Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Well done Sharon! Little by little . . . you'll get there.

Breakfasts - 2-egg omelettes for me. I never get tired of them. I can cope with a small serving of Lizi's Granola, too. Grazer finds Shredded Wheat don't spike him, but too many carbs for me. You could prepare bite-sized chunks of cold meat, cheese, baby toms, cucumber, pepper slices etc, the night before, and grab them as you're passing if you're in a hurry in the morning. That sounds weird, I know, but I like cold chicken salad when it's warmer - very refreshing!

Another thing many people use is yoghurt with a few seeds, nuts and berries. I always go for full-fat, live greek yoghurt. If it's a bit sour for you, use a granulated sweetener such as Splenda.

Or of course there's the full English without the toast and fried bread! :shock:

Viv 8)

smegdog

Hi All, this is my first post on the site and wish to respond to 'What was my fasting blood reading in the morning'. Mine are usually in the range of 5.7 and 6.5. I had my 6 monthly review last week and my readings were:

Hb1ac - 6.7
Cholesterol : 4.8
Blood Pressure: 130/70

I have been a Type 2 since June 06 and started off with diet control, the a year later was put on 500mg Metformin,3 times a day then, in 2010 I reduced my meds to 2 per day (morning and evening only)' my choice plus I refused Statins.

Don't know if this is of use to you guys but I eat a bowl full (at least 150g) of cereal, the bowl contains at least 8 or 9 different types of cereal which contain as low in sugar as I can find, it also includes Alpen (no added sugar) all eaten with Soya unsweetened milk and sometimes topped with blueberries. Have felt 150g a little excessive and am cutting this down to 50g. I suspect 150g was too much carbs - any comments?
I still struggle with foods but am my own enemy as I don't test very often, probably because I feel I have it under control. Would be grateful for your comments.

Cheers Smegdog.

sugarmog

150g of no added sugar Alpen will give you about 95g of carbs, which is probably a bit high. The Alpen is my breakfast staple and I have between 20-30g mixed with a small amount of almonds, cashew nuts, a sliced apple and low fat Greek yougurt with skimmed milk. Very tasty and sets me up for the morning. Sometimes I substitute a slice of wholemeal toast for the Alpen (not in the same bowl as everything else). Tesco's "finest" has about 30g of carb per 100g (about 15 per slice) whilst most others seem to be about 50% carb at least.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians

My FBG has been 5.2 for the last few mornings; which I'm delighted with. :D

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

4.7 this morning.

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.

6.5 this am, getting better.

Andy

A

Anonymous

4.5 this morning.

Spoke to my DB nurse last night. She advised me to keep dropping my overnight lantus until I get a reasonable waking level (which is what I was doing anyway). So down to 10 units tonight and see where that takes me.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians

4.6 yesterday and 4.7 today :D

I may well have to stay on 3 Asda slimming shakes plus one regular meal for the rest of my life :shock:

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

4.8 despite munching on 2 clementines at 10.30 last night which was a nice surprise.

MaryJ

6.7 def helps taking the reading in bed!

A

Anonymous

5.1 this morning :D

blacksmarty1

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi All
fbg this morning 4.4

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.2 this morning. :)

Malc.

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.

5.2this morning, lowest reading since diagnosed in July!!!
Low carb diet really working.

Andy
:D :D :D

didie

Dislikes

Well done!

I was 5.0 this morning.

A

Anonymous

Well done Mothman, always nice to break a record.

4.1 this morning, probably as I had a really low carb day yesterday (86g).

A

Anonymous

5.4 this morning after halving my Lantus again - now on just 5 units. Gosh, I'm going to save the NHS billions 8)

didie

Dislikes

5.2 this morning because I overslept I think. 4.8 two-hours post-breakfast and a bracing 3 mile walk.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

I've been in the low 5s all day for the past couple of days. 5.6 this morning.

Viv 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.