Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi I haven't been on here for awhile but I do find the days I eat eggs meat and occasionally some paleo almond meal pancakes my UC is so much better unfortunately I can't explain it I can still flare and I have to eat foods that my body only tolerates but started new treatments and hopefully things start improving and I can get back to eating LCHF/KETO so my UC improves plus my T2D

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi i can’t find the forum for Ulcerative Colitis and type two Diabetis.
I’ve been type two 16 yrs and had U/C 29 years.
In 2008 I had a very bad flare up of U/C and was in hospital for two months. they stopped the Metformin as it was blocking the U/C meds Mesalazine (Asacol) resulting in the flare up.
my colon and rectum were both terribly inflamed and ulcerated. It was very horrible time.
I got e-coli C diff while in hospital.
I was given a temporary loop illiostomy that leaked. Had that for nearly two years until it blocked four times in as many months resulting in two weeks in hospital to fix it.
Then it was reversed ( awful surgery)
After that I had infusions of Infliximab regularly for five years. As I couldn’t have Asacol.
So for the last six years or so. I take nothing for the U/C but careful what I eat.
and Gliclazide, Poiglitazol, insulin pen for diabetes. Metformin is a problem for most people.
take care xxxx

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
HI to you Brunneria,

What symptoms do you start with U/C I have been having problems with my bowel and they said I have ibs but my daughter has U/C she had a colostomy bag this year as she was in a really bad way.I am just wondering will I need different tests.
Is it related to type 2 at all.

Sparklebrightisright.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI to you Brunneria,

What symptoms do you start with U/C I have been having problems with my bowel and they said I have ibs but my daughter has U/C she had a colostomy bag this year as she was in a really bad way.I am just wondering will I need different tests.
Is it related to type 2 at all.

Sparklebrightisright.

Hi

I don’t have UC, and really don’t know enough about it to give you any advice.
The best thing you can do is have a word with your doc to see if they think you need the appropriate tests.

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi

The best thing you can do is have a word with your doc to see if they think you need the appropriate tests.
Ok Sorry I must have read it wrong.

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi Sparkle and All. sorry I’m not I online a lot.
I hope Sparkle your daughter is managing her stoma ok. and that you have seen your Dr about your bowel now.
IBD is much different to U/C with this people usually bleed a lot. I know I did
I using Tresiba insulin and have just been given and extra injection called Ozempic used once a week.
Ozempic is supposed to work with the insulin.
I’m told I’m insulin resistant.
So blood sugars are better but……. It causes constipation along with other side effects I’m not happy with. Using Cosmocol now to help as I must not get blocked up or I’ll be in trouble. (So my Gastrology surgeon says)
Be well everyone ❤️ Maddy

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi Sparkle and All. sorry I’m not I online a lot.
I hope Sparkle your daughter is managing her stoma ok. and that you have seen your Dr about your bowel now.
IBD is much different to U/C with this people usually bleed a lot. I know I did
I using Tresiba insulin and have just been given and extra injection called Ozempic used once a week.
Ozempic is supposed to work with the insulin.
I’m told I’m insulin resistant.
So blood sugars are better but……. It causes constipation along with other side effects I’m not happy with. Using Cosmocol now to help as I must not get blocked up or I’ll be in trouble. (So my Gastrology surgeon says)
Be well everyone ❤️ Maddy

Update…….. March 5th 22.

Hi all. The Ozempic is really helping and the side affects have eased
My sugars have dropped from 150 last year to 79 this month. My diabetic nurse is very pleased. Me too.
My UC is moderate right now. I have started making my own Kefir and I’m finding it very helpful to my gut.
take care all.

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi @Happy hippy

I've been following this thread since you started it, but haven't chipped in because my issue was rather different.
However, I can confirm that for me, going carnivore was the single best thing I did to settle my gut stuff down.
Please don't take that as any kind of suggestion that you will find the same thing.

Long story short:
Got Ghiardia, got rather ill, for a long time (basically irritable bowel), got gut permeability, felt v rough, malnutrition through malabsorption, couldn't tolerate any fibre at all, leaving me with meat, fish, eggs, cheese that worked. Also white carbs, but obviously couldn't tolerate them as a T2. Most people are over Ghiardia in weeks, but it took 2+ years for me to recover. Am now, still, rather scared of fibre in any veg form, but (strangely) can tolerate nuts.

Never for a moment in the past 50 years did I contemplate giving up veg - they were an endlessly interesting and varied part of my diet. However, following over 3 months in the loo, I embraced carnivore with a feeling of delighted liberation, and have been happy eating it since. There was a weird period of transition though, while my poor digestive tract emerged from its shocked and traumatised state and actually began to digest what I was eating.

Problem foods for me are most (all) veg, and any gluten, also FODMAP foods.

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
Hi Brunneriea and all.
I’m sorry I missed this post….. Thankyou for the information I’m just being very careful what I eat.
i have gone off meat mostly since I’ve had the OZEMPIC injections weekly.
But the good news is my Hbc1 bloods have come down from 159 to 79 must be the Ozempic.
Also I have started making Kefir. (Fermented milk)
I did lots of research and it’s helping my gut a lot.
Best Wishes HH.