What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.4 today, hoped for a lower number , but did eat too many carbs yesterday.. followed my confused mother to the hospital so she could have the booster dose of Pfizer-vaccine yesterday .. she was so confused yesterday, and on the phone the night before she was telling things happening that couldn't be true, my sister said she sounded normal a few hours before..well I wen't to pick her up at around 12 , and she still hat not left her bed.., so when I sat waiting at the living room I had a look at the pill-package in front of me ... she was one day too far in taking her medicine (which is among other morphine tablets) that explained a lot..:woot::wideyed::wacky:.. She never did that before

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.4 this afternoon. Dentist has put me on course of Antibiotics or Penicillin, whatever…. IBU and Panadol. Booster jab is subsiding. Anyways, treating ourselves to F n’ Chip supper tonight. :)
Enjoy you F n' Chip personally I would probably have more than just one chip though. :)

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

5.3 this morning.

@Estragon -- Hugs for the pain due to root work. Hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. Agree with the others that the pain is most likely the cause of the higher blood sugars.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How very droll @Estragon - have you sent the email to all@London? * Fbg of 5.4 on Swipey very meh but up to 20 gms carb yesterday, couple of experiments in there. Score draw? SSSF today. Elsie really doesn't get any better for me. I don't have to like this WOE, just suck it up while it works then ......???
* Jon Richardson, Live at the Apollo classic

Last edited:

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(Managed to post this somewhere else, inexplicably... clearly a lack of sleep affecting my judgement!)

An amazing 6.1 this morning. Was out for sister in law and father in law's birthday and allowed myself two glasses of red (first alcohol in three and a half months) and a slice of birthday cake so that, on top of my still stubbornly clinging on cold, meant I was expecting to rack up big numbers.

Perhaps I am, on occasion, going to be able to indulge after all?