What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t managed to post fir a couple of days, but today I had first meal around 1:30 which was sliced Turkey breast and a large salad followed by DGF cake and cream
@mrs T123 I also had problems accessing my brownie points but an email sorted it out and it turned out I had £30 in points!!
Dinner was M&S Best Ever pork sausages 0.4g carbs each and they are huge. Cauli mash and some roast veg with it then choc chia pud
I’ve just treated myself to a Montezuma’s absolute black advent calendar. Will it last until December I wonder?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mum had both cataracts done six months apart and said it was nowhere near as bad as you think it will be - she said she would not be scared/worried if she had to get it done again - so not as bad as it sounds - she said you don't feel pain just maybe a bit of pressure as your eyes are numbed and she didn't have any pain after it just felt a bit gritty/uncomfortable and she had to apply drops daily for a wee while xx

I meant to say also that she said they put lots of drops in her eyes before it and she thought may be some had a calming effect as she didn't feel nervous at all during the procedure and she is a big feardy and she said they even spoke to her to distract her and a lovely nurse held her hand - so try not to stress too much over it xx
Thanks. It's just the thought of it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mixed spicy vegetables, fried egg, marinated pork belly pieces and shitake mushrooms. The shitake were a first (I find them too expensive usually but at 35% off I thought I'd give them a try), very nice mushrooms. :)

Tomorrow I'll go sailing with a friend and her partner. We spontaneously decided on it tonight, so no special dishes to take with me. I guess I'll bring a low carb cheese sandwich for hunger, an apple for mild hypo's and a bag of winegums for real hypo's and to share of course.
My friend sent me a message to ask if I liked raisins in my low carb almond flour pancakes, so very thoughtful of her! Too bad I had to remind her raisins are mostly sugar but curious to the pancakes! :)

I'm also the proud owner of no less than three 1 liter thermos flasks (no idea how that came to be) so I have the job of bringing coffee, tea, a can of stock cube bouillon and mugs.
I'll send you a picture tomorrow!

244541908_10224405243553003_4166978224504050321_n.jpg

My neighbour's 15 year old son just came barging into my living room to use the WiFi to send his girlfriend a message. My neighbour has moved house and now lives in a trailer in my garden instead of in a chalet in the other neighbour's garden, but the internet doesn't work yet.
His son is completely unaware that barging into someones private area at 9:30 PM without even knocking to announce your presence is somewhat doubtful.
I think it's rather cute because of the pure innocence, so I'm not going to make him any the wiser. I can live with the occasional teenager! :hilarious:

He also invited me to the fire they apparently have going in the garden, so I'll join them and take some insulin for the beer that comes with campfires :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: same as yesterday - fried eggs on toast - still experimenting to see if the effect is the same as yesterday. Started off from a higher point though - 15.9 this morning after a really, really bad night. Came down by 2.5 points to 13.5 after 2 hours. Currently back up to 14.9 for no apparent reason. Except the awful night.

Lunch: will be tomato soup - it's actually more a tomato and red pepper soup, but it's fine.

Later: will probably have some berries and yoghurt.

Still hungry but my BG is currently 16.4 so I don't dare eat anything. Might take some insulin without food to try to bring it down but that's a bit dodgy in the evening. Perhaps I'll set an alarm on my Libre in case it drops down suddenly. It's been very high all day so it probably won't.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small piece of steak, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes, mushrooms for breakfast.
High protein yoghurt, cordial with a scoop of Osmolax for smoko.
Pickled pork roast wrapped in baking paper and twenty minutes in the microwave, green veggies and gravy for lunch.
Pork in low carb bread sandwiches for supper at six.

The pork cooked well with out drying out on the ends, as it has before when we have cooked it in the microwave.

It was new Fentanyl patch on today and it took a while to kick in as did the Oxycodone. Fair bit of pain in my insides felt like my leg used to years ago. The polyp has got some sharp teeth gnawing away in there just like my leg did.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get my bi-focals with transition lenses, the ones that go dark outside in the sun.
I have them on my current varifocals but to get it on tge new distance pair would have meant sacrificing some of the thinning on the lens. I've gone without for now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still hungry but my BG is currently 16.4 so I don't dare eat anything. Might take some insulin without food to try to bring it down but that's a bit dodgy in the evening. Perhaps I'll set an alarm on my Libre in case it drops down suddenly. It's been very high all day so it probably won't.
You're having a tough time again @Annb. I'd forgotten about your son's gall bladder issues too. Did they not remove it?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You're having a tough time again @Annb. I'd forgotten about your son's gall bladder issues too. Did they not remove it?

They decided to leave his gall bladder for now and see if antibiotics would sort it out. He has been much more comfortable since having them but it still hurts quite a lot of the time. He didn't get to the initial appointment he was given (about a week after he got home) because the letter arrived the day after the appointment - it most certainly wasn't delayed in the post - that doesn't happen to local mail for postmen or their families. Anyway, his new appointment is next month, so he just has to put up with it for now.

A bit better feeling this morning - I slept from midnight until 3.30 am and got up, expecting to go back to sleep in a while once I settled into the big kitchen chair. I watched "Animal Cops" on TV but didn't doze off again. Strangely, I don't feel as exhausted as usual. BG at 3.30 was 6.4 (that's after a large correction dose last night) but it has risen since then and was 13.9 last time I checked so I'd better do something about that. Bacon and eggs, again, I should think.

