Foot cream

neil harris

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've just been told E45 cream is no good for dry skin on feet what do you use . can you tell me what is floats are in the eye thanks .

Clase

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV
I've just been told E45 cream is no good for dry skin on feet what do you use . can you tell me what is floats are in the eye thanks .
Hello Neil. My podiatrist recommended Flexitol which I find very good. I have soft cotton socks which I wear after creaming my feet and within a few days they looked much better, no longer dry and flaky. The socks always come off in the middle of the night!

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hello Neil. My podiatrist recommended Flexitol which I find very good. I have soft cotton socks which I wear after creaming my feet and within a few days they looked much better, no longer dry and flaky. The socks always come off in the middle of the night!
Coconut Oil is also very good.

Reactions: Jayne1983

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My vote goes for Flexitol. It works well

Reactions: coby

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. Works a treat on dry feet.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Neil the 'floats' that are sometimes in the eye are little specks that you see moving around sometime, especially if you stare at a blank wall or ceiling. They are called that as they seem to float about.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A podiatrist also told me to use Flexitol.
In fact their comment was a strong “you should use flexitol and not a generic moisturiser like cocoa butter”.
Sorry this was a few years ago and I do not remember why.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
So, the cheapest that does a good job has to be Aqueous Cream.
I like Diprobase really.
Flexitrol comes highly recommended.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I use flextol when extra power’s required, and zerobase which is now prescribed. Dry skin that cracks isn’t good! I also ensure that socks are bamboo, viscose or cotton.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I was at the chiropodist last week and she told me my foot ( I only have one ) was in excellent condition , I have lost my leg below the knee and my prosthetist tells me the same about my stump , I don’t use any creams but I do add baby oil to my bath ,
Which I have daily , seems to work for me

M

Member496333

I barely use foot cream these days except for a bit of preventative maintenance maybe once a week. Recently bought some of this stuff as I'm a bit particular about not rubbing chemicals into my skin. Really very impressive for an all-natural cream and smells nice too. Can recommend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0833575G1/

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi neil the floats are caused by the the gel in our eyes turning to water it's a common thing has we age. I have the same exact thing you only notice them in very bright light or daylight mine tends to
Disappear in the night or when its cloudy and raining has annoying has they are there harmless you will learn to ignore them in the end. Hope your well and stay safe best wishes.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I barely use foot cream these days except for a bit of preventative maintenance maybe once a week. Recently bought some of this stuff as I'm a bit particular about not rubbing chemicals into my skin. Really very impressive for an all-natural cream and smells nice too. Can recommend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0833575G1/
Boots sell one called Smoothie Star Body Butter. 300ml (on sale at £6.99) and the tiniest amount really softens the skin ... and keeps it soft for days! I LOVE it!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use soap & glory heel genius every day, best foot cream I’ve found

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only