Tom-stick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos...
Hello all!

Has anyone used the new sensors and experienced any issues?

I trialled it but the alarms for high/low blood sugars never seemed to work - it kept on saying loss of signal so it couldn’t alert me. Has anyone else had this/know how to fix?

Thanks!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you sing the reader or your phone?
If you are using your phone, do you have Bluetooth enabled?

If it is experiencing connection issues, you will not receive alarms. My understanding is that you need to scan the sensor after a connection alert to reconnect it. Otherwise, you will not receive the high/low alarms

If you are having problems, contact Abbott.

Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
i use the alarms with my phone they didnt work for me with the reader i dont know why, i get loss of signal alrms if i leave my phone inside and go out in the garden usually after about 5 mins but when ive kept my phone with me alarms have been spot on

Lianne0204

Hey, yes I use the sensors with my phone. When I first scanned with reader then used phone they didn’t work.
I do still get the odd occasion where the alarms tell me it’s out of signal etc but I always have my Bluetooth enabled and fingers crossed they’ve been pretty good since using just my phone.

TerriH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Noise, hooligan drivers and most of all rude, selfish and totally inconsiderate people.
There are problems with Libre 2 sensors and I too have contacted Abbott several times but it is a fact that some sensors do not adhere properly and fall off or become "unreadable" even after one day and therefore have to be replaced. The "stickability is an issue both when showering or in my case when I am asleep and turn onto the arm where the sensor is placed. I have found that placing the sensor on my underarm does solve the problem - SO FAR!!! - but reports of problems with the sensors are widespread and the cost to surgeries, patients and Abbott themselves are very concerning. If I am concerned about the accuracy of the reading, I then do a finger prick and use my meter but this is a wonderful product notwithstanding and a marvelous help in the control of blood glucose. I feel that it should be available to ALL diabetics as the cost saving cannot be denied - far less complications, hospital admissions and the health and wellbeing of diabetics -.

Noddy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes the first day that I changed to libre 2 I was very excited. I put on my new sensor used the libre 2 reader and set my alarms. I went to bed 19 mins after the reader was giving an alarm saying that it could not be read. So I scanned my sensor. Then an hour later another alarm saying that my blood was low. This was not true as I did a finger prick test. Again at 3am another alarm stating my blood was low again. It wasn't as I did another finger prick test. The day after I turned off all alarms, but I was still getting low readings from my sensor for a few days. I always place my sensor under my arm.
When using libre 1 I was having erratic readings with many sensors and my Dsn upgraded me to libre 2

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hello all!

Has anyone used the new sensors and experienced any issues?

I trialled it but the alarms for high/low blood sugars never seemed to work - it kept on saying loss of signal so it couldn’t alert me. Has anyone else had this/know how to fix?

Thanks!
Hi, think I might have found solution. Time will tell as just tried it but seems OK so far.
Swipe down on your home screen, (flight mode torch, Bluetooth, etc) press on location, then select libre app & grant permission.
Fingers x'd