Type 1 Cataracts.

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Am 52 with cataracts in both eyes. I’m due to have one ‘done’ in about 2 months. What’s everyone’s experience of healing? Plus, I’m already very short sighted and tend to wear contacts most of the time.I’ll have to wear my glasses after the op, but how will I manage if one eye had been done yet I am still wearing strong prescription glasses? Wondering if they’ll let me wear one contact in my un operated eye !

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No personal experience of this, but a family member had the lens removed from their glasses on the eye that had been operated on (at the advice of their optician) and it worked really well, until they got their second eye done, and new glasses, so on that basis, I can't see any reason you couldn't wear your contact lens in the un operated eye. Hope all goes well.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I had both cararacts done three or four years ago, I wore a old pair of glasses after the first eye was done. Then when the second eye was done I wore my newer glasses for several months, then I got tested and had new glasses made which I am still wearing.

I had my eyes tested on Friday and my eyes are still good no glasses needed again.

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
I had both eyes done but not at the same time.
Each eye healed very quickly initially then some
6 months later my vision became blurry and I
Had to have further laser treatment to correct
It. It was quick and painless. I can't remember
The name of the complication but was told it
Was very common and easy to fix. I have since
Been fine and have new glasses which I'm very
Happy with. I wish you well, take care

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I
Had to have further laser treatment to correct
It. It was quick and painless. I can't remember
The name of the complication but was told it
Was very common and easy to fix.
I had this done as well in my right eye it is called a Capsulotomy using a Yag Laser.