There's still some of the tomato/pepper soup left, so I'll have that later. Might do something with cauliflower as well. Must also include some prunes - things are getting desperate.

Edited a couple of hours later to add: more problems - Dr says DIL has pneumonia, just by listening to her on the phone. Their car broke down this morning and I've just found a pretty large lump in my breast! Can't phone Dr until Monday about that. Happy days!

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't remember breakfast so think perhaps I didn't have any.
Morning spent in the garden doing big jobs splitting and relocating various plants that had got too big.
Lunch was 5 m and s seed crackers with a tin of sardines in olive oil and half a tomato.
2 squares of an lc millionaires shortbread I made yesterday. Went a bit wrong and doesn't have the distinctive 3 layers. still tastes too good though.
Mid afternoon after more gardening, 2 more squares. Rest is now firmly in the freezer.
Dinner, a spicy pork mince and veg dish cooked by my son. Very tasty.
A glass of rose.
Happy sunny Saturday

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The crackers were all in with a new selection. I'll photograph them tomorrow as I'm going back to the new large food store at Straiton.
I was looking in the crackers etc section that's maybe how I couldn't find them

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t managed to post fir a couple of days, but today I had first meal around 1:30 which was sliced Turkey breast and a large salad followed by DGF cake and cream
@mrs T123 I also had problems accessing my brownie points but an email sorted it out and it turned out I had £30 in points!!
Dinner was M&S Best Ever pork sausages 0.4g carbs each and they are huge. Cauli mash and some roast veg with it then choc chia pud
I’ve just treated myself to a Montezuma’s absolute black advent calendar. Will it last until December I wonder?
Did you just e-mail them and were they ok about you spending the £30 voucher on one purchase?

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Food, Food, Food ...

Brunch - 1 slice of roasted cheese on an nice thick outsider of slc bread. Washed down with a mug of earl grey tea

Dinner (out) - my favourite Surf n Turf steak with a large salad which included cheese & coleslaw. Large glass of diet Irn Bru. No teeny bit of sweet today as hubby resisted. I had 2 squares of 90% Lindtt when back home to finish off. Mes thinking it is now about wine o'clock it is Saturday night after all :) and I was working last Saturday night and I will be working next Saturday night:rolleyes:

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
E90ABEB1-82AA-40DE-91A0-2DEBB6FBD865.jpeg 14CD27B8-6A8C-4EA2-AE86-1A896A8F4852.jpeg
Made my weekly low carb loaf but this week decided to do as two smaller loaves - don’t know why haven’t done so before it worked very well and more slices!
Breakfast one each of chipolata sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch four M and S seeded crackers with some cheese followed by a few garden berries and yoghurt
Mid pm DGF millionaire shortbread
Dinner chicken curry and two poppadoms with glass of soda water and gin followed by DGF cake.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 51509 View attachment 51508
Made my weekly low carb loaf but this week decided to do as two smaller loaves - don’t know why haven’t done so before it worked very well and more slices!
Breakfast one each of chipolata sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch four M and S seeded crackers with some cheese followed by a few garden berries and yoghurt
Mid pm DGF millionaire shortbread
Dinner chicken curry and two poppadoms with glass of soda water and gin followed by DGF cake.
yum yum! they look lovely as does the baker of course :happy:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
WHEW!
Same meal as yesterday (spicy mixed veggies, fried egg, marinated pork belly pieces and shitake mushrooms), but I spiced up the mushrooms with a little kecap and half a fresh chilli pepper.
Looks like my supermarket has a different strain of chilli peppers than usual :wideyed:.
Very tasty meal, but eaten teary eyed with the occasional sneeze, and all my sinuses are as clear as can be now!
As a lapsed but fellow sailor, I was more envious of the sunshine and lack of waves :)
Just last night before bed I read in my favourite magazine (Donald Duck) that people with brown pet guinea pigs have the risk of rain on their holiday reduced by 18%.
So I did a count this morning, and 5 of my guinea pigs are brown, not a chance of bad weather!
Of course the piggies will get an extra treat for this tomorrow. :happy:

Seeing as you've already seen a picture of my food yesterday, you'll get another utterly Dutch sailing picture instead. :)
No waves is pretty (and makes it easier to not spill your coffee), but the accompanying almost no wind means it took us 2 hours to tack our way through a small channel. Worth it though!

244663888_10224412751980709_4094867085984642947_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, small portion of baked beans, low carb toast and vegimite.
Shredded cheese and salad in a low carb wrap, lemon / lime cordial with the usual scoop of help you go powder mixed in for smoko.
Grilled fish fillets (the bag did not have a name on it), mixed salad stuff with some kimchi mixed in for lunch.
Leftover cold fish sandwich, tub of high protein greek yoghurt for supper at six.

Four or five pieces of salty liquorice watching a John Wick movie on Netflix.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you just e-mail them and were they ok about you spending the £30 voucher on one purchase?

Yes I emailed, and yes it was ok to spend all at once so I got a lovely big haul of sweet treats - some of which are still in the freezer. Happy days!