Guardian article: Food Myths Busted

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It may be a rare pro meat article but it is not unique, if you scroll down the page, there’s a piece referenced by Jay Rayner from 2014 that also praises meat and fat consumption!
By the way, @Oldvatr the Guardian does not have a pay-wall, it is free to read online, they want you to register but I never have and have no problems with the site.

Reactions: Speedbird
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Insurance actuaries put up the premiums for those on statins - they know the numbers and trust them to calculate life expectancy.

I suppose you could interpret that in two different ways. The Actuary might say that statins shorten your life or he might say that someone must already have a life shortening disease which requires statins. Either way he will put the premiums up and not concern himself whether it was the chicken or the egg.

Sorry, just seen the smack round the head about keeping on topic.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Ah, that article!

Saw this phrase commented on elsewhere:
"Is mother nature a psychopath? Why would she design foods to shorten the lifespan of the human race?"

Of course Mother Nature is a psychopath and plants develop poisons to prevent things eating them, or to clear space around them. Some climb on other plants to strangle them.

Members of the Nightshade family are well dodgy.
(Apart from tomatoes, of course. Non-green potatoes as well.)
Mushrooms? Be afraid. Be very afraid.
There is stuff that we don't even try to eat, like poison ivy.
Rhubarb leaves are to say the least not healthy.

The human race has learned over millennia which foods are dangerous and which are safe, despite MN's psychopathic tendencies.

A shame, as the general trend of the article is sensible.
Cod science undermines the good stuff.