problem with having two readers for freesytle libre

anon125

got a new reader (NOT the app) and it would not register the sensor.
on the third call to the company he said it was probably because we had an old switched off reader!

the old reader is in another room and not been used in at least a year.
his theory was that the old reader is probably giving out a bluetooth signal that the new one picks up!

has anyone else had this experience?
thanks

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Take the old reader to another house, to the garage, to a shed in the garden.
Wrap it in tinfoil.

Just make sure that it is far away from the new reader - far further than Bluetooth can possibly reach.

Then test again to prove it is or isn't the old reader.

Edit: or take the new reader with you when you go out. On the bus, in the car, nice walk. Then try and register. Either way make sure the new reader and old reader are well apart.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
The transmission range is 6m if unobstructed, so to test his theory move the old reader well out of range

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've got my old reader fully charged next to me, waiting to download Libre 1 data, which I haven't got round to doing. No issues with registering Libre 2 on new reader at all for me at any rate.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think I got the reader for Libre 1 in 2017, but it may have been before that, sorry I can't give an exact date. Libre 2 reader I got in 2021.

anon125

thanks. aparrantly they think the age of the sensors matter for the new one to pick up the signal.

hmm is libre2 different

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
well I have my old Libre1 reader and my new libre2 reader about a foot apart and my libre2 reader is working fine with my libre2 sensor both readers were in the same room when I started my latest sensor with the libre2 reader I think you should request a replacement.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If your old reader has been sat for ayear unused it surely is no longer charged and powered up unless you have charged it recently.

have you tried to initialise the sensor with your old reader.

Is your sensor a libre1 or a libre2 as you can't start a libre2 sensor with a libre1 reader

Are you fed up with my sensless questions.

The thoeory makes no sense as the libre1 does not have bluetooth I believe. it utilises NFC .

Last edited: