852754105_n.jpg