What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Marianne67. Hugs for @JohnEGreen (bg) @garyclark82 (vicious man flu - hope that's all it is) and @PenguinMum. My fbg was 4.6 at 4.36 - yet to check what Dawn P has done I'll find out pre CWC and HFCB around 11.
coffee with cream, high fibre (18 gms) chocolate bar previously CCB - chocolate caramel bar. Recipe(s) available via PM.
Edit: It was 5.5; up but after 4k steps and almost 7 hrs.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lousy sleep, but a jolly 5.6 this morning.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fasting levels were 5.6 yesterday as well as today. Still no exericse (hey, motivation where are you?).

Welcome to this thread, @Marianne67 and @sharonlmartin.
Love your analogy of T1 and T2, @karen8967.
@DJC3 -- Great fasting levels (without wine). It seems the new exercise regime is paying off.
@garyclark82 -- Hope you will start feeling better soon.
Hugs for the bad night's sleep, @Pipp and @BrianDoc.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fasting levels were 5.6 yesterday as well as today. Still no exericse (hey, motivation where are you?).

@DJC3 -- Great fasting levels (without wine). It seems the new exercise regime is paying off.
]

Like you said, keeping motivation going is the tough thing, not sure how long it’ll last.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.4! Well this is rubbish…. Had COVID19 Booster yesterday and my root Dental work has left me in pain. Could these two factors raise my morning numbers. Not happy…..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 via Swipey. @Estragon yes those two would have raised fbg as can a whole host of variables unrelated to carbs, fats, protein or diet in any way. @ultradad you continue to storm it; @DEBBIESCOTT great fbg and top stuff on the running. Y'all have a good day now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.4! Well this is rubbish…. Had COVID19 Booster yesterday and my root Dental work has left me in pain. Could these two factors raise my morning numbers. Not happy…..
Gentle Hugs. As others have said those two would seem the likely culprit. Hope the dental pain eases up. Take care.