Blood Sugar changes-Freestyle Libre 2 vs Finger Prickle errors

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Bubbleblower ,

You could try scanning or taking a reading on you sensor. Then 20 minutes later use one of your meters & do a blood test?
The results may possibly look a little closer in range..

Hope this helps.
Is this true with Libre 2?
I understood, the Libre 2 does a pretty good job of predicting the 20 minute delay (unless you trend changes direction in that period).

Reactions: JohnEGreen

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I understood, the Libre 2 does a pretty good job of predicting the 20 minute delay (unless you trend changes direction in that period).
Yeah, the "unless your trend changes", I've certainly seen evidence of based on Blood Sugar readings and 'general feel'. For instance, Fiasp (because of its speed) can frequently make the reader think I'm going Low when I'm not.

Edit: Oh and taking Dextrose makes the reader freak out (in a way Libre 1 did not, to the same degree).

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I feel you've forgotten the BG meter has a lag of upto 20 minutes taking a "snapshot in time" at that point.
But i would agree the L2 does a reasonable job at working out where we are "now."

Bubbleblower

BANNED
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only