Accu-chek Mobile Cassette availability on prescription

drmiller

Hello

I've just recently moved and I'm going through the fun of getting all my medication and prescriptions sorted with my new Dr's Surgery. I'm using the Libre for day to day monitoring but I've been using my Accu-Chek Mobile as a backup when there's been the odd issue.

I was trying to order the Cassette for the Accu-Chek Mobile but I was told this was no longer available on prescription. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought it strange as the product is very much active on their website and very available to purchase in Boots. Could this be down to a local practice just not having this on their 'list'?

TIA

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello

I've just recently moved and I'm going through the fun of getting all my medication and prescriptions sorted with my new Dr's Surgery. I'm using the Libre for day to day monitoring but I've been using my Accu-Chek Mobile as a backup when there's been the odd issue.

I was trying to order the Cassette for the Accu-Chek Mobile but I was told this was no longer available on prescription. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought it strange as the product is very much active on their website and very available to purchase in Boots. Could this be down to a local practice just not having this on their 'list'?

TIA

Have you moved to a completely new area or 'just down the road and round the corner'?

I ask because the range of medication and equipment is usually restricted by your regional Care Comissioning Group (CCG). If you're in a new region now, you can check what's covered on your CCG's website.