Blunt pen tips

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
Anyone use bd ultra fine pen tips 4mm ?
I use a fresh pen tip for every injection but am finding lately at least every second or third tip feels quite blunt and rough as it enters the skin. I still inject as I don’t want to start all over again but very annoying. Maybe I just got a bad batch ??!!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hi
I use a fresh pen tip for every injection but am finding lately at least every second or third tip feels quite blunt and rough as it enters the skin. I still inject as I don’t want to start all over again but very annoying. Maybe I just got a bad batch ??!!
Are you bending the tip when you're removing the cap? Happens to me sometimes and it's painful.

Reactions: Sharrryn

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I
Hi
I use the same and had 2 in my last box that felt blunt xx

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you bending the tip when you're removing the cap? Happens to me sometimes and it's painful.
No I’m careful not to bend the tip. Might just be unlikely with this box of needle tips.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
yes - they are awful.

My GP surgery insists on them (so probably cheap) but the pharmacy was out of stock last time so gave me a different brand and the difference was obvious. No more bruises!

kareeta77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I've had the same with several out of this current box. Annoying as I'm trying to be good and change (as you are supposed to) every injection :(