What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Art is whatever you want it to be @ianpspurs

A random art link I picked out...
https://www.artbycedar.com/what-is-the-meaning-of-art/

Art is what you want or not want it to be.
Your choice.

I won't subscribe to what others expect me to find in art. I rebel if something is imposed on me. And go the opposite direction for the sake of it and bloody mindedness on my part.

I do subscribe to a more realistic (but not completely) representation. And I am trying, or have been trying out more abstract representations, but they are hard for me to do. I will stretch my boundaries always. And I don't expect you or anyone else to like/understand my more abstract representations, hence the reason I try to explain briefly how I got there in order to give a bit of insight how I reached the picture I posted.

Sometimes, I read others' descriptions how they got to their finished work. And it leaves me cold.

J. a proper fine artist, a degree in it, did try to 'educate' me on art. He took me to all kinds of exhibitions, Tate, National Gallery, and much more. And expected me to stand in front of some painting while he enthusiastically explained its merits. I wanted to run away. I was literally screaming inside. I didn't want to know. I still hate art exhibitions...

Once, when I sold some paintings, actually before the woman paid for them, she said she had to ask me something first. Would you be offended if I cut your paintings up, because these are inspirational and I want to create new paintings with them, she asked. I immediately (without hesitation) said I would be honoured if she cut up my paintings to create new works of art. J. was next to me and went visibly white and collapsed in the chair. I think the rest of the artiste in that art marquee went silent, watching in horror at this conversation...

Can I buy even more paintings to cut, the woman asked. Be my guest I said.

When she had gone, J. and other artists (also selling their work), came up to me horrified...I gave them short shrift...
Great story @gennepher and thanks for the link. I liked the colours. I couldn't/wouldn't buy into the feeling energised or helping my spirit vibe but I like "pretty." I'm much more a words and songs kinda guy even though so much of what I've studied and read about the meaning of much literature and poetry simply does not compute either with the words on the page/screen or anything in real human experience. Film as art absolutely baffles me - I just see big business wants our money and useful idiots call it art. I can become "fully invested" (what have we become?) in live sport, well ball sports and Olympics. I'd be with you all the way giving the art critics/precious short shrift. Too many Brian Sewell's and not enough Genns.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great story @gennepher and thanks for the link. I liked the colours. I couldn't/wouldn't buy into the feeling energised or helping my spirit vibe but I like "pretty." I'm much more a words and songs kinda guy even though so much of what I've studied and read about the meaning of much literature and poetry simply does not compute either with the words on the page/screen or anything in real human experience. Film as art absolutely baffles me - I just see big business wants our money and useful idiots call it art. I can become "fully invested" (what have we become?) in live sport, well ball sports and Olympics. I'd be with you all the way giving the art critics/precious short shrift. Too many Brian Sewell's and not enough Genns.
:)
Thanks @ianpspurs
Actually you are very good with videos/songs/words, especially this morning.
For reasons just known to me...from long ago...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This is such a non problem but just thinking about adults collecting these things made I larff. Sorry to anyone who finds the Potter dig offensive but look at the problems we have and tell me that matters. I have some sympathy for businesses struggling - people need jobs- but c'mon. So many of y'all wanted either Brexit, this shambles in Govt. or both. Shut the whatever up and own your choices. You knew - we all did if we're honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This is such a non problem but just thinking about adults collecting these things made I larff. Sorry to anyone who finds the Potter dig offensive but look at the problems we have and tell me that matters. I have some sympathy for businesses struggling - people need jobs- but c'mon. So many of y'all wanted either Brexit, this shambles in Govt. or both. Shut the whatever up and own your choices. You knew - we all did if we're honest.
There will be a spell in one of them yonder books and with the diligent use of a well chosen wand…..

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I am hoping the weather app is telling the truth that we have sunshine all day, because me and his Lordship will be in the garden and warm potting shed all day.

I love sunny Autumn and Winter days because the potting shed is lovely and warm to be in.

After he had licked all the pastes I give him (extra nutrients and taurine for an older cat), he decided he wanted cat food!

He did the guarding me again last night, so I massaged his toes and he fell asleep. Then, I put his warm fleece over him...

I took this photo in the night. Luckily no badger. My strategies appear to be working. There was just Jade asleep on a cushion on my thatched swing. Her eyes opened. Food? I obliged so I wouldn't tripping over a cat.

This rose has a bit of a faded glow at night if the sky is light. It is the last of this particular flowering rose bushes. But the phone camera kept compensating because of nighttime. And it wasn't what I wanted. So, I played with it in Snapseed until I got something a bit near the way I wanted.

C12D95F2-4678-4120-B7FC-A2595A031C26.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

I am hoping the weather app is telling the truth that we have sunshine all day, because me and his Lordship will be in the garden and warm potting shed all day.

I love sunny Autumn and Winter days because the potting shed is lovely and warm to be in.

After he had licked all the pastes I give him (extra nutrients and taurine for an older cat), he decided he wanted cat food!

He did the guarding me again last night, so I massaged his toes and he fell asleep. Then, I put his warm fleece over him...

I took this photo in the night. Luckily no badger. My strategies appear to be working. There was just Jade asleep on a cushion on my thatched swing. Her eyes opened. Food? I obliged so I wouldn't tripping over a cat.

This rose has a bit of a faded glow at night if the sky is light. It is the last of this particular flowering rose bushes. But the phone camera kept compensating because of nighttime. And it wasn't what I wanted. So, I played with it in Snapseed until I got something a bit near the way I wanted.

View attachment 51574
Wonderful capture of your roses. I hope the weather forecast holds true.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s another very quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Chicken salad followed by a slice of my apple and walnut cake came in at 5.4 this am

Not a great deal yesterday. Finally got the results of the search on the new house. All seems to be in order and importantly all relevant building regulations are in place and there are no plans to do any deep mining or HS2 ploughing through the back garden. Mrs Miggins realised that the MOT on her car has already run out so a couple of phone calls and it goes in this afternoon at our preferred back street garage. Well, in an industrial unit but that description is not as romantic. Mrs Queen has been chirping about the sayers and doers, Big Foot has been spotted in Marbella - other scintillating titbits of tittle tattle available including the hot air balloon that is David Frost - no, not the 9 o’clock news.

Arty farty bit - another bird on yet another twig. Hope your day is a good one no matter what you choose to call it. Bit early for koffy but hey!

upload_2021-10-15_6-15-7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.50am FBG 5.7
Despite my stated intention to get outside into the beautiful day, actually spent the morning gainfully employed helping to lay the underfloor heating. The afternoon was entirely wasted on a long, hot frustrating car journey. One if the reasons we are changing cars is because the air conditioning has broken down and will be expensive to investigate and repair. So lovely day to be outside and we spent hours in a hot car, stuck in traffic jams for ages. All to find that the car we had come to view was available, but the owner had changed conditions for the meeting and was not around. We waited an hour then drove home through the same horrendous traffic. Both of us swore we would never live in a city.
Errant has recovered his appetite, although he still has only a pathetic little squeak of a voice. Otherwise he seems fine. Am wondering if his less than impressive warcry is why I have had to intervene three night in a row when a tomcat I have never seen before attacked him. Right on our doorstep. Luckily Tom left instantly when I put on the outside light, but Errant has another collection of battle scars. With so few teeth Errant cannot possibly be an effective fighter even though he does have long claws.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet, cold and a hideous number of clothes needed to compensate here. Despite being strongly dehorted by young Pritti temporary visas for sun were issued hereabouts by the local news. 18c Sunday and 20c promised for next Thursday - huzzah, BBC website seems to have had an update from Pritti's press officer -:arghh: Fbg of 5.4 on Swipey utterly meh but up to 20 gms carb yesterday (that's inflation for ya), couple of experiments in there. I don't have to like this WOE, just suck it up while it works then ......??? Score draw yesterday and over the 6 years on the meter - maybe. SSSF today. Elsie really doesn't get any better for me and 'tis only a Lesser Festival for Teresa of Avila and mini payday. (Bless you Guv/Gov.) Yes indeed @karen8967. In a previous incarnation it was often POETS day. Enjoy the sun @gennepher and I appreciate the rose even though I can't stand 'em myself. @dunelm so much good news. Searches good, tick; MOT arranged,tick; cake a triumph,tick; my Bestie in Marbella, tick- how very appropriate. Wonder if some underling with a sense of humour booked that after reading The Pandora Papers ? Now, be good boys, girls, non cis etc and play nice but socially distanced if you don't mind - unless you are in a Drs surgery. Feel free to crowd in and cough all over the immunologically compromised in those low risk places. It is your right, nay duty, as a free born English???? Away wiv that clap for carers rubbish, far too woke.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Get thee to the Steve Bell cartoon in The Guardian today - should brighten up your day. I would post here but there is a potty mouth word for booty - I see ya baby, shaking that ......... kinda thing. You don't have to be woke, anti Joh..... it is just very, very funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Laying flooring:
Slide the short edge under the piece aready laid, ok. Tilt new length to 30 degrees and click into place. But then...
Watch as previously laid pieces fall apart. Arghhhhh
Instructions make no sense.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all
Escaped supervision for a few minutes and have stolen some Wi-Fi

blood sugars the last few days have been 5.8, 5.3, 5.3, 5.2 and 4.7 .

Whoops better sign out there are spies everywhere Mrs J has tentacles that reach far and wide

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Am a bit late posting because of no wifi. Luckily it was a problem with one of the Halo thingys which Mr K was able to sort out.
Then we spent rather a long time on the phone trying to sort out switching mobile phone providers. Hopefully the problem has now been sorted and the switch will go ahead smoothly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold in Cumbria today with wall to wall sunshine if it can get over our large hedges.
The day started with all the fields around our cottage covered in white frost.
Winter season is back again .
regards
Derek
You stay snug and warm inside young sparrow me owl. There be all sorts out there.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s another very quiet start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Chicken salad followed by a slice of my apple and walnut cake came in at 5.4 this am

Not a great deal yesterday. Finally got the results of the search on the new house. All seems to be in order and importantly all relevant building regulations are in place and there are no plans to do any deep mining or HS2 ploughing through the back garden. Mrs Miggins realised that the MOT on her car has already run out so a couple of phone calls and it goes in this afternoon at our preferred back street garage. Well, in an industrial unit but that description is not as romantic. Mrs Queen has been chirping about the sayers and doers, Big Foot has been spotted in Marbella - other scintillating titbits of tittle tattle available including the hot air balloon that is David Frost - no, not the 9 o’clock news.

Arty farty bit - another bird on yet another twig. Hope your day is a good one no matter what you choose to call it. Bit early for koffy but hey!

View attachment 51575
I hope @dunelm that Mrs Miggins car passes the MOT with flying colours!

A great b&w painting of bird in tree.
I look forward to your paintings...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.50am FBG 5.7
Despite my stated intention to get outside into the beautiful day, actually spent the morning gainfully employed helping to lay the underfloor heating. The afternoon was entirely wasted on a long, hot frustrating car journey. One if the reasons we are changing cars is because the air conditioning has broken down and will be expensive to investigate and repair. So lovely day to be outside and we spent hours in a hot car, stuck in traffic jams for ages. All to find that the car we had come to view was available, but the owner had changed conditions for the meeting and was not around. We waited an hour then drove home through the same horrendous traffic. Both of us swore we would never live in a city.
Errant has recovered his appetite, although he still has only a pathetic little squeak of a voice. Otherwise he seems fine. Am wondering if his less than impressive warcry is why I have had to intervene three night in a row when a tomcat I have never seen before attacked him. Right on our doorstep. Luckily Tom left instantly when I put on the outside light, but Errant has another collection of battle scars. With so few teeth Errant cannot possibly be an effective fighter even though he does have long claws.
Hugs for the frustrating day @SlimLizzy
And hugs for poor Errant...