Meter cases!

H4yi3y

Hiii, this is a bit of a random one but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of websites or places I can get a nice case for my glucose meter! Sounds daft I know it’s not important but I’m trying to get back on track with my diabetes after many years of self neglect and it’s hard not to fall right back into it so I’m trying to keep it exciting and find new things to keep me interested
IMG_1633388420.360456.jpg

Picture of my very muchly boring one and a great glucose result just because

Reactions: EllieM

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Some people use a pencil case or a purse or a make up bag - there is no reason why you have to have a dedicated meter case. You could buy a few and take the one out that suits your mood that day.
Alternatively, if you are craftily minded, you could sew one or knit one or crochet one or bend some metal (?) to make one?

I do not use a case at all for my meter - it just gets chucked in a pocket in my bag so I know that the case does not have to be particularly strong; meters are pretty robust.

Enjoy your meter case discovery.

Reactions: urbanracer

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Depends what you want to acheive I suppose. I have pencil case that's big enough for a meter, pen, couple of needles and a pot of test strips when going out for a couple of hours.

For longer trips - here's my (metal) sandwich box!
upload_2021-10-5_10-3-14.png

Reactions: Struma

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiii, this is a bit of a random one but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of websites or places I can get a nice case for my glucose meter! Sounds daft I know it’s not important but I’m trying to get back on track with my diabetes after many years of self neglect and it’s hard not to fall right back into it so I’m trying to keep it exciting and find new things to keep me interestedView attachment 51439

www.myabetic.com has some stylish ones, believe they're on amazon as well.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
Hiii, this is a bit of a random one but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of websites or places I can get a nice case for my glucose meter! Sounds daft I know it’s not important but I’m trying to get back on track with my diabetes after many years of self neglect and it’s hard not to fall right back into it so I’m trying to keep it exciting and find new things to keep me interestedView attachment 51439

Hi,
When I am indoors and if I have a pocket when I go out, I protect my freestyle libre 2 meter by simply placing it in a self-seal plastic bag which fits nicely. You can order them on line for all sorts of useful purposes, or from the stationers called Osbornes I notice. This stops the screen from getting scratched.

Of course its important to have juice on me, and I usually take a biscuit, a few squares dark chocolate, as well as hand gel these days, and often have everything in a little pouch which I wear on my hip. It is not designed for diabetics but I found a little bag that serves my purpose very well

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky

upload_2021-10-5_13-21-4.png
The plastic self seal bag fits nicely as you can see here!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
View attachment 51446 The plastic self seal bag fits nicely as you can see here!
As I mentioned, I just use a pocket and have been doing so for 10+ years without causing any damage to my meters (including ones with touch screens like the Libre reader) and have no scratches on any screens. I have not found I need any self seal bags to protect the meter.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
As I mentioned, I just use a pocket and have been doing so for 10+ years without causing any damage to my meters (including ones with touch screens like the Libre reader) and have no scratches on any screens. I have not found I need any self seal bags to protect the meter.

Well I find mine as slippery as a fish, but it bounces well, In Response. Also, I had quite a few scratches on the first Libre meter, (probably from my massive bunch of keys in my pocket), and it gets sticky from all my Ugandan Dark Chocolate....

chocolate-face.jpg

Reactions: In Response

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

You could try ringing Roche who make the meters. They may send a case for gratis for your model.
To be fair I normally carry mine in a padded gig box if out playing.
But Roche did send me this case pictured below (again for gratis.) which keeps the bundle safe for the "day job."
It has a belt loop at the back & a pretty strong magnetic clasp on the flap.

image.jpeg

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

If you go onto Etsy and search blood grouches monitor case, there are loads. Some are really colourful as well!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am happy with the case the meter came in, the latest one from Contour is excellent.

Johmiuc.jpg

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a small make up bag, I like ones that you can wipe the spots of blood off :D
I can't be doing with having to put everything in it's place, I just chuck everything in, blood tester, libre reader, test strips, ketone strips, finger pricker, lancets, batteries, kitchen sink lol....you get the idea :)

D

Deleted member 543160

Going off topic a bit, but since it's almost Halloween:

upload_2021-10-30_10-32-46.png

My craftily customised little black Contour meter case, sadly now defunct